Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Ear Cropping Styles?

I have been searching around trying to find pictures and information about the different styles/types of APBT ear cropping. I was wondering if some of y'all could help me out by posting a picture with the style or cut that is done. I am kinda 50/50 right now about getting Tanners ears done, but my boyfriend has the final say and he is saying we are, so I figure I might as well just grin and bare it, and do all the research possible prior to the cosmetic surgery. Thank you in advance... oh and below is a few pictures of Tanner, so if you have any opinions on what style would be best for him please let me know.

oh he is so sweet!!!!

I just did a standard crop. ( I don't mean I did it, My vet did it) look at pictures of dogs and just take the picture with you.. It will help the vet

I'm all about natural ears really, but my advice would be to go to local vets, ask them for pictures of the ear cropping they have done. That will help you get an idea of what you want, as well as the type of job (good or bad) that the vet does.

Personally I love his ears the way they are, and keep in mine that they will continue to change as he grows up, what you see now may not be what they will finally end up looking like.

Images
    In the first pic you posted it looks like he is PRAYING with his ears to KEEP his ears. I would not be able to do it.

Waiting to hear some GOOD NEWS!!

Last edited by DieselDawg; 02-09-2009 at 12:29 PM.

Images
    Yea I dont want to, I thought I did... but he is to cute. But my bf is making the decision Zoe has natural ears, and he wants Tanner to have his cropped... The vet we have chosen was recomended by http://www.redpits.us/ , and that vet also used to be Zoes vet... so at least I know they are clean and friendly

Quote Originally Posted by TannerZoe View Post
    Yea I dont want to, I thought I did... but he is to cute. But my bf is making the decision Zoe has natural ears, and he wants Tanner to have his cropped... The vet we have chosen was recomended by http://www.redpits.us/ , and that vet also used to be Zoes vet... so at least I know they are clean and friendly
    Did you see any examples of the crops that that vet has done?? I would insist on getting some before having that done. The worst thing would be for his ears to get done, and it be a bad crop job.

again I have to agree with DD I would not be able to crop those ears, they are to cute!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firedrake13 View Post
    Did you see any examples of the crops that that vet has done?? I would insist on getting some before having that done. The worst thing would be for his ears to get done, and it be a bad crop job.

again I have to agree with DD I would not be able to crop those ears, they are to cute!
    I have to wait till he is 30#s before the vet will do the surgery and he is only weighing in at about 20#s right now so probably next weekend I will take him in and have the ear consult done and really talk it over with the vet.

Images
    I'm with Firedrake, I love natural ears, they give the pup character. I couldn't do it, he does look like his ears are praying they won't be removed. :p

If you are insistant on doing it, make sure you see pictures of the vets work before you agree to let him do the surgery.

Images
    They usually crop based on age...not by the weight...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDawg View Post
    They usually crop based on age...not by the weight...
    yea thats what I thought too.. but this vet says he has to be a minimum of 30lbs... the vet tech said that he does it that way because he figures by 30#s his ears will be developed enough, I duno. I have seen his work though thats the main reason why I chose this vet, that and I have actually been there before with Zoe. But the weight thing does seem a lil different... the original vet we were going to use wanted the pup to be at least 10-12wks... but he no longer does it... so

Most vets go by age, since the longer you wait the chances of them standing correctly go down. I've known some that go be weight due to the anesthesia...I personally, wouldn't have them done after 16 weeks. I hate ears that do not stand right and couldn't take the chance.

12. When I adopted my pup her ears were already done. After reading this, I dont know if I could have gotten her ears cropped. But, I do like the look of her ears.

2 of my dogs have the "show crop"

Champ

Asia

Images
    she is beautiful. Thanks for the images.

Images
    PLEASE make sureto see the vets work....I know a person who has an AWSOME dog and he was sooooo pretty then a vet chopped his ears off and it "ruined" the dog...I do like cropped ears, but neither of mine our done. I mean the dog is still stunning it just is a lil less now

Images
    I will for sure. I duno he still has 10 lbs to go so maybe I can talk my bf out of it...

17. I like the battle crop...

Images
    I printed out that picture with the 4 styles. My bf liked the show crop, I liked the short crop so we will see.

Images
    I am one for natural ears and omg how could you crop those cute things. He is a doll but I personally think the short crop would be best for him. :D

Images
    yea thats what I was thinking too, I just wish he would hurry up and hit 30lbs so I can get it over with... its always on the back of my mind... i know im going to cry, heck I cried when we got Zoe fixed..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast