Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    yard deodorizers

    my yard smells horrible in spit of how clean i keep it.has anyone tried any of those yard deodorizers?curious if they actually work,dose anyone have any other methods?

  2. #2
    I spray mine down with water when it gets stinky.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I spray mine down with water when it gets stinky.
    ive tried that but it seems to make things worse

    ---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

    i found this http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752879 but its kinda expensive and I'm not sure if it will actually work.i was hoping somebody has some home remedies or can tell me of a product that worked for them.

  4. #4
    I know some people do use bleach, but I never really got that, as aren't you NOT supposed to mix urine and bleach?? I'm not sure if bleach would help with the smell so much as it would kill bacteria and such.

    I've never seen that stuff before. I'll be interested to hear what other people have for suggestions, too. I hate the yard stink.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I know some people do use bleach, but I never really got that, as aren't you NOT supposed to mix urine and bleach?? I'm not sure if bleach would help with the smell so much as it would kill bacteria and such.
    Actually, bleach works very well for cleaning up urine. However, you need something with enzymes in it to kill the bacteria. I would try using a sprinkler every night for about 20 mins and then if it doesn't get better after like two or so weeks, then going for the spendy stuff ;).

  6. #6

    yard stink

    fabuloso it will smell like you did laundry outside.lol

  7. #7
    ...give your dogs brewer's yeast tablets with garlic. That way instead is your yard smelling like $#@!...it will smell like garlic mixed with $#@!. Then you'll be happy with the $#@! smell and forget about deodorizing LMAO!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by screamin'eagle View Post
    ...give your dogs brewer's yeast tablets with garlic. That way instead is your yard smelling like $#@!...it will smell like garlic mixed with $#@!. Then you'll be happy with the $#@! smell and forget about deodorizing LMAO!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    pssst......Right behind you
    Posts
    4,445
    Images
    2
    We use powdered lime. It has been used for years to deodorizing horse stalls. We bought a 50pd bag at tractor Supply for $7.

  10. #10
    How's that as far as the horses or people inhaling it Cyn? I'd like to try something but I'm leary about anything powdered with Raven.

  11. #11
    lime will control bugs also, but...

    once it rains it looses its effectiveness from my experience...it can cause burns to the dogs because of the ph balance etc so be sure you use a proper amount for your yard.
    Last edited by screamin'eagle; 08-08-2009 at 09:17 PM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    pssst......Right behind you
    Posts
    4,445
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    How's that as far as the horses or people inhaling it Cyn? I'd like to try something but I'm leary about anything powdered with Raven.
    I would not use it if i was you Zoe. Not with Raven around.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Zephyrhills (Tampa Area), Florida
    Posts
    823
    the best yard deodorizers I know of are flowers.....

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaATL View Post
    I would not use it if i was you Zoe. Not with Raven around.
    Thanx Cyn.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaATL View Post
    We use powdered lime. It has been used for years to deodorizing horse stalls. We bought a 50pd bag at tractor Supply for $7.
    i think the lime would do more harm then good.im a bricklayer and work with it all day and its definitly not something i want my dogs laying in.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    3,154
    Images
    6
    We buy full strength simple green, not diluted (check Home Depot) and use one of those pump/mist canisters (often used for pesticide) and spray the areas close to the house with that. It doesn't hurt the gr$#@!, etc. It works well in the fenced in kennel area where we have cement too and it smells clean.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,397
    Images
    5
    Maybe you could plant some Lavender and Mint...smell good and they also repel fleas. Cedar chips also smell good and repel insects.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    pssst......Right behind you
    Posts
    4,445
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff View Post
    i think the lime would do more harm then good.im a bricklayer and work with it all day and its definitly not something i want my dogs laying in.
    It has been used for years with horses. Also some people get crushed lime as well and use that. Our dogs are fine and other people that have been involved in dog longer than I have been alive plus some use it with no problems. We also have 13 dogs at the moment. If we only had a few then it would be a different story. And we do not pour it on thick. We put it is the spots that each dog goes. Every dog has certain spots they like to urinate and defecate.

    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDawg View Post
    Maybe you could plant some Lavender and Mint...smell good and they also repel fleas. Cedar chips also smell good and repel insects.
    Cedar chips are great. We use them in the dogs houses during the spring through fall as bedding. And you can really smell it when you go out. We change it weekly.

    You can also get one of those dial a spray pour bleach in that and hook it up to your hose.

Similar Threads

  1. New dog on the yard.
    By WAR_PAINT in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 08:46 PM
  2. Best Deodorizers
    By DeeDee S. in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 09:55 AM
  3. Yard Fox Doing Well
    By Terrierman in forum Dog Blogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 08:50 PM
  4. Fox in the Yard
    By Terrierman in forum Dog Blogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 07:30 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

homemade yard deodorizer

homemade lawn deodorizer

homemade dog yard deodorizer

yard deodorizer homemade

deodorize dog yard

pet deodorizer for outdoors

lawn deodorizer

pet yard deodorizer

yard deodorizer

how to deodorize your yard

dog urine deodorizer yard

homemade kennel deodorizer

diy yard deodorizer

pet lawn deodorizer

natural yard deodorizer

how to deodorize backyard dog yard deodorizernatural outdoor deodorizeroutdoor pet deodorizeryard deodorizer sprayhow to deodorize a dog yardbackyard deodorizerbest yard deodorizerhow to make yard deodorizeroutdoor dog urine deodorizeroutdoor deodorizerhow to deodorize yardoutside deodorizerhow to deodorize a yardhow to deodorize your lawnyard deoderizeryard deodorizer yards homemadekennel deodorizer for dogsdeodorizing dog yardsdeodorize yard

Bookmarks