1. 3 month old pitbull terrier

hey im having a problem with my dog his scared of other dogs is this normal by scared i mean by a little taco bell dog im trying to let him hear some dog barkkks but all he does is run under the bed i need some advice and some help tx

Images
    Are you actually attempting to allow him to interact with other dogs, or does he just get frightened when he hears the sound of other dogs barking?

3. yea i socialize him but ones he they start barking he runs even when a dog on tv barks

Images
    Thanks for clarifying that.

Have you checked the sticky in this forum (Developmental Stages)?

Pups go through fear phases as they grow; this may be one of them.

Just as an aside: dogs do not need canine 'buddies' , if playing with other dogs is too stressful for your pup, you might want to stop doing it.

Images
    Good post Madeleinemom. :)

6. i read it but make it a positive should i pet him treat or what

Images
    Don't coddle him. Redirect him, and ignore his whining.

8. i appreiciate you girls help. One more question so should i keep putting him in this situation until he is not afraid

George Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by youknow View Post
    i appreiciate you girls help. One more question so should i keep putting him in this situation until he is not afraid
    I wouldn't force him if he is scared but I would keep trying.
    Fear can become aggression. Best to work at it while he is a puppy then when he is full grown.

10. yea true tx for ur helps uddate you guys in any progress on him

Images
    Good luck with your pup. :)

George Guest
    yea true tx for ur helps uddate you guys in any progress on him
    Please do! We like to see the progress with the advice we give.

13. dont worry i will also is his fear got any thing to do with me too like the way im disaplining him

14. alright he still scared when little tacobell dog bark and chase him is this normal cause i dont want my dog being a little whimp

Your dog being a whimp should be the least of your worries. The dog growing up into a well socialized, well adjusted dog should be priority....

Im a little confused. A chihuahua is allowed to bark and chase him?

hey im having a problem with my dog his scared of other dogs is this normal by scared i mean by a little taco bell dog im trying to let him hear some dog barkkks but all he does is run under the bed i need some advice and some help tx
    Puppies are all about sensory input and it sounds like yours is sound sensitive at present. Think in terms of being his teacher. Everything you do or do not do will effect the adult dog he will become. Control his environment-- don't expose him to things he cannot cope with until you teach him some coping mechanisms. There are techniques available that you could learn to teach him conditioned relaxation; puppies learn quite quickly.

As far as other dogs go, you want all interactions to be positive ones. Don't let another dog frighten, intimidate, or hurt him. He should be on a leash, and no other dogs should not be allowed to approach unless you know they are safe with pups and both dogs are relaxed.

If there's any way you can, you should try to take him to a training cl$#@!.

Julie K

17. well he kind is the one to approch them first