1. how much should i feed my 9 month old pup

ive been reading about feeding raw and ive just started about a week ago my question is how much should i feed him and how is it measured? by pounds or parts (chicken quarters etc ) also if im doing anything wrong please share your opinion

Images
    I don't feed raw.. but here's an awesome sticky on raw feeding information. :) I hope someone else who feeds raw or is familiar with a raw diet can help you out.

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=1737

Quote Originally Posted by tres View Post
    ive been reading about feeding raw and ive just started about a week ago my question is how much should i feed him and how is it measured? by pounds or parts (chicken quarters etc ) also if im doing anything wrong please share your opinion
    daily feeding will be 2-3% of body weight for adults, 10% for puppy..

the ideal meal will be 60% RMB (raw meaty bones)
    30% muscle meat
    10% offal

4. ok thanks for the info

5. We have a 9 month pitt pup too, your pup and mine look soo much alike. Since we first got ours he has been the most picky eater,, we have literally tried EVERYTHING.. raw, all type of different dog food from petsmart, even these things called satin balls that would take me forever to prepare and it seemed like he liked them at first but soon got sick from them and would completly stop eating them. All i wanted was him to eat, enjoy eating and eat healthy.. dog food he would nibble never excited to eat and he was just losing weight. Till one day i walked into this store called DOGMA and explained to them what was going on the foods they have in there are soooo healthy and natural! I feed him ACANA LOOK IT UP its AMAZING he tears this food up so fast and enjoys it!!! His favorite is the acana pacifica. The ingredients are nothing you cant pronouce and have no idea what it is like most dog foods. I'm telling you this stuff is amazing puts on pounds and has givin him energy, he's just a completly different dog.

Images
    Picky eaters are created, not born. If you allow your dog to dictate what it eats, then it will take advantage at every moment it can.

Yes the key is that the 2-3% adult body weight is IDEAL adult body weight. I feel if you know the parents and can guestimate thats probably better than the 10%.

Generally pups self regulate, just keep a close eye on his body condition as he's growing and more if he's burning through it too fast and less if he gets pudgy. Lean pups are healthy pups, but they should be too thin either!

80% meaty meat meals, 10% rmbs, and 10% organ are the actual ratios, but many people feed more bone in than the recommended ratio.