Beverly, NJ, on the Deleware River, just North of Philadelphia

Garlic kills fleas?

I just read something about garlic killing fleas on dogs. There's supplements you can buy or you can add garlic (and brewers yeast) to their food. Anyone out there ever tried this and if so what's better supplements or adding to the food? I also saw on dogchannel.com a recipe for a biscuit but I don't know about feeding him more flour.

Images
    Large amounts of Garlic can be bad for dogs. Stick to the stuff you get from the vet, either Frontline or Advantix. It's safer for your dog. Small amounts of garlic won't hurt your dog, but small amounts probably won't repel fleas either. Go with what you know works. Funny thing is, I live in the south, and Mollie and Bella never have fleas on them, and rarely have ticks either. I think I have found one tick on Bella and two on Mollie all year long. They don't stay outside long enough to get ticks much, and for some reason, Mollie has never had fleas. She's almost 5 yrs old and I've never had a flea problem with her, and I don't use Frontline or Advantix. She's just never had fleas. Bella doesn't seem to have them either. I've never seen one on her since we adopted her. **Nana knocks on wood.**

I live in the northeast and recently started getting fleas while using Frontline Plus. I used Hartz flea and tick shampoo and washed all the linen but they came back. I read garlic supplements get the garlic into the skin and repels them. I read reviews that say it worked but I wanted to check with you people to see if anyone has ever tried it. I never gave him any $#@!es before although I saw it in one of his treats.

4. Neither one of my dogs ever had fleas nor ticks. I don't know if it's because of garlic or just because...for god knows what reason. But I never used anything on them.
    I do give them garlic occasionally, it is bad in large amounts, but in small amounts it could be beneficial.
    I give about 1/8 of the clove maybe once a month sometimes once every two months. Nika eats her garlic usually wrapped up in something yummy, and Nakita loves it with carrots and mayonnaise (it's a sort of a spread we make, and we usually give her some).
    But do some research before hand, as with certain health conditions garlic can be more hazardous to your pup's health.

i believe that garlic is similar to onion and should not be fed to dogs as it can cause them to be sick or even die. if you are concerned about fleas k-9 advantix has been working really well for our dogs. we have never had a tick or flea on them since they have been medicated.

Try Comfortis (spelling???) worked great on my dogs

What is ''comfortis''?

a pill,from the vet,it kills the adult fleas in less than an hour !!

Images
    I've heard of that Comfortis pill... I even saw it at the vets when Bella hurt her tail. I haven't checked into it too much, but I think it's supposed to be pretty good.

I'll have to check into it. Is it sold over the counter or prescription?

you know thats funny cuz ive heard the garlic rumor, it kinda reminds me about the whole thing if u make your dog swallow a cigarrette itll get rid of his worms. ive never tried either but wonder if it works?