Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Will this nose turn blue? And question about white blaze.....

We are debating between 2 puppies, pictured below. I was told by a few people that the white on the puppy on the left's forehead that the blaze will more than likely fade away and he will have an all blue face. I like the one on the right better, and he is more rambunctious so far :)....I was wondering since they are only 4 weeks right now, when I go pick my pup between the two at 10 weeks, will the one on the right's nose turn blue or will it stay like that? Its different and I like it, but I was just wondering :D....Here is the pic:

so cute! I like the one on the right better too. They are both adorable though.

Most likely the pigment will come in.

Yeah it will turn. I like less white so the one on the left would be for me and it looks sad :(

Images
    I like less white also....But the one on the right looks so much like his daddy, I just wanted to get him and name him Duke Jr :).....Big Duke doesnt have white on his face like that but he resembles him alot....Here is his daddy and mommy :) And some more pics. If I could handle it, I would take ALL of the puppies :D

My 18 month old daughter with daddy Duke :)

2 of the females, LOVE the blue brindle

Possibly my future pup in the middle, I love this pic :)

And I guess this is called blue fawn? Never seen it but its quite beautiful!

Here is mommy :D

Images
    I agree, the one on the right is absolutely adorable! My mom had a dog once where the blaze looked like the pup on the left's but as it got older the blaze actually widened.

Ummm......white hair doesn't "fade away". I'm not sure why people are telling you that. Sure, markings can change a little bit in terms of size, but they don't just magically appear and/or disappear. If that matures and has an all blue face, then there's a chance I will mature and look like Nicole Kidman. ;)

As for the nose, most likely it will gain some pigmentation as the dog ages. As for it being a completely solid blue, only time will tell.

Noses generally will get color over time. My Am. Bulldog/APBT cross his nose was spotted like that and as he got older it turned solid black.

As far as the markings changing...not likely.

The only breeds I know of who's color changes are A. Dalmatians and B. Australian Cattle Dogs (AKA blue/red heelers).

With Dalmatians they gain spots. And with Heelers they gain color over time or there color fades (Mottled) and blends.

I am sure there are other breeds. But "Pit Bulls" (Regarding all of the types) generally don't have white markings come and go or fade etc

Nose pigment usually fills in some, white marking no. Daddy has some fairly poor stucture from the pics and the floor looks disgusting, not sanitary at all. Did you ever get further info on whether or not these dogs were health tested? $1000 price tag is outrageous if the dogs were neither tested or titled in anything and I would steer clear if that is the case, all puppies are cute, don't get sucked in by that.

Images
    He took the floor up in that room. For the dogs. And as far as the health testing, no he did not have the hips done yet, but is going to. I trust him, and no I am not gullible lol. I have not found one single breeder online or offline where everything is sanitary and nice looking and one that has done health testing too, that have blue puppies. I have been looking for about 6 months now. And plus I have already paid the deposit. If something happens down the road. He will be responsible, its in his contract :)

Not to burst your bubble but any testing that is done is to be done BEFORE a breeding not after. what is going to happen if the dog has bad hips- what are you going to do?
    Are you looking for a pet dog or show dog?
    Just curious because for a pet dog that is EXPENSIVE..
    but good luck....
    Last edited by apbtproud; 03-20-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Images
    It is going to be our pet, I would say that I will be doing showing, I would LIKE to, but I need to find the time first. I babysit in the afternoon/evening, so it will be hard, BUT I would like to do it sometime :)

And I know the testing is done before. He is going to do it in the future though. He guarantees in his agreement if there are any problems that he will be responsible. Not sure how all of that would go down. But I am going to buy the dog with my husband, so if that happens, we will be gladly responsible. Our dogs are our life :)

One advice no matter how much you trust someone MAKE SURE you read carefully the contract. ;)
    Also don't worry to much about the color- worry about more about the personality of the pup and his temperment.
    color is the last thing to look for in a pup. ;-)

Images
    Yea I mean I love the blue, no doubting that, but my hubby HAS to have a blue one, for whatever reason lol.....

So basically you're paying a grand because of the color of the puppy? Wow. We get litters of blue puppies in rescue regularly and hadn't thought to charge $1000 for them :cool:

16. My hubby is the same way, he loves blue dogs. Me I don't care so much. It's good that you have a contract that says stuff about the health guarantees, that is what our breeder had for us. Just make sure you really read it and get lots of clarification if you are unsure about anything in the contract. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. Hope it works out well for you. I like the pup with the already dark nose, but that is just my opinion.

Images
    No, let me clarify that, he wants a blue pup, and wants to show in the future but I am not sure if we can find the time or not. I wanted a dog with a good pedigree and papers.

Images
    And thanks Michelle. I have a copy so I will read it thoroughly :)

Mmmmm.... Cute pups. Take a good look at them right when they are 8 weeks. Thats the best time (IMO) before maturity to check out their structure. Choose on that if you want to show, not the color. Stack 'em up and everything. Show some pics at 8 weeks!! Don't be stingy ;) I don't mind looking through dozens of puppy pics lmao :D

Images
    I will take dozens just for you ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast