Exclamation It's Hot! (In This Car!) Flyers & Posters!

Because many states allow only $#@!istance dogs to be brought into stores or malls, some people take their dogs along on errands but leave them in the car. This can be deadly.

A little heat outside a car can quickly make it very hot inside. On a summer's day of only 85 degrees Fahrenheit, for example, even keeping the windows slightly open won't stop the inside temperature from climbing to 102 degrees in 10 minutes, and to 120 degrees in 20 minutes. A dog whose body temperature rises to 107-108 degrees will within a very short time suffer irreparable brain damage or even death.

UAN's "Don't Leave Me in Here It's Hot!" flier has saved countless animals' lives over the years. With its tips on prevention and treatment, the flier has proven to be a painless reminder that alerts someone of the dangers of leaving animals in the car while he or she is shopping. Whenever you see a parked car with animals inside, place the "Don't Leave Me in Here It's Hot!" flier under the windshield wiper. (If you see an animal in imminent danger or a child left unattended inside a car, see the store manager or contact the police.)

Download/Print Acrobat PDF black and white
    Download/Print Acrobat PDF red and white
    Purchase a 25 pack in the UAN Store
    You can download and print a single sheet (three up) of our "Don't Leave Me in Here It's Hot!" fliers (PDF file), or order your own lifesaving packet of fliers from the UAN Store (25 fliers for $3). Call (916) 429-2457 or e-mail info@uan.org for information about discount pricing for larger-volume orders.

Download/Print your own sign Acrobat PDF
    You can also print a copy of UAN's "Hot Temperature" warning sign (Acrobat PDF) and distribute it to area businesses. Ask store managers to display the poster prominently, so that customers and their dogs stay safe and sound this summer.

Download/Print an order form Acrobat PDF
    Download a "Don't Leave Me in Here It's Hot" flier order form to use for tabling events and to spread the word to others on how to order and distribute these lifesaving fliers.

Download/Print Acrobat PDF 8-1/2 x 11 poster
    Download/Print Acrobat PDF 11 x 14 poster
    Download our new "A Hot Oven or a Hot Car... It's the Same Thing" poster to print out and hang up to remind others not to leave their dogs in parked cars.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/gi/dyna...om/b_flyer.php

It sucks that it's getting so hot now, Diesel and Kara love to go anywhere and everywhere in the car, but it's not worth risking their lives.

Thanks for the links! I'm passing them on to our clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn View Post
    It sucks that it's getting so hot now, Diesel and Kara love to go anywhere and everywhere in the car, but it's not worth risking their lives.
    Same here. Nick & Rosie go everywhere with me. Whenever I go anywhere, I put a sunshade in the front window, and I made them for the side windows. Then I open all the windows and the moonroof. AND I have a portable fan.
    It stays really comfortable in there (we tested it in full sun w/o the dogs). But even so, we're planning on putting in a doggie door so they won't have to be crated 11 hours on hot days.