1. Bumps on my dogs elbows..

About a week ago I noticed like a lot of little bumps on my dogs fur and I was thinking it was ants or something. Those are gone now but he has like 3 or 4 different sized bums on his elbows with no fur now which weren't there last week. I was looking online and found that dogs get something similar from laying on concrete or hard surfaces but my dogs are always on the lawn or sleeping in holes they dug up. They don't use their bed I guess because of the heat. So the surfaces they enjoy being on aren't hard, so what could this be from?

2. Guess a picture would help, hopefully the attachment worked...it's hard to see it but it's not really on his elbow, you can see like 5 of those bald bumps on his arm. Any ideas what it could be?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elbow.jpg 
Views:	580 
Size:	725.1 KB 
ID:	4893  

did he fall? my dog had them a while ago, because he scraped himself. other then that I'm not sure.

4. No, he does pretty much slam himself on the ground to get his belly rubbed but can't be because of that. :P LOL And its on both arms. And actually the bumps he had on his body last week like I said are gone but I see where he had one is also a bald spot now.

my 7 month old, bruiser is an inside dog but he does go outside to play with the female several times a day. he also gets those kind of bumps all down his back and on the base of his tail. he gets a shower every 2 or 3 days, the bumps will go away then come back again when they get bad I use a cream from the feed store its a yellow cream for all animals called new stock, and I also use oatmeal shampoo for dogs skin. but the bumps and bald spots still come and go.

6. What are you feeding?

I feed sports mix, and table scraps, he loves left over gravy and bacon grease mixed with his dry. he eats whenever he wants too his bowl stays full

8. Quote Originally Posted by bruisers dad View Post
    I feed sports mix, and table scraps, he loves left over gravy and bacon grease mixed with his dry. he eats whenever he wants too his bowl stays full
    Please tell me you are joking...please, please

What kibble is he eating?

Quote Originally Posted by bruisers dad View Post
    that could be the problem right there. why would you give your dog bacon grease?i just stick to the kibble and see if it clears up. i wouldn't let him free feed like that you should feed him only twice a day with a set amount.what kind of kibble are you feeding?

10. I feed mine cheap kiddle (hopefully will change that soon), semi-raw chicken sometimes, and left overs occasionally depending on what it is. and also have treats for them, Sunny (the pit bull, eats any of the treats) but Maggie (my other terrier you can see in my avatar) is picky and only eats one chewy kind we got. Maggie has little red spots on her stomach and chest but the vet said that would be an allergy to fleas but we have some shampoo for the fleas and haven't seen any on either of them.

we leave his bowl full of sports mix puppy. but he dont really eat it all untill we mix something good to eat with it. when we do he will eat the whole bowl. then we just fill it back up again and let him nibble when he gets ready. but only about once a day do we mix it with gravy or bacon grease. he is just so happy when he gets a good bowl of tasty food

Images
    Well the extra food like table scraps isn't good. He could be having a bad reaction that. What exactly is sports mix food? I have never heard of it. :o

It could very well be the food, but considering it's on his elbows which are major pressure points when he lies down, there's also a very good chance it's some form of contact dermatitis.

Dogs that lie on hard surfaces a lot will usually form callouses on those pressure points that come into contact with that surface (elbows, hip points, etc.)

14. Quote Originally Posted by bruisers dad View Post
    we leave his bowl full of sports mix puppy. but he dont really eat it all untill we mix something good to eat with it. when we do he will eat the whole bowl. then we just fill it back up again and let him nibble when he gets ready. but only about once a day do we mix it with gravy or bacon grease. he is just so happy when he gets a good bowl of tasty food
    Mix some veggies in his kibble. Try to stay away from the bacon grease. It's really not healthy for the dog.

15. geeeeez i'm glad i read this, I always hook Boo up with the extra grease from the skillet.

16. not to be a dick.. but sport mix is a terrible food - chicken by products / chicken by product meal, ground yellow corn

when enzo gets those on his arms i put balmex on them..and the next day it clears them right up...works miracles