Muscle Buidling Supplements???

Ok..I seen a add the other day on another site while searching APBT!! What are good muscle building supplements for dogs that wont harm them? Has anyone ever used them and do they work?Give me some links if you can thanks everyone :D

Someone else will have to answer this because I don't know.
    I've never liked the idea of giving creatine or anything for muscle development....most muscle development is genetic or inherit I think.

a lady at my job uses 'muscle up' and she said it works great and they look healthy as ever. but the price tag on that stuff is too much for me. exercise is the best way, weight pulling, spring pole, and then give them treats with extra protein to help build muscles like vitalife duck tenders 70% protein all meat.

Boogieman Guest
    Take a look at some of these products.

http://www.petperformanceproducts.com/

Images
    1) Ellas Leads...promotes walking/jogging
    www.EllasLead.com
    2)Stillwater Kennels Collars/Harness...promote walking/jogging/pulling
    www.StillwaterKennels.com
    3)Boogies Hides...encourages jumping/tugging/change of direction/spring pole/flirt pole
    (PM Boogieman)
    4)Wubbas...encourages running/change of direction/swimming
    (PM shadowwolf)
    5)Nutra-9...encourages non-destructive chewing/jaw strength
    www.Nutra-9.com

Along with High Quality Food and Proper Rest (recovery from above exercises)
    Last edited by DieselDawg; 01-30-2009 at 10:25 AM.

6. I know someone who used to give their SBT 1 protein shake a week (the human muscle gain kind) I dunno if this is a good thing to do but his dog is really mucular and healthy. One of the best looking SBTs I've ever seen.

Images
    you dont want to give human supplements to dogs. dogs have different needs then humans. human supplements can actually be harmful to dogs.

dieseldawgs post is the best one on this thread. the best and healthiest way to put on muscle is get out and physically workout your dog. Not only will your dog benefit from the workout but you will too. good old fashioned running, walking, playing, etc.

no human supplements of any kind!

Images
    Trouble and i have started taking his conditioning a little more serious lately. I can tell that he wants to go longer and harder but he just cant yet, he has to build up to it. His stamina has almost doubled in the past 3 months and he has put on 3 pounds. We walk 3 miles every day and he pulls me on the bike 2-3 miles immediately after. We do some flirt pole here and there and a lot of jumping and working for treats in the living room. He used to be dead tired by bedtime but now when were done with out workout and hes had 10 minutes to rest, hes ready to do it all over again. Also, he used to jump about waist high at the most, now his head is easily higher than mine while im standing and he jumps. Lots of walking and running will get them in good shape. And of course proper recovery time and correct amounts of a quality food.

Images
    I have used muscle up It does make your dog look great. but you still have to exercise them.

10. I use Vertex I have great results with it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leharris View Post
    I have used muscle up It does make your dog look great. but you still have to exercise them.
    Right, if you gonna use any supplements you still have to exercise you dog at least the same amount, if not more.

Images
    lol how in the world would he get the dog to drink a protein shake?

Images
    ahhaha good question...have you ever drank a protein shake YUCK!
    My husband drinks them everyday and he makes the yucky face.

Images
    yea i used to drink them and mine were very good they were the cookies and cream flavor but they were reali thick and they make you gassy and if you dont drink a butt load of water they will constapate you....sry im off topic lol

Images
    i had one that tasted like cinamon rolls it was good but the ones my husband gets GROSS its supposed to be chocolate malt...no no its gross. He chases his with a bottle of water :D

I would have to agree on the human shake thing unless you really knew how to read the label and be sure that nothing in there was in excess to the point of being toxic to dogs. Ideally one would just stay away from the human stuff and used something made for k9s. The web site that Boogie referred to http://www.petperformanceproducts.com/ has great stuff designed for dogs and the vendor is a bulldog man who really knows his stuff. He will even price match for you. Also those products are made by the cytosport people who have made human stuff for years.

To echo what most have said here good feed is the number one thing of course followed by hard work. What one must keep in mind is that “supplements” alone DO NOT “build” muscle, rather that they “feed” working muscles, allowing them to recover faster, and hence get bigger, stronger.

You can feed creatine to an animal all day, but if you don*t work him he won*t get “big muscles”. If fact if you use most supplement without adequate amount of work you*ll just make your dog fat and that is not healthy. I would not recommend using supplements without some type of support from a knowledgeable person who you trust until you get comfortable in how they work, which is another reason why I love the http://www.petperformanceproducts.com/ people as they are very supportive and will help you throughout your dogs conditioning program if you have questions.