Stuck out of Sheath(Not Normal)

I know this is talked about a lot, but this seems different to me..Ok so my 10 week old, Mack, was playin earlier, and all of a sudden somehow his whole penis, and im not sure if its just swollen at the bottom or if its his testicles too...but its the WHOLE thing and its stuck out, about 30-40 minutes now...I live in a smaller town, no 24 hr vets..no nothin..so in the morning he is going to the vet if its not normal...but i have no idea what is going on and im pretty scared...cause if it needs surgery or something i cannot afford all of that being 19 and moved out and all...but im gonna do whatever i can...my question is i know there is lots of talk about this but has anyone heard about the testicles being out too? and also the skin around the bas eof it is super tight..like i dont know i just have a problem explaining it...so any edvice/comments is appreciated..

sorry, I have no idea what that is about, or if it's a problem :confused: I hope he's ok! Let us know what the vet says.

Images
    I think he will be just fine. Sounds like hes excited. The testicles CAN NOT come out. Im not up on anatomy, BUT, there is a lump down at the bottom of the penis which helps it stay in the female after ejaculation. Its that lump which causes males and females to become "stuck" after mating.

I too am curious about what the vets says though, so keep us informed? :)

Images
    I think hes just got a good ol fashioned "boner", I believe is the medical term. The "testicles" that you are seeing, if they are at the very base of he penis and above the scrotum and are very hard and tight to the touch, then they are not testicles but what Alma pointed out. It is a bulb at the base of the penis that when aroused swells upto 5 times its normal size, ensuring, along with the females vaginal muscles, that the dogs remain "locked" long enough for the male to pump semen out of both testicles. You should still go to the vet, always do, if you dont feel righ about something going on with ur pooch though.

This happened to Sparky...a cold washcloth held over his penis helped...their penis can get a little dry and not slide back in...also my mom has a 14 year old yorkie and his muscle tone has gotten bad...so if he gets excited and his penis comes out it won't go back in on it's own so per the vet she has to apply visene drops and help it back in...it can be a medical emergency if it stays out too long

Paraphimosis, I believe is the medical term.
    You can pour sugar on it (for the true emergency), but they often have to surgically enlarge the opening.

Julie K

If this happens and the penis is exposed for that length of time, get to the vet ASAP! It is a very, very painful experience for the dog and if left untreated for too long, it can result in some serious consequences to the sheath and penis itself.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
    If this happens and the penis is exposed for that length of time, get to the vet ASAP! It is a very, very painful experience for the dog and if left untreated for too long, it can result in some serious consequences to the sheath and penis itself.
    Very True! Get the pup to a Vet!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Julie k View Post
    Paraphimosis, I believe is the medical term.
    You can pour sugar on it (for the true emergency), but they often have to surgically enlarge the opening.

Julie K
    Is that where the Def Leppard song came from?

This actually happened to me when I first got my puppy. I just very gently re-alligned the skin with the bulbous part of the penis so it could go back in and it work. I thought he must be in pain touching his bare penis to the carpet. Ouch.

Our vet told us that if it ever happens with one of my boys, to pour warm sugar water over it until it goes back in

Another good reason to get him neutered at the right time! This doesn't mean yet, but when your vet recommends it. This happened to our pup and it was very embarrassing to say the least! After neutering, this hasn't been an issue!

I think you can put lubricant on it to keep it from drying in the meantime, and try to pull the shealth back over the penis. But, puppies cost money, and if you can't afford a puppy, than maybe you should not have one?

Quote Originally Posted by TashaVR View Post
    Another good reason to get him neutered at the right time! This doesn't mean yet, but when your vet recommends it. This happened to our pup and it was very embarrassing to say the least! After neutering, this hasn't been an issue!
    Neutering has nothing to do with this scenario. Even a neutered dog can get an erection. ;)

Good point...no punn intended.

Yes. You are correct. All I can say is that it is not happening ALL THE TIME anymore like it was prior to neutering...

I am aware that any male dog can get an erection....it just hasn't been like the PP described anymore. That was scary!:D

16. Quote Originally Posted by bigheadboy View Post
    Our vet told us that if it ever happens with one of my boys, to pour warm sugar water over it until it goes back in
    thank you so much for your post! i have a minipin and his penis was stuck out for 12 hours overnight and after reading your post we tried the warm sugar water as weird as it sounds it worked!
    thank you again
    my chewy is so happy! ps he is neutered...