Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Pit Bull pups with docked Tails?

I was looking and someone was selling APBT's with cropped ear and docked tails. What's with docked tail? What's that all about, I have never seen a APBT with a docked tail, unless it was a fighter.

George Guest
    Doesn't make sense to me either. The APBT doesn't have docked tails in any of the standards at any of the registry's. Sounds like a BYB trying to make a extra buck in which he probably did this him self.

Poor pups

Images
    I suggest you find another place to get a pup. Try a shelter, or a rescue.

Images
    I was just looking around, I already have my pup he's 10 weeks old and perfect. HEHE. I was just bored looking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Csimone View Post
    I was looking and someone was selling APBT's with cropped ear and docked tails. What's with docked tail? What's that all about, I have never seen a APBT with a docked tail, unless it was a fighter.
    Oh so now fighting dogs have docked tails?
    Please - the only dogs I have heard being docked is an incurable case of happy tail or the tail is injured beyond repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtwo View Post
    Please - the only dogs I have heard being docked is an incurable case of happy tail or the tail is injured beyond repair.
    Don't listen to Dtwo. A docked tail, cropped ears, and a 2" wide collar are sure signs of a fighter.

(I kid.)

Images
    Chill, Im just stating that the only time I have ever seen docked tails on these dogs has been a fighter. Every pup from the litter had a docked tail, just doesn't make sense.

Images
    I was just looking around, I already have my pup he's 10 weeks old and perfect. HEHE. I was just bored looking around.
    Ohhh, my bad. :) That must be who that adorable pup is on your avatar. DUH!:o

I've met a few pits with docked tails, but they are few and far between. Somedays I get the urge to dock all mine just so they stop hitting me in the knee cap with them. lol

Chill, Im just stating that the only time I have ever seen docked tails on these dogs has been a fighter. Every pup from the litter had a docked tail, just doesn't make sense.
    I know of someone who just had a little of pups and quite a few of the pups had short crooked tails so he was debating whether he should dock or not. Maybe that's what happened with this litter.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I've met a few pits with docked tails, but they are few and far between. Somedays I get the urge to dock all mine just so they stop hitting me in the knee cap with them. lol
    HAHA maybe thats why they do it. Wont have to worry about getting hit in the face with it, or it knocking things of the table. LOL I'm still talking about TAILS here.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamutt99 View Post
    Don't listen to Dtwo. A docked tail, cropped ears, and a 2" wide collar are sure signs of a fighter.

(I kid.)
    / me smacks Baha

So, how did you know he was a "fighter"?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
    I know of someone who just had a little of pups and quite a few of the pups had short crooked tails so he was debating whether he should dock or not. Maybe that's what happened with this litter.
    Pit bull pups? Man that is so wrong! Genetic fault - just chop it off, nobody will know.

Pit bull pups? Man that is so wrong! Genetic fault - just chop it off, nobody will know.
    Sigh..... I know... ya... pit bull pups. :rolleyes:

byb breeder for sure. everybody knows you don't take the tail off a apbt. it helps them to balance, and smack you when they are happy!!!

Images
    / me smacks Baha

So, how did you know he was a "fighter"?

Seen videos, it's not a specific Pit bull, I've just seen some like that. Other then that i've never seen one with a docked tail. Don't get all defensive here. That's why i said "Unless it was for fighting" So just relax. Im not labeling here.

I think i actually said "Unless it was a fighter but meant was for fighting.
    Last edited by Csimone; 02-21-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Medical reasons are the only reason why people who are not dumb would crop the tail, other then that if im correct pit bulls needed there tails not so much now but needed there tails for balance when they were fighting them back in the days. Its even a fault if you decide to show the pit bull with a docked tail. Apbt's are supposed to have tails. Boxers arent though i heard and seen alot of boxers without tails..

I thought people who fight their dogs would keep their tail for balance and what not.. I'v seen dog fighting video documentaries and they all had their tails..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelet View Post
    Medical reasons are the only reason why people who are not dumb would crop the tail, other then that if im correct pit bulls needed there tails not so much now but needed there tails for balance when they were fighting them back in the days. Its even a fault if you decide to show the pit bull with a docked tail. Apbt's are supposed to have tails. Boxers arent though i heard and seen alot of boxers without tails..

I thought people who fight their dogs would keep their tail for balance and what not.. I'v seen dog fighting video documentaries and they all had their tails..
    I've seen a bunch videos without tails and with for fighting. i though it was just one less thing the other dog could grab.

I've seen a bunch videos without tails and with for fighting. i though it was just one less thing the other dog could grab.
    Probably the videos you saw were just of novice dog fighters ... Im just guessing.. Because the historic fighting dogs had their tails.. Jeep ..... turtle buster..... Chinamon. A couple of others.. as well

All of these dog fighting documentaries , these dogs have their tails with them. And their are like 30 + dog fight parts in these videos. And i'v read articles on people getting caught for dog fighting and it had pics of their dogs and those dogs all had their tails.

And historically speaking , those fighting apbt dogs had tails to.. The grand champs or what ever they are called..
    So pretty much, if you saw any video of dogs fighting without tails, i'd say they are just novice $#@!s of dog fighting...
    I

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q46d_xw_vOY&feature=related"]YouTube - Dog Fighting Documentary First Part[/ame]

[ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2125514336431717180"]Pit Bull Documentary[/ame]

And just google dog fighting under google images and those dogs have tails as well.....

So pretty much, im not positive, but i think any dog fighter who docks the tail is an beginner or amateur and not a dog fighter of knowledge.. Tails help the dog balance. And the odds of a dog biting the other dogs tail imo are pretty slim from the dog biting another body part..
    Last edited by Jelet; 02-21-2009 at 09:10 PM.

Images
    Just curious. Does anyone else here have an APBT with a docked tail? My Dukes tail is docked due to an accident with a car door before he came to live with me. He seems to have adjusted to the balance part. Being a brindle people sometimes think he is a boxer mix. The three terrorists do a good job of clearing coffee tables.:D and whacking my knees.

Images
    :confused:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast