Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LOL...I've never heard this pit bull myth before...

A guy just came in to adopt a dog and we have this female bully pup in the office waiting for her owner to pick her up. Well the guy asked "is her tongue black or have black spots on it?" I said "no,why?" and he said "because the ones with black on their tongues will be vicious." I had to laugh!

Images

3. Yep that is pretty common here in Mexico, just last weekend at a company picinic one guy came and asked me, heard you just got a pitbull, does he has a black tongue? No he doesnt, you are probably thinking of a purple/blue one and that only happens if you choke a dog...

No he replies.. fighting dogs have black tongues, I'm.. well I heard of color noses.. not tongues... so I guess if I tell people my pitbull doesnt have a black tongue they wouldnt think he is dangerous ;)

4. you mean to say you didnt know that !

i guess you dont know that the dogs with sky blue toe nails are infertile either

you really need to get learning about this breed ;)

Images
    Please tell me you educated that moron! Durrrr!!

Images
    That's a new one on me... I heard something about spotted tongues at PetSmart a few weeks ago, but I was so not listening, that I dont' even remember what the guy said.

I swear, sometimes I think we own aliens or something. The way people talk about this breed is unbelievable!

Let me tell you...

a guy bent down and grabbed Guinness mouth looked at his teeth and said.. "Yep, he's full blooded pit.. you can tell by his teeth"

Really? I didn't know that because has teeth hes fullblooded..

Images
    Wow, that's a new one!! Just like one I heard about GSDs the other day.

If they have REAR dewclaws, that means they are mostly wolf... Since GSDs were all bred with wolves... I just giggled and kept going...

Images
    if they have a black or spotted tongue it means they have chow in them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjames View Post
    if they have a black or spotted tongue it means they have chow in them.
    There are other breeds with purple tongues, GSDs many times have black/purple splotches, I forget what other breed have full colored tongues... But most pits I have met have some kind or spotting on their tongue.

shar-pei's have the purple tongue too... but i always heard the opposite, that dogs with a black roof of the mouth are loyal.

Images
    what about grey balls? what does that mean, that hes a digger? maybe a cat chaser? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lmwst18 View Post
    Let me tell you...

a guy bent down and grabbed Guinness mouth looked at his teeth and said.. "Yep, he's full blooded pit.. you can tell by his teeth"

Really? I didn't know that because has teeth hes fullblooded..
    unless he was a vet or asked permission to touch my dog, I would have knocked him on his $#@!.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adamwilkes14 View Post
    unless he was a vet or asked permission to touch my dog, I would have knocked him on his $#@!.
    I've had people do this too... It is ridiculous. Especially with the puppy, he's just so cute.. Yeah. Kids never ask, I actually had a toddler run up out of nowhere and hug my pit around the neck, thankfully it was one of her sane days and the kid didn't get bitten. Mom came waddling up "Oh I saaarrrryyy... She just loves dogs."

People are rude, and in many cases just plain DUMB.

OHNOES. Jaeger has a purple splash on his gums.. Does that count????

oh, with kids, I can understand why they do it, they do not know any better, well MOST of them dont...but an adult, c'mon bro, ask before you get hurt...and I dont mean by the dog

17. uh oh! HE'S VICIOUS! lol! idots! I love how people just open their mouths and just prove how dumb they are! Some of those rumors out there are wild!

Images
    Oh for crying out loud!

pulling on a spring pole will make there head big.
    one day there brains will swell and they will kill you.
    the red noses have a sensitive nose if you tap it,they'll bite ya.
    if he has black spots on the roof of his mouth hes pure.
    that's way to small to be a pit bull he should be at least 80lbs.

Ahh the wonders of human stupidity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast