Question throws up yellow?

hey there helpful people! I have a few Questions! So ebi (8 month old pit newly adopted) My pup has thrown up twice in 5 hours only about a 1/3 of a cup at a time of this yellow stuff. She eats fine, drinks fine, stool was normal urine was normal, shes as peppy as always. Sooo whats the deal? I havent changed her food, it's calm at home. She was spayed last thursday and was on pain meds friday and saturday. I've kept her calm shes healing nicely. So what gives? thanks again for the help!:confused:

Images
    Has she been eating gr$#@! at all? Mine will vomit when theyve eaten gr$#@! and its usually yellow in color.

oh no.. She tried once and I didn't know if it had been treated so I didnt let her

Images
    I'd call your vet.. may be a reaction to the meds or something.

Yep, call the vet. But it sounds like hunger pukes to me lol. Better to be safe than sorry!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn View Post
    Yep, call the vet. But it sounds like hunger pukes to me lol. Better to be safe than sorry!
    Me too....;)

Bilious vomiting syndrome (also called reflux gastritis) can happen to cats, but is most commonly seen in dogs. The dog vomits not food or mucus, but just bile. It just looks like white, yellow or tan foam. The dog usually has an empty stomach when he or she begins to vomit, which may be one reason why dogs with the syndrome often vomit first thing in the morning.

Causes

There are a variety of reasons why a dog could develop bilious vomiting syndrome. This could be from an injury, a complication from another digestive illness in the dog or problems with the stomach being able to handle normal stomach bile. Another reason is that the stomach lining was permanently injured after suffering a digestive illness, and that makes it try to expel any bile. Treatment

If the dog is otherwise behaving normally, then there may be no need for medication. Try feeding the dog a snack at night to see if that stops the dry heaves. But if the dog is showing other symptoms, then a vet's help is needed. Treatment usually includes a nightly dose of cimetidine, ranitidine or carafate to help soothe the stomach lining. Ethromycin may also be administered. Diagnosis

In order to be sure of the cause, usually a stool sample is needed to rule out other problems, and then a biopsy is performed on the stomach. The dog has to be under anesthesia for this. VetConnect.com notes that nowadays, instead of a biopsy, a tiny camera can be sent into the stomach (an endoscopy) so the vet can examine the stomach that way. Warning

According to Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, vomiting up bile on an empty stomach is also one of the symptoms of giardiasis, or internal parasites. Usually, this is also accompanied by weight loss and diarrhea, but not always. If the dog is chronically vomiting bile every day, then the vet should be called immediately.

Thank you! Ill keep that in mind shes been fine since my post dropped by my vet we chatted he said it was most likely a hungry tummy. Gave her some rice and steak and prsto happy puppy

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
    Me too....;)

Bilious vomiting syndrome (also called reflux gastritis) can happen to cats, but is most commonly seen in dogs. The dog vomits not food or mucus, but just bile. It just looks like white, yellow or tan foam. The dog usually has an empty stomach when he or she begins to vomit, which may be one reason why dogs with the syndrome often vomit first thing in the morning.

Causes

There are a variety of reasons why a dog could develop bilious vomiting syndrome. This could be from an injury, a complication from another digestive illness in the dog or problems with the stomach being able to handle normal stomach bile. Another reason is that the stomach lining was permanently injured after suffering a digestive illness, and that makes it try to expel any bile. Treatment

If the dog is otherwise behaving normally, then there may be no need for medication. Try feeding the dog a snack at night to see if that stops the dry heaves. But if the dog is showing other symptoms, then a vet's help is needed. Treatment usually includes a nightly dose of cimetidine, ranitidine or carafate to help soothe the stomach lining. Ethromycin may also be administered. Diagnosis

In order to be sure of the cause, usually a stool sample is needed to rule out other problems, and then a biopsy is performed on the stomach. The dog has to be under anesthesia for this. VetConnect.com notes that nowadays, instead of a biopsy, a tiny camera can be sent into the stomach (an endoscopy) so the vet can examine the stomach that way. Warning

According to Dog Owner's Home Veterinary Handbook, vomiting up bile on an empty stomach is also one of the symptoms of giardiasis, or internal parasites. Usually, this is also accompanied by weight loss and diarrhea, but not always. If the dog is chronically vomiting bile every day, then the vet should be called immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    Has she been eating gr$#@! at all? Mine will vomit when theyve eaten gr$#@! and its usually yellow in color.
    Yeah my dog does the same thing.