yard deodorizers

my yard smells horrible in spit of how clean i keep it.has anyone tried any of those yard deodorizers?curious if they actually work,dose anyone have any other methods?

I spray mine down with water when it gets stinky.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I spray mine down with water when it gets stinky.
    ive tried that but it seems to make things worse

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

i found this http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=2752879 but its kinda expensive and I'm not sure if it will actually work.i was hoping somebody has some home remedies or can tell me of a product that worked for them.

I know some people do use bleach, but I never really got that, as aren't you NOT supposed to mix urine and bleach?? I'm not sure if bleach would help with the smell so much as it would kill bacteria and such.

I've never seen that stuff before. I'll be interested to hear what other people have for suggestions, too. I hate the yard stink.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I know some people do use bleach, but I never really got that, as aren't you NOT supposed to mix urine and bleach?? I'm not sure if bleach would help with the smell so much as it would kill bacteria and such.
    Actually, bleach works very well for cleaning up urine. However, you need something with enzymes in it to kill the bacteria. I would try using a sprinkler every night for about 20 mins and then if it doesn't get better after like two or so weeks, then going for the spendy stuff ;).

yard stink

fabuloso it will smell like you did laundry outside.lol

...give your dogs brewer's yeast tablets with garlic. That way instead is your yard smelling like $#@!...it will smell like garlic mixed with $#@!. Then you'll be happy with the $#@! smell and forget about deodorizing LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by screamin'eagle View Post
    ...give your dogs brewer's yeast tablets with garlic. That way instead is your yard smelling like $#@!...it will smell like garlic mixed with $#@!. Then you'll be happy with the $#@! smell and forget about deodorizing LMAO!

Images
    We use powdered lime. It has been used for years to deodorizing horse stalls. We bought a 50pd bag at tractor Supply for $7.

How's that as far as the horses or people inhaling it Cyn? I'd like to try something but I'm leary about anything powdered with Raven.

lime will control bugs also, but...

once it rains it looses its effectiveness from my experience...it can cause burns to the dogs because of the ph balance etc so be sure you use a proper amount for your yard.
    Last edited by screamin'eagle; 08-08-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    How's that as far as the horses or people inhaling it Cyn? I'd like to try something but I'm leary about anything powdered with Raven.
    I would not use it if i was you Zoe. Not with Raven around.

the best yard deodorizers I know of are flowers.....

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaATL View Post
    I would not use it if i was you Zoe. Not with Raven around.
    Thanx Cyn.

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaATL View Post
    We use powdered lime. It has been used for years to deodorizing horse stalls. We bought a 50pd bag at tractor Supply for $7.
    i think the lime would do more harm then good.im a bricklayer and work with it all day and its definitly not something i want my dogs laying in.

Images
    We buy full strength simple green, not diluted (check Home Depot) and use one of those pump/mist canisters (often used for pesticide) and spray the areas close to the house with that. It doesn't hurt the gr$#@!, etc. It works well in the fenced in kennel area where we have cement too and it smells clean.

Images
    Maybe you could plant some Lavender and Mint...smell good and they also repel fleas. Cedar chips also smell good and repel insects.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff View Post
    i think the lime would do more harm then good.im a bricklayer and work with it all day and its definitly not something i want my dogs laying in.
    It has been used for years with horses. Also some people get crushed lime as well and use that. Our dogs are fine and other people that have been involved in dog longer than I have been alive plus some use it with no problems. We also have 13 dogs at the moment. If we only had a few then it would be a different story. And we do not pour it on thick. We put it is the spots that each dog goes. Every dog has certain spots they like to urinate and defecate.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDawg View Post
    Maybe you could plant some Lavender and Mint...smell good and they also repel fleas. Cedar chips also smell good and repel insects.
    Cedar chips are great. We use them in the dogs houses during the spring through fall as bedding. And you can really smell it when you go out. We change it weekly.

You can also get one of those dial a spray pour bleach in that and hook it up to your hose.