Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I want Green Pit Bull

Ok not really a green dog but I have been trying to find out about bloodlines which I did find out alot. But is there any bloodlines that produce Green EYES? I know they can have green eyes when young but they change. I want one with green eyes really bad, I love the way it looks plus I have green eyes and know its rare.
    Also if anyone has any pics of adult Pits with green eyes I would love to put them on my website in the photo gallery! Just post them up and I will add them. Let me know if there is BL that has green eyes though if anyone knows. thanks

ummm never heard of a bloodline with green eyes

I never heard of that bloodline either.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but bear with me.

I'm concerned you are going about trying to find an APBT all the wrong way. While it's ok to have preferences and decide to choose the chocolate colored puppy out of the litter with mostly bucksin puppies, finding a breeder who breeds solely for looks and color will end up with you finding a unreputable back yard breeder who is breeding dogs for nothing more than ego and money.

You should start out making a list of all the things you want out of the dogs. For instance, when I first got interested in these dogs, my main desire was for a canine athlete to complement me. I thought they were the ultimate "do it all" dog. That's what drew me in, and ultimately what has kept me here. Once you've decided what you want out of your dog and what qualities you are looking for (other than color, head size, chest size, eye color....etc. as all of these are byb marketing tools), then you can go about finding out which line is better suited for your needs.

Then get to know different, but reputable, owners/breeders of that line and talk to them. Question them...pick their brains....while at the same time explaining yourself to them. Then, when the opportunity arises for you to get a pup from a desirable litter, then go for whichever one suits your fancy.

The inside of a dog is what truly counts. What's on the outside is just there for viewing pleasure.

Images
    Green eyes are really pretty but IMO to try and find this from a breeder would not be smart. If you are going to a breeder you should find one the breeds for health and tempermant. You best bet it to go to rescues and see if you can find a dog with green eyes. You really want to make sure you get a wonderful sound dog that you can train and have as a wonderful companion.
    Good Luck in your search.

P.S. I agree with everything Miakoda said.

No there are no green eyed bloodlines..... there are no green eyes APBTs....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude here, but bear with me.

I'm concerned you are going about trying to find an APBT all the wrong way. While it's ok to have preferences and decide to choose the chocolate colored puppy out of the litter with mostly bucksin puppies, finding a breeder who breeds solely for looks and color will end up with you finding a unreputable back yard breeder who is breeding dogs for nothing more than ego and money.

You should start out making a list of all the things you want out of the dogs. For instance, when I first got interested in these dogs, my main desire was for a canine athlete to complement me. I thought they were the ultimate "do it all" dog. That's what drew me in, and ultimately what has kept me here. Once you've decided what you want out of your dog and what qualities you are looking for (other than color, head size, chest size, eye color....etc. as all of these are byb marketing tools), then you can go about finding out which line is better suited for your needs.

Then get to know different, but reputable, owners/breeders of that line and talk to them. Question them...pick their brains....while at the same time explaining yourself to them. Then, when the opportunity arises for you to get a pup from a desirable litter, then go for whichever one suits your fancy.

The inside of a dog is what truly counts. What's on the outside is just there for viewing pleasure.

Miakoda. :)

I have been looking at breeders pages lately, I like looking at puppy pics:rolleyes:
    and came across this
    CAROLINA PITBULL TERRIERS - Home
    says they have green/gold eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Pupalup View Post
    I have been looking at breeders pages lately, I like looking at puppy pics:rolleyes:
    and came across this
    Yes, and they are breeding 2 dogs that are not even 2-years-old yet and they advertise head size. That right there tells me to "RUN! CLOSE THE PAGE AND EXIT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!"

Images
    You will find some with that golden/yellow/mint (maybe) tint...or the Bluenose dogs get a "slate" colored iris...

Like others alluded to earlier...color should be your last criteria when choosing/buying a bulldog breed. Thier demeanor should be first and foremost...then structure health wise...and down the line.

and came across this
    More Castillo dogs! I wish they would stop calling them OFRN dogs.

is this what you mean by green eyes?

Oh and i highly doubt there is someone that breeds only green eyed dogs. If so, when someone is breeding like that, they ignore the temperament and health complications that may arise. Thus, resulting in a good looking dog but $#@!ty temperament. But that being said. There is no such thing as a bloodline that will only produce green eyed dogs..

Quote Originally Posted by PNWPBR View Post
    Esp. Since I just read an article talking about how OFRN had red eyes, not green. lol.

ok thanks, temperment is very important as well as health. I figured if I found differ. breeders that had those traits I would then explore them more. Just like so many ppl want the blue pits, I just like the green eyes but it is by no means the only thing I care about. I want a lap dog above all.

and came across this

if those are true old family dogs ill kiss there $#@!

damn people will believe any chocolate or red colored dog is old family anyone who believes that needs to research there bloodlines a little bette

I had a true OFRN dog (Hemphill/Wilder/Sarona) and he did have gold eyes. With that said, he also looked like a lanky and gangly teenager, not some overdone body builder. He weighed more than all my other dogs only because he was built taller....not wider. ;)

17. Ofrn

Quote Originally Posted by PNWPBR View Post
    ??? Yes, they do descend from the OFRN lines. Mostly via the Hemphill bloodline. You are able to research bloodline just as well as I can. Telka Castillo started this bloodline back in the mid 70's. That would be a good place for you to start.

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
    Yes, and they are breeding 2 dogs that are not even 2-years-old yet and they advertise head size. That right there tells me to "RUN! CLOSE THE PAGE AND EXIT AS FAST AS YOU CAN!"

As for when to breed a dog, do you really think that the old "dog men" health tested and waited till the dog was 2 yrs old? I highly doubt it, especially since health testing wasn't even available back in those days. I health test my dogs but it's mainly just to waste money. With a line like the Castillo line health issues are few and far between so health testing isn't really necessary. When it comes to age I think as long as the female has had one healthy heat and has a mature body then she is fine to be bred. Everyone has their own opinion, but until someone shows me some hard proven scientific reason why this is not true it is what I, along with my vet believe.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Budboy88 View Post
    if those are true old family dogs ill kiss there $#@!

damn people will believe any chocolate or red colored dog is old family anyone who believes that needs to research there bloodlines a little bette

I would like to schedule a time for my $#@! kissing. I've done my research!
    I know what I have. If you need some help researching my line I would be more than happy to $#@!ist you.

18. i'm not sure bout green eyes, sounds to me like they would have problems with their sight! Hey I have an odd one, I have a black mouth pit, that has razor, gater, ridgeback and jeep.He has absolutely no chow, but his gums cheeks and tongue r black, can anyone explain to me this history, I don't know too much bout blood so maybe some one can enlighten me thank you

19. Chow Mix?

never seen a dog with black mouth that was not a chow.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Of all the traits that you can look for I think eye color should not be a consideration. Maybe consider green contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    i'm not sure bout green eyes, sounds to me like they would have problems with their sight! Hey I have an odd one, I have a black mouth pit, that has razor, gater, ridgeback and jeep.He has absolutely no chow, but his gums cheeks and tongue r black, can anyone explain to me this history, I don't know too much bout blood so maybe some one can enlighten me thank you
    razor, gater, ridgeback, and jeep sounds like a byb fed you a line of crap and you ate it up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast