Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    From what I've seen, American Bullies are basically apbt's mixed either with mastiffs (neopolitan, cane corso, presa canario), american bulldogs, or english bulldogs. The initial mix is probably bred back into the apbt line. Probably show type apbt's or amstaffs are used.

I recently went to a fun show. And, with the exception of my dog and another good ol' old time dog, the rest were american bullies, blues, amstaffs, staffies, american bulldogs and such. (It was way cool when folks either looked at my dog going eeeww what is this mutt or where asking me how many months my 2 year old dog was)

Even though I really dont care much about american bullies all of the one's at the show appeared to be low drive dogs with good temperaments. They all were bred to some grotesque proportions, however. But I am pretty sure they could pull way more weight than my 38lb bitch (she should be about 35lbs but my wife would kill me then). Most also didnt appear to be all that DA.

But I kept my mouth shut about the dogs at the show for most of the time, except on one occassion when one of the breeders who was peddling his dogs started talking how his 100lb whatchmacolit was an old family red nose dog because it was red with with a red nose. My little corvino/creed/hemphill cross looked up at me with her little amber eyes and I had no choice to step in and set the record straight. I did get one heck of a stink eye from the breeder though.

2. American Bully is its own breed now. What breed they are off of? A mixed of an APBT and an Amstaff for sure. Looks like maybe some mastiff was added and English bulldog blood was thrown in the mix as well. The bloodlines that seem to show the most American Bully traits are Razor's Edge and Gotti and Gaff(though that was originally more of an Amstaff bloodline). Though, I have seen at least two great conformation RE, but the rest have been American Bullies.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Vanella View Post
    RE's are still being registered under APBT's....He already got the new registry for the "American Bullies" which he and many of the breeders in the Elite Edge have been breeding for for awhile now....I don't want to make any inflammatory statements, I'll just say that I for one am GLAD that they got a whole new registry for "American Bullies" ....they are in no way, shape or form APBT's......they come with MANY health issues including but not limited to upper respitory, bad bone structure causing some serious defects, on and on.....Yeah, they aren't dog aggressive....they don't have the stamina to run across the yard and tangle with anything stronger than a piece of string.

So it was my understanding that he will still breed the gamier APBT and as a SEPARATE breed, breed the American Bullies....It shouldn't effect anyones registry at all.....
    They come w/ many health issues - here we are again generalizing all Am bully breed. There are overdone Am bullies in which IMO where health problems are more common. However, CLEAN Am bullies are as healthy and as athletic as most of your APBTs.

Teah, they aren't dog aggressive - most are not but just as in any other breeds, there are extremes.

They don't have stamina - again, not all. It's like me saying all APBT are dog aggressive.

4. Quote Originally Posted by screamin'eagle View Post
    I am not offended, and I mostly agree. I will say that the American Bully was created for a purpose...just not with performance as a purpose. Most bullies that I have seen have been even temperment, and not more himan aggressive than the avg APBT. The purpose that the Bully was made for was as a leash ornament, and later for the all mighty dollar. Once someone realized that they could sell pups for $2500 plus...this became the real issue. It is wise for us, and their owners to make a breed distinction, and go foward from there. I attribute them more as a designer breed than new purebreed, but thats a matter of opinion.
    I cannot agree more. Very civil way of making a point too....much respect to you.

5. The original razor edge dogs were only crossed with am.staff.the new breeders crossed bulldog in them to get them shorter with no muzzle,also throwing the kinked tail that with tons of inbreeding....the xxxl bullies alot of them most i seen so far are crossed with neos,some of them still have the wrinkles on there legs and back.got to know your breeeder i got a 100% razors girl more of the old school stuff just as much shoulder,chest short,compact and correct she's actually more gamier.:)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    im glad this is happening finally, now maybe the "thug" type guys at the convenience store wont look at me funny when they ask what kind of dog cheeks is and i reply APBT!

it was getting to the point where the younger generation of americans thought these short bassett hound looking shi%^ were the real deal.

as a different breed i think most of these american bullies look nice , and its possible that one day i could even own one (as a lap dog for my wife). But your right those pics above are disasterous. And passing one off as a true APBT has always been offensive in the back of my head....but i kept my mouth shut.
    Those damn thugs again! Always messing things up. Just like those insurgents.

7. Quote Originally Posted by tat2stuff View Post
    I think that has a lot to do with Rap/Hip Hop. The bully seems to be the dog of choice among the artists, and are featured in their music, videos, album artwork etc. Just my opinion
    Damn that Hip Hop! If only all pit bull owners listened to country music, we wouldn't be having al these problems with the breed.

Images
    Alot of bullies do have gaff in them somewhere but most dogs bred from the gaff's bloodline are still american staffordshire terriers registered with the AKC. they still show their dogs in the AKC ring. they do have some more bully looking dogs but they do not look as atrocious as alot of the American Bullies. Hell, even Razors Edge used to produce good looking Am Staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    American Bully is its own breed now. What breed they are off of? A mixed of an APBT and an Amstaff for sure. Looks like maybe some mastiff was added and English bulldog blood was thrown in the mix as well. The bloodlines that seem to show the most American Bully traits are Razor's Edge and Gotti and Gaff(though that was originally more of an Amstaff bloodline). Though, I have seen at least two great conformation RE, but the rest have been American Bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tone Capone View Post
    Damn that Hip Hop! If only all pit bull owners listened to country music, we wouldn't be having al these problems with the breed.
    Sorry I don't really have a horse in this race, but that cracked me up!!

heres my opinion...

when razors edge first started they produced some good looking dogs but now 99 percent of the razors edge dogs look like $#@! but there are still a few breeders around here that breed true razors edge dogs and i might get one some day but i hate those razors edge dogs they are putting out now that have basset hound legs olde english bulldog bodies and mastiff heads they are just not good looking dogs in my opinion

11. like this one ?

