1. Questions about the NKC

Hey, there's an NKC show coming up and it sparked my interest, so I checked out their APBT standard (And much to my surprise, blue is an disqualification lol). I was wondering, first off, if they recognize ADBA papers?

Also wondering what their conformation shows are like. Are they similar to ADBA/AADR? Or more like UKC?

2. I never heard of that organization...

Wow didn't even know they had those shows. The blue color comes from Amstaff lines, so I'm surprised it's a fault.

Images
    I moved your thread to our Show & Events Section. You should get more answers here. :)

I've only heard of the NKC after reading an article on the AmStaff on dogbreedinfo.com In that article it states (or rather shows) that the NKC does recognize the AmStaff. I'm not sure why blue would be a disqualifying trait since it is a common color.

6. No it's accepted in the NKC AmStaff standard. But blue or gray is a disqualification for an APBT (They recognize both breeds).

The NKC show is being held by a bull and terrier club in Ocala. There will be a number of sporting events as well, so I'm pretty excited. Just wanted to check out their conformation.

I just looked back through the standard and blue is a disqualifying trait for the APBT but not the AST.

http://www.nationalkennelclub.com/Br...STB%20Standard

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IronChef View Post
    No it's accepted in the NKC AmStaff standard. But blue or gray is a disqualification for an APBT (They recognize both breeds).

The NKC show is being held by a bull and terrier club in Ocala. There will be a number of sporting events as well, so I'm pretty excited. Just wanted to check out their conformation.
    I saw this post right after I hit reply.

8. Usually the main show is an American Bulldog show, w/just a few APBT's. The NKC shows usually have some fun working events. Xanny's an NKC champion, Soleil's registered w/them.

9. Re: Questions About The NKC

There is only one blue dog that has ever been registered with the NKC as an "American Pit Bull Terrier" and I owned him. His name was "Turner's Blue Razor Blade" (R.I.P.). He was registered at the request of Del Morgan, the Owner of the NKC and at Del Morgan's request inspected by Art Parker who awarded him 2nd place the exact same day he was inspected with 1st going to a WSK dog who'd just made Ch. several days prior. I can scan his NKC registration and 2nd place NKC ribbon if needed. FYI, I first met Mr. Morgan at the 2004 ADBA Nationals and soon after recieved the registry request via a mutual friend. I have not shown or registered with the NKC since.

Regards;
    CHATNJACK

10. Quote Originally Posted by chatnjack View Post
    There is only one blue dog that has ever been registered with the NKC as an "American Pit Bull Terrier" and I owned him. His name was "Turner's Blue Razor Blade" (R.I.P.). He was registered at the request of Del Morgan, the Owner of the NKC and at Del Morgan's request inspected by Art Parker who awarded him 2nd place the exact same day he was inspected with 1st going to a WSK dog who'd just made Ch. several days prior. I can scan his NKC registration and 2nd place NKC ribbon if needed. FYI, I first met Mr. Morgan at the 2004 ADBA Nationals and soon after recieved the registry request via a mutual friend. I have not shown or registered with the NKC since.

Regards;
    CHATNJACK

And here they are...