Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can any one here can help me im thinking of getting a dog from Tom Garner

I here good thing's and i all so here bad thing's about Tom, i will love to own a Frisco bred dog or any thing off elmo what to do?:confused:

Go for it, follow your first thought and desire, they're usually correct. Good luck and keep us posted. clmr

If you can afford his prices and trust him... go for it.

Since 1995 I have purchased 5 dogs from TG within the last 2 yrs a male off El Negro who will be 2 in Oct. and a female off Rosco who will be 1 on the 27th of this month I have delt with MANY a dog man and bought many dogs since my first purchase of a Komosinski bred dog in 1988 he has been the most honest guy I have ever purchased a dog from regardless of the price I feel you can't go WRONG I am more than PLEASED with these last two I have purchased..........JMO

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    Since 1995 I have purchased 5 dogs from TG within the last 2 yrs a male off El Negro who will be 2 in Oct. and a female off Rosco who will be 1 on the 27th of this month I have delt with MANY a dog man and bought many dogs since my first purchase of a Komosinski bred dog in 1988 he has been the most honest guy I have ever purchased a dog from regardless of the price I feel you can't go WRONG I am more than PLEASED with these last two I have purchased..........JMO
    Those are the two in his yard id consider also, hows that pup off Rosco turning out?

6. Quote Originally Posted by grave digger View Post
    I here good thing's and i all so here bad thing's about Tom, i will love to own a Frisco bred dog or any thing off elmo what to do?:confused:
    go to his yard and check some other people then you can choose which way to go

Thanx to every one here for helping me.......

8. im got dogs from tom also and i also got a female off rosco and a male off el negro

Quote Originally Posted by firstavebarber View Post
    im got dogs from tom also and i also got a female off rosco and a male off el negro
    Yeah my next step will be tom yard do any one here know him personally?:confused:.

10. I have bought a male off el negro and a female off bolo and I met tom and looked him eye to eye he seems like a very honest guy my dogs are very spectactular so I would definitly recomend givin him chance

I just read that the ADBA won't register Frisco dogs and that he left the ADBA, are yours reg'ed somewhere else?

he has his own registry SDR

Tom is a businessman first and for most... but he's always been cordial and polite to me but we know of the same folks so that may be why.. I dunno. In these dogs everyone wants to say they have the best... so Dogman A will down talk Dogman B's dogs and vice versa.... its been that way for a century or more.

Tom sells dogs and from the people I know that have walked his yard and have dogs from him they are more than happy with the quailty of animal he is still producing.

As for ADBA.. its my understanding they will not register a dog directly off of Frisco any longer due to DNA concerns and that Tom refused to supply a sample for Frisco to be tested... but I am not completely privy to that whole fiasco... just alot of heresay.

I myself wouldn't purchase a dog from Tom simply because I am happy with the Dogmen I deal with and Tom's prices are a bit too high for me...

Yeah I didn't want to get into the why's of it just that you couldn't register. He looks like he has great dogs, a little pricey. But since he doesn't do ADBA I may be misunderstanding but you wouldn't be able to show/work a dog at any events?

Images
    From what I know he produces some fine dogs.
    That's all I can say.

16. dogmen with nothing to sell have nothing to hide or impress......now i dont know mr.garner but my understanding of human nature tells me that a man who starts his own registry to enable the registry of dogs refused registration elsewhere may well have something to hide........i mean.....is manny paqcuiao going to be allowed do his own blood tests :D

and that would be enough reason for me not to have dealings with him,a pedigree is only as honest as the man who writes it out.

I am just asking if a dog registered with him would or would not be able to be shown anywhere.

true Mr Clueless.... but if the dog is doing what you need it to do at a high level... does n't that matter more than the paper? just playing Devil's advocate...

But doesn't the dog make the papers and not vice versa?? didn't Maurice Carver say he could sell you a cake without telling you the recipe? ;)

Not that i agree with it... just saying,

19. absolutely the dog makes the ped not the other way round....and that is why its essential that a pedigree is truthful......
    if you have no intention of breeding and you have no interest historically then no the paperwork doesnt matter at all....

mo carver bred some great dogs.....but for the reason you mentioned i wouldnt have wanted one as i want to breed a great dog !...and where do you start trying to breed a dog you dont know the background of.

just because things happen and work....doesnt make them right ;)

tom can be egotistical at times and most defenitly cators to some more than others.........he will snub his nose up at u sometimes never could figure him out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast