1. My dog has a rash...

Hello everyone. My 1 1/2 yr old pitt has a skin condition. It started around his legs, butt, and tail. Then it spread into his ear. He scratches his ear all the time, so it is very irritated there. Now today I see it has spread to the eye area. Now I have become worried. I have no money for the Vet. I am hoping someone here can give me some advice. the reash is red and scaly, and where it has been there for a while, he is starting to lose hair.
    Thanks to anyone who can help me!:)

Images
    Im afraid that you will have to take you dog to a Vet. Sounds like skin allergies and/or yeast issues.

There is no at home remedy to correct these sorts of problems. A vet may prescribe a medicated shampoo and some antibiotics.

Good Luck!

There is stuff you can do, but it will not be a quick fix. Feed makes a huge differnce in our dogs coat and skin conditions. the crapppy part is finding what works. this takes time. I feed my dogs kibble and Raw. My dog with the allergy problems eats only raw now and hasnt had bad flair ups since starting. If I can help you leme know.

Images
    The best is to go to the vet? A food change may help is it is a food allergy. If it is environmental it may not make much difference what food you feed IMO.

If you can't get to the vet call them to ask about getting a medicated shampoo and the proper dosage for benadryl.

I hope he is better soon.

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    There is stuff you can do, but it will not be a quick fix. Feed makes a huge differnce in our dogs coat and skin conditions. the crapppy part is finding what works. this takes time. I feed my dogs kibble and Raw. My dog with the allergy problems eats only raw now and hasnt had bad flair ups since starting. If I can help you leme know.
    Probably not the best advise, as the dog could have something that is contagious and in need of medical attention. If it's not treatable with the vets help, then look into food changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzi View Post
    Probably not the best advise, as the dog could have something that is contagious and in need of medical attention. If it's not treatable with the vets help, then look into food changes.
    I'm just wondering who gets good advise from the vet? Those are the same people trying to sell you Science Diet, and Eukanuba. Hmmmm.

True vets do try to sell you Science Diet and Eukanuba, but this may be something deeper than changing food will help. I think a trip to the vet. is probably best, but if you can't, at least call to see what advice they have.