Question Nursing a 4 week old puppy

I have a 4 week old puppy, that the mom refused to nurse. I have been looking around to see how much she is supposed to be eating per hour. I haven't found anything but right now, she is eating 2 oz. every 6 hours. Should she be eating more or less? :confused:

Images
    I'm not an expert, but I'm thinking she needs feeding more often than every 6 hours... I would think every 2 hours try to offer her something. I've never raised a pup from that age, but I would think it's kinda like a baby human.... I'm sure some vet techs will chime in. Post some pictures when you get a chance! :)

Should be more frequent than that. Let me ask you, is the pup drinking from a saucer or a bowl? Once our pups hit about four weeks, we start giving the pups goats milk twice a day to start the weaning process (meaning the Dam get two, three hour breaks from the pups). Some don't know what to do right off, so we put that mouth right in there, and the rest is history. By the fifth week we grind up some kibble in the blender and mix it with the goats milk, twice a day. Now the Dam is getting two, four breaks from the pups. I hope this helps, and I would recommend that you weigh the pup daily, to track weight gain. clmr

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 04:33 PM
  2. 7 week old puppy got first set of shots last week....SICK NOW
    By kchase35 in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 11:01 AM
  3. Nursing puppy and mother care
    By davidfitness83 in forum Health & Nutritional Care
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM
  4. New ~20 week old puppy!
    By buggy in forum Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 12:11 PM
  5. 8 week old puppy,
    By NIghtmare-C in forum Training & Behavior
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 08:33 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

4 week old pitbull care

caring for a 4 week old puppy

how to take care of a 4 week old pitbull puppy

how to take care of a four week old puppy

how to care for a 4 week old puppy

how to raise a 4 week old pitbull

4 week old pitbull puppy care4 week old pitbull puppieshow to care for a 4 week old pitbull puppycaring for a 4 week old pitbullnursing a 4 week old puppy4 week pitbull puppy4 week old puppy carehow to take care of a 4 week old puppyhow to raise a 4 week old puppy4 week old pitbull puppyhow to take care of four week old puppyHow to care for a 4 week old pitbullhow to care for a four week old puppyhow to raise a 4 week pitbullhow to take care of a 3 week old pitbullpitbull puppy care 4 weekshow to.take.care.of a 4week puppy4 week puppy carehow to care for 4 week old pitbullhow often should 4 week old puppies nursehow to care for a 3 week old pitbull puppyhow to care for 4 week old puppyhow do you nurse a 4 week old pitbull4 week old puppy4 week old pit bull puppy careCaring for a Four Week Old Puppy4 weeks old puppy careweight for a 4 week pitfour week old pitbull