Bump on my dog's butt

So, I took my dog to the vet last week to get her annual shots. I held her while the doc gave her 3 shots in her leg/butt area, and he said afterwards that area would be a little tender. Fast forward a week later, and she now has a big, noticeable bump about 3 inches above her tail base, right on the center of her butt. It doesn't seem to bother her or be sensitive, but it's noticeable and big.
    Is this a symptom from the shots she got? If it is, why did the bump not appear until about 4 days after her shots?
    I am waiting to hear back from the vet, but I was curious if anyone else has ever dealt with this and if it's normal or if I need to freak out...

I wouldn't freak out about it just yet, wait to hear from the vet and worry positively if you are able :P
    Personally I have never seen this but am interested in the findings... please keep us posted... cheers!

Thanks. He is supposed to call me tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. I just got her doggy medical insurance in case it's something bad. I hope it just goes away! Taking her to the vet is a chore in itself. I have to sedate her, but the sedatives do nothing except give her red eyes. She gets defensive right away and barks at the doctor. I had to literally use all my strength to keep her down while he gave her the shots. And I am a big guy.
    Ugggggghhh

4. that is common to get a bump at an injection site, in most cases you can just massage the tissue and the bump will go away in a few days. the vet will prolly tell u that.

Aw man, those words are music to my ears....I really hope so. I just don't understand why it would spring up 4 days later....?......another thing that I am curious about is how to get her to be less aggressive at the Humane Society....she is the most good-natured dog normally, but when she gets in there, her tail goes right between her legs and she is on the defensive....I've never seen her get so mean...it's kind of embarrassing because it looks like I haven't trained her, and I have. Anyone have any input? I think I'll start a new thread....thanks:)

If it just appeared after the injections,i wouldnt worry about it.It happens.Sometimes it may take a couple weeks to go away.

Yessssssssssssssssssss!!!! The vet said that is perfectly normal for a bump to spring up a few days later as a reaction to the shots. What a sigh of relief. He said he had to inject the shots into her butt instead of her leg because she was being so hostile inside the room, and he said if the bump doesn't go away in two weeks to bring her in...but I can tell it's already going down! I'm stoked!

Images
    If it doesn't go down in a few days, the vet should be willing to look at it, to put your mind at ease, without charging you. :) Keep us updated.