I need to know if my puppy is a "pitbull"

OK...here it goes. I have never been fond of pitbull dogs. Truly, I'm scared of them. I have a 19 year old daughter and she brought a puppy home last week and has promised to take care of it so when she leaves home she'll have a companion. Of course who doesn't love puppies...so yes I am now fond of this cute little dog whom we call "Missy". However I need to know if this dog is infact a pitbull mix..and what type if so. I'm hoping someone can help me figure this out. I will upload a photo.
    I found this website online when searching keyword "pitbulls".

New here, I'm wondering if my dog is a pitbull mix...help :)

Hello
    I am new to this site. My daughter brought home a puppy last week and I'm wondering if it is a pitbull mix. Can someone please tell me what you think. Any ideas on what type of mix it is? It's my profile picture. Thank you for your help :)

3. Welcome to the forum:)

Images
    Hello, welcome to Pit Bull Chat! I think its fantastic that you are trying to become more interested in the breed. Dont let the hype fool you, these guys are wonderful companions. Please look around and read some of the threads, as you will notice, we ALL love our Pit Bulls here and couldnt imagine NOT having them in our lives. Hopefully Missy will win your heart over as my dogs have mine and you too will stand up and proudly shout.. I LOVE MY PIT BULL ;)

the term pitbull can be used to describe many dogs. Looking at the picture I would said it is possible that the little girl has APBT in her, but who knows! Why are you not fond of pits? Because what you have heard or have you had any experience with the breed yourself? I would say love this dog like it were a lab and you will realize that you have nothing to fear. Make sure your daughter walks her every single day and train her from the start. It is her job to make her a good dog, not the breed.

Images

Images

A lot of dogs are labeled "pit bulls" that have no APBT in them at all. However, if you stick around, and learn about this breed, I think you will learn that your daughter couldn't have a better companion. Granted, they are not "guard dogs" but they are great company, and their big goofy smiles and silly antics, are wonderful company. I have a 19 and 21 yr old, and I'd love for them to have such a wonderful friend when they move out..... well, actually, I just wish they'd move out! :p

Ok, I'm just kidding... well, may I'm just kidding a little..... :rolleyes:

Images
    Hi and welcome to the forum! Stick around and learn more about the APBT and other breeds that are sometimes labeled as such and it may put your mind at ease!

The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is start training and socializing the pup no matter what the breed to help make he/she a great pet. What is the pup's name? How old? male or female?

Check out the training section there is great info at the top in the sticky threads to help you.

Look around, post some picts and enjoy!

Welcome to the forum! Don't believe all the media says, pit bulls are very loving dogs. BTW, Missy is adorable!

11. Welcome.