Images
    This looks like an American Staffordshire Terrier to me. Not a bully. some might disagree but I think its a pretty good looking am staff.

Quote Originally Posted by vdubbinya View Post
    like this one ?

13. What F breed?

No breed at all just hype and made up names to cover lots of hanged papers.

No other new breed in history has been made up by dogs that look a certain way. Most modern breeds are made by breeding two purebred dogs and working out a bloodline "new breed" for a certain look and trait. Usually taken years of hard work and finally bieng accepted 40-50 years after they had begun.

These people should come out and tell us what they used , be truthfull and declare what registered american bulldog to what amstaff was used to create the look they were looking for.

Honestly no two ambullies are created equal any fat short dog suffering from dwarfisim is considered an ambully this qualification is ludicrous. Or any over-weight 96' 25' head dog is considered an ambully. WTH?...lol

The people behind this had little or no expierience showing, judging, breeding when they made these names up: ambully and the registry abkc to cover all their hanged papers.

AMBULLIES IS NOT A NEW BREED IT'S A LIFESTYLE IT'S A LOOK A GENRE IF YOU MAY. IT BASED ON HYPE AND IGNORANCE. I'LL BE HAPPY WHEN THEY FINALLY MOVE ON AND DO THIER OWN STUFF WITHOUT HAVING TO CALL THIER MUTTS "PITS"...

Hazard Joe~
    Last edited by HazardJoe; 05-28-2009 at 09:29 AM.

i dont really want to start $#@! but for the people who say that AmBullies were created solely from combining APBTs and AmStaffs have no idea what they are talking about

+

=

Please explain this to me?

Images
    There are some much larger APBT than that Budboy like this http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...ree&dog_id=979, I can show you Big $#@! APBT like this from back in the day all day long but i still think they used some other breeds depending on the bully. Some of them just have a distinctive look that resembles the Am Bulldog, Eng Bulldog, Cane Corso, Etc.

16. point being....this will be debated until the end of time. The point u guys don't seem to see is the BYBers are responsible for the OVERDONE bullies. The thing i hate about forums/general public is you all (MOST) lump bullies into one big hump of fatness. that's not so. ORIGINAL r.e. dogs were gorgeous. BYBERS got their hands on these dogs that already had a bigger build....and mutted them out. That's not to say that EVERY AMBULLY is overdone. There ARE good examples of this breed....you just have to look for them just as you would have to look for your perfect apbt for YOU.

Images
    couldnt have said it better. thanks vdubb.

Images
    The point u guys don't seem to see is the BYBers are responsible for the OVERDONE bullies. The thing i hate about forums/general public is you all (MOST) lump bullies into one big hump of fatness.
    Im going to disagree with you here. There are plenty of dogs that come straight from Razors Edge that I consider to be over done. There are also some dogs I wouldnt mind owning. I guess it comes down to what you consider "Overdone"

Here are examples taken from their website.

This isnt overdone? Please.

Now here are original Razors Edge dogs that look great.

Heres an example of one of their good looking Bullies IMO

19. Your beating a dead horse dude..LOL

Your right though bybers which is about 99% of people that "breed" bullies are responsible for the Overdone bullies the other 1% is responsible for breeding ampitts.

OG r.e. whatever this means are extinct period.

Good examples of what breed ? the ambully breed please ambullies not a breed just plain ole hyped up mutts Hey there's also good Nazi's but the IDEOLOGY IS INCORRECT.

point being....this will be debated until the end of time. The point u guys don't seem to see is the BYBers are responsible for the OVERDONE bullies. The thing i hate about forums/general public is you all (MOST) lump bullies into one big hump of fatness. that's not so. ORIGINAL r.e. dogs were gorgeous. BYBERS got their hands on these dogs that already had a bigger build....and mutted them out. That's not to say that EVERY AMBULLY is overdone. There ARE good examples of this breed....you just have to look for them just as you would have to look for your perfect apbt for YOU.

20. Bodega needs to hit up a bodega for a new eyeball that one she's got looks lazy...LOL

Im just kidding~

All four of those dogs $*** period.
    GR.CH. Knuckles ok another old "grand championed" ukc registered amstaff . big deal he's an AMSTAFF RUFFIAN LINES.

btw ~ not bred by r.e.

Quote Originally Posted by mandreweav View Post
    Im going to disagree with you here. There are plenty of dogs that come straight from Razors Edge that I consider to be over done. There are also some dogs I wouldnt mind owning. I guess it comes down to what you consider "Overdone"

Here are examples taken from their website.

This isnt overdone? Please.

Now here are original Razors Edge dogs that look great.

Heres an example of one of their good looking Bullies IMO

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast