Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

African Pit bull

Lol I just came across this on the internet HAHA. Freaking people walking Hyena's in africa that they call african pit bulls. Don't need the media to be anymore confuse to what a Pit bull is.:)

Great! And when they attack they will say it is another "pit bull" attack.....

People are strange!

Images
    Most of them are "circus acts"...and Hyenas are more closely related to cats than dogs...lol

They are of the Meerkat/Mongoose family of animals
    Last edited by DieselDawg; 02-08-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Images
    That thing has a friggin anchor chain on it. LOL, People are nuts.
    Last edited by Csimone; 02-08-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Images
    If you do a search for Hyena there are a couple of threads to read

Here is one on bite force

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...ighlight=hyena

its a wild animal and does not need to be someone pet or even in the circus poor hyena

Images
    They are street performers...people will try anything for money...and others will pay.

Images
    my husband has been to sierra leone africa and said that there really is people there that walk around with hyenas and cheetahs as status symbols there. from what my husband said its sort of how here we have nice cars to show status they use these animals.

Images
    you talk about an animal being unpredictable damn, I wouldn't trust that thing anymore then my ex girlfriend. Scary stuff

10. Quote Originally Posted by Csimone View Post
    you talk about an animal being unpredictable damn, I wouldn't trust that thing anymore then my ex girlfriend. Scary stuff
    Bahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Csimone View Post
    Lol I just came across this on the internet HAHA. Freaking people walking Hyena's in africa that they call african pit bulls. Don't need the media to be anymore confuse to what a Pit bull is.:)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chadkgmail1 View Post
    HAHA I saw that one also. It crazy.

You would have to be crazy to keep one of those things as a pet.

14. It's nice to know that stupidity is not limited to the borders of the united states.

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    It's nice to know that stupidity is not limited to the borders of the united states.

HA HA HA, just feels like it most days!

Images
    Ok peeps are crazy, and now when someone gets killed by one of those things by the time it reaches US press all it will say is POOR KIDS IN 3RD WORLD CONTRY KILLED BY HORRIBLE PIT BULL ATTACK....lol but you I bet you wouldnt have to worried about getting robbed if you had one of those things lol

As someone who LOVES the hell out of hyenas, I am still trying to figure out how to feel about those people. They treat the animals well enough, but how well CAN a wild animal be treated in captivity? Granted, they raised their hyenas from tiny pups... so all they've known is where they are now... and it's not the first generation of hyenas to be kept.

Maybe they are heading towards a domesticated side of hyenas? OOoh, I'd have one! lol

18. I never knew they were so frigging big, I always thought they looked really scary but now I see one beside a man that is just flipping crazy big.....

Images
    Wow, and i thought i had seen strange here in the states. I dunno though.... I love hyenas but i'm just not sure i'd want to keep one as a pet. I had a crow when i was a kid and he was very loving and friendly but there was always a part of him that was still wild, at least when he went native and bit scratched or pecked i didn't loose an arm. On the whole i seriously think keeping any wild critter as a pet isn't a great idea, especially one so large and potentially dangerous in the wrong hands. I'll keep my bullies, cats, and reptiles, you can have the hyena. :)

20. Who's that guy on Animal Planet or NGEO that rescues and raises hyenas? Can't remember his name, has the same name as a pop star, handsome devil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast