Thread: Ear Crop?

Ear Crop?

I have a female that i am trying to find a vet that will crop her ears but she is about 7 months old and i don't know of any vets that will do it at that age.. does anyone know of any vets in the Nashville, TN are that will do it at that age?

Images
    That is way too late to be cropping her ears, I doubt any vet is going to do it.

3. some vets will do adults - i'm not familiar with the TN area though. you may want to contact breeders of 'cropped' breeds in that area: pitbulls, dobermans, danes, etc etc. someone should be able to help you...

4. some will do it, laser cropping is supossed to be able to be done at a much later age. ive heard up to a year.

Images
    Id bet you ll have to go w/a short crop since you waited so long.

Caspers were done at 8 months. My vet will do it up till they are 2 yrs old... Just keep looking. Not sure about TN

Images
    I dont want you to feel like im dissing your dog, but when you wait too long the cartlidge is already developed, and you ll have an ear like your pic shows....thats why i said a short or battle crop might be necessary. Im not sure what taping can do for an ear at that age, and rubbing will only work so well.

Images
    I dont think any vets in my area will do it past like 16 or 18, my vet back in TX is old school and he said he would only do a battle crop, but he would suggest to not crop at all.

9. :)i don't know if he is still around but a few years ago i knew a vet close to hickory hollow mall in the antioch area that would do it. maybe look in the yellowpages for ones in that area, but i would not even bother natural, in my humble opinion, is the way to go.

10. if the crop is done good then i defentaly prefer them with it done,,, but thats just in my opinion