how to cover up a bleeding tail tip?

ok idk what lucky hit his tail on but its skinned a little and bleeding alot but only when he wags it. And thats just about anytime anyones near him or talking to him and just about whenever. How do i cover or wrap it up to let the bleeding stop for a little while so it can form a scab. He hits it on everything also.

i.e. is not really major to go to the vet and ive been applying ointment to it so that it doesnt get infected.
    I heard to put a tube over the tip (it is on the very tip) and apply tape around the edges so that it attaches of the fur. but the tubes i have are all to little i tried wrapping it with gauze and tape and that came right off. what do you guys suggest?

Get nustock and put it on every other day. It's called happy tail for obvious reasons.
    It is the only thing that works in my experience.

Vetwrap (or any other self-adhesive bandage), if your dog keeps licking off any ointments. You can get a roll for about $1 if you got a horse tack shop - PetCo/Petsmart sell the same stuff for $6.

super glue.

If its minor just keep the dog away from walls etc and prevent him from doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtwo View Post
    Get nustock and put it on every other day. It's called happy tail for obvious reasons.
    It is the only thing that works in my experience.
    kool thanks i never heard of this before where do i get it and exactly what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by lorler View Post
    Vetwrap (or any other self-adhesive bandage), if your dog keeps licking off any ointments. You can get a roll for about $1 if you got a horse tack shop - PetCo/Petsmart sell the same stuff for $6.
    yea the vet wrap sticks to itself but never stays on the tail tip lol
    than you though

Quote Originally Posted by screamin'eagle View Post
    super glue.

If its minor just keep the dog away from walls etc and prevent him from doing it again.
    You mean super glue the cut together like a scab? Is that really good for his skin? so wouldnt when the glue finall comes off the cut will still be fresh because it didnt get air to dry the blood cells and allow them to clot and form a scab? tell me your experience if you can please. thanks alot for the info.:)

Quote Originally Posted by luckilylovinlyfe View Post
    kool thanks i never heard of this before where do i get it and exactly what is it?

yea the vet wrap sticks to itself but never stays on the tail tip lol
    than you though

You mean super glue the cut together like a scab? Is that really good for his skin? so wouldnt when the glue finall comes off the cut will still be fresh because it didnt get air to dry the blood cells and allow them to clot and form a scab? tell me your experience if you can please. thanks alot for the info.:)

nope..I mean super glue it together like using nu-skin on liquid bandage which are exactly the same thing. This stuff is used commonly in plastic surgery to prevent scarring, and to close wounds in various situations. The cut will heal just fine. You can also use it for minor cuts as opposed to band aids, etc. Here are examples, but again super glue is the same.

http://sports-and-outdoors.become.co...ampaign=become

either way you're going to place the ends of the skin back together and apply the glue. It works the same as sutering without the scarring and with more ease...

ok i get it now thanks alot

Plastic tube over the end and tape it to the tail works best for chronic offenders.

Genevieve

Images
    Nustock, Nustock, Nustock