Female in heat, Male gone crazy

So we have a female rott, and a male pit, (juicy and mars)

Juicy is in heat. Mars is acting a fool!! He whines all day, all night, He won't sleep. He just sits and cries cause he can't be with Juicy.

We have been cage and rotating / keeping them very supervised.

But. (obviously get them fixed is the answer)
    What can I (if anything) do to help Mars get through this time? How can I get through this time without wanting to just put him outside all day.

He is really driving me crazy. (getting him fixed isn't an available option at this moment, he will be getting them cut off as soon as I have the 80 bux)

Images
    Is there anyone who can watch him for you until she is out of heat?

It really can be tough on some males more so than others.

Hi
    The first thing to do is to put the female in a crate in a room by herself. (This is where she needs to live till she is out of season).The second thing is to make sure that you hand walk her only in a sepperate area that you would let your male go to his duties. The third thing to do is to get you an empty clean gallon jug and a clean spray bottle. Mix 4oz of bleach with 1 gallon of h2o. Poor into spray bottle, spray all areas that she urinates or deficates (immediately removing all feces). This mixture can also be used to wipe her crate out as well. Best if you can have someone wipe out the crate while she is being walked. Give it a min to air dry before placeing her back into it.

as far as the male. Show him a little more attention- throw the ball for him. This will help discourageing him when he displays that behavour.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by simms View Post
    Hi
    The first thing to do is to put the female in a crate in a room by herself. (This is where she needs to live till she is out of season).

The second thing is to make sure that you hand walk her only in a sepperate area that you would not let your male go to his duties.

The third thing to do is to get you an empty clean gallon jug and a clean spray bottle. Mix 4oz of bleach with 1 gallon of h2o. Poor into spray bottle, spray all areas that she urinates or deficates (immediately removing all feces prior to spraying with bleach solution).

This mixture can also be used to wipe her crate out as well. Best if you can have someone wipe out the crate while she is being walked. Give it a min to air dry before placeing her back into it.

as far as the male. Show him a little more attention- throw the ball for him. This will help discourageing him when he displays that behavour.

good luck!

Damn 5 min edit block.

You know I was going to ask this same question. My remody is making an artificial vagina when he's going to mount and exactly like horses do it.

Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BMizzle View Post
    (getting him fixed isn't an available option at this moment, he will be getting them cut off as soon as I have the 80 bux)
    Apply forspay/neuter funding with PBRC for your dog that is the pit:

http://www.pbrc.net/fund/ap_neuter.html

They can cover anything you can't afford.

I heard that liquid chlorophyll given to the female can help tone things down a bit. It's supposed to work better if you start it at the beginning of the heat cycle but it might still work. 1 tablespoon in the morning feed, 1 tablespoon in the evening feed. I've never tried it myself, but might be worth it to give it a go. It'll probably make her poops green. lol I used to give it to Raven.

8. Vicks Vaporub under the nose...helps calm things a bit. Just enough to mask the scent...

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenBread View Post
    You know I was going to ask this same question. My remody is making an artificial vagina when he's going to mount and exactly like horses do it.

Eh....the only time such a device is used is when someone is attempting artificial insemination. Helping a dog, or horse, get it's jollies off just for fun is not something I've ever heard of anyone doing. Ever.

To the OP, welcome to the wonderful world of intact animals.

The female needs to be kept apart from all other male dogs for 30 days (minimum) and really should be kept away from female dogs for a while because they tend to get quite, well, bitchy. :D

And I'm not sure there is anything you can do for your male. It's just the way it is.

I spent the day yesterday moving my mare back over to my friend's property as she is coming into heat again and my stallion decided to beat up his gelding pasture partner in his frustration to get to my mare. I always remove her from the property or else he's a complete wackjob for the entire time.

Try the Vick's vapor rub thing. It will HELP but not completely cure it.

My female Doberman and Schnauzer were in heat at the same time a few months ago and I was paying hell keeping the boys and girls separate. Finally I sent the Doberman to a friends house (her only male is a neutered Tibetan Mastiff). For Samson and Daphne (who are both inside dogs, I crated and rotated for a month. If Samson was inside Daphne was in the bedroom (door shut) or outside pottying. They didn't see each other for a month lol

When my financial situation gets better I am going to be having Dapne spayed and ultimately Samson will be neutered. I am hoping to show him a couple more times....so depending on how well he does will determine how soon he is neutered.

If you aren't planning on breeding your Rottweiler just an FYI have her spayed. It will end a lot of headache and possible heartache for you in the future. An unspayed female is more highly prone to mammary cancer and pyometra neither are good things to go through.....

Kia

Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nc_pitbullmommy View Post

When my financial situation gets better I am going to be having Dapne spayed and ultimately Samson will be neutered.
    I repeat ...

Apply for spay/neuter funding with PBRC for your dog that is the pit:

http://www.pbrc.net/fund/ap_neuter.html

They can cover anything you can't afford.

PM me if you live anywhere close to Mebane, NC and I can tell you about my clinic's special program for pit bulls.