Thread: Joe Corvino

1. Joe Corvino

Hi , My name is Carmen Corvino, the grandson of a great man that has been gone for 45 years and whose name is still talked about today. I have many fond memories as alittle boy hanging out at the blacksmith shop on Morgan st. in Chicago watching this 4'9" fireplug shoe horses and handle dogs.I don't have any dogs now so don't ask . If someone wants to chat about the ole . man let me know. Thanks,Carm

Welcome to the forum!

3. Thank you , Glad to chat about a great breed of dogs

Images
    Welcome Carmen!

Glad to have someone as knowledgeable as you on here.

Do you have any stories of Mr. Joe Corvino to share with us? Can you tell us of what is left of his strain of dogs? I've only read about a few men that had recieved dogs from him.

Anything you are willing to share about him would be an $#@!et to this website and greatly appreciated.

Feel free to share some pictures and stories in our history forums!;)

Quote Originally Posted by Searcy Jeff View Post
    Welcome Carmen!

Glad to have someone as knowledgeable as you on here.

Do you have any stories of Mr. Joe Corvino to share with us? Can you tell us of what is left of his strain of dogs? I've only read about a few men that had recieved dogs from him.

Anything you are willing to share about him would be an $#@!et to this website and greatly appreciated.
    I second everything that Searcy Jeff asked, and I also wondered if you felt this article was an accurate depiction of your grandfather?
    http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=3151

Hello and welcome!

Images
    Hello and welcome to the forum

9. Welcome to the forum:)

10. sorry I got tied up for a while. Sonny Sykes purchased all of my grandfathers dogs when he passed away . I was a young boy at the time of his death and none of the Corvino sons wanted anything to do with the continuing the bloodline . There were four sons and four daughters

11. WOW! What a pleasure to meet you!! I love those lines!:D

12. It's really no big deal , If you ever met my grandfather then you could say WOW. He was years ahead of his time

13. Lol...don't be so humble! ...and it's still great to know you!

Just curious on what you though about "the new" bully lines they have today?

I think it's sad that they call them "pitbulls'. I am ok with the name American Bully, though.

I'm not a fan. I like the 'old school' lines best. Just my opinion.