Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. what's the best food to feed your pit bull

what are some of foods brands you folks feed your dogs?

depends on the dog.. the really good foods are innova, innova EVO, canidae, timberwolf organics, merrick, california natural, raw, to name a few

3. I feed Innova

Merrick Wilderness Blend kibble mixed with Merrick canned, no chicken or beef.

Images
    I've used Canidae All Stages for a long time with great results. As a bonus, I have older dogs and pups and can feed the same food to all.

I feed Nature's Variety Salmon and Brown Rice. Also once or twice a week I feed Merrick's canned food mixed with the kibble.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Merrick Wilderness Blend kibble mixed with Merrick canned, no chicken or beef.
    What she said. ;)

i feed all 3 dogs raw.

I am currently feeding California Natural. But I ushally just feed Nutro Max.

Canidae here, for my pups and adults. It was being fed to all the dogs in the household, but my dad's dogs are finicky, and he switched them back to Beneful to appease. (Yuck.)

I switched to Innova for my dog and puppy and there doing great on it my female witch is the older out of the two was really picky so i have tried out a lot of foods and now this one is by far the best i have tried and she loves it and so does the puppy.Thanks again michele !!!!!!!!

12. anytime Lassic:)

I feed Premium Edge lamb, rice and veggies. I am thinking of switching next time to Premium Edge's sensitive skin brand, my baby has demodedic mange. So I try to feed her the best that I can afford. Even though it means shelling out a few extra dollars. But the best thing is a 20 lb bag lasts for a few weeks!

Images
    I'm currently feeding Canidae. I also feed pre-made raw. Physically my dogs don't look as good on Canidae but they'll eat whatever I put in front of them. I have fed them Timberwolf and Merrick. My favorite food is Innova EVO. They look great on it. The raw does them good also.

Miss maddie gets Nature's Logic, for now. My other two get RAW or when hubby feeds them it is Canidae.

Images
    I feed EVO dry/canned for breakfast and raw for dinner.

I have started Shelly on Breeder's Choice - Active Care, Chicken & Brown Rice. I know she was on Canidae Chicken & Rice at the rescue. Seems to like it...but then she inhales her food! I don't think she tastes it! Trying to figure out how to slow her down just a bit! It was recommended to me by a gal I know who used to do rescue. She knows I have my older female and it has the glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate, which I would think is good for both of them. I haven't seen this one mentioned? Hard to pick up food close...Pet Smart is 86 miles from home.

Melo, any dog food that has msm and glucosomine in it does NOT have enough, you really need a separate supplement for joint issues..

to see which one is better compare ingredients..

some dogs gulp their food no matter what they eat, you can always get special food bowls or put a HUGE rock in it so that she has to eat around it.

Breeders Choice Active care chicken and rice ingredients:
    Ingredients
    Brown Rice, Chicken Meal, Chicken Cartilage (Source of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate), Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Ascorbic Acid), Flax Seed (Source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids), Dried Egg Product, Diacalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Grapeseed Oil, Potassium Chloride, Monosodium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, DL-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate (Source of Vitamin E), Sodium Selenite, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Copper Sulfate, Amino Acid Chelates of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Niacin, Ascorbic Acid (Source of Vitamin C), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, D-Biotin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement.

Canidae all life stages ingredients:
    Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Herring Meal, Flax Seed, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Inulin (from Chicory root), Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

now, the breeders choice the FIRST ingredient is RICE... then chicken.

the first ingredients in Canidae are chicken then turkey THEN rice....

the first ingredient in any dog food is the bulk of the ingredient, so if the breeders choice is stating rice first, then that is the majority of what your dog is eating...

you can also look here for help in selecting food that works the best for your dog and that has proper ingredients.
    http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index....badingredients

Canidae Chicken and Rice dry:

Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Flax Seed, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Dried Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Maryellen..Thank you so much! I didn't know that. You can bet I will be checking labels on food more. Plus the info on supplements. Should have known :)!
    The rock is a perfect idea too. The gal that had her says she has been like this since she had her. We don't know if maybe she wasn't fed well at some time or not. If she sees a dogfood bag, her head is in it. She was extremely interested in my cat food outside too, but she isn't allowed to have this...Was worried she wasn't getting enough. The Breeder's Choice I have for now says to feed 1 1/4 to 3 1/4 cups. The gal that had her was feeding her 1 cup of Canidae twice daily. It just didn't seem like enough to me, but I do know that the better foods don't need as much fed. I will have to check out what my friend has besides this Breeder's Choice...want both my dogs on healthy food!
    Thanks again!
    Melo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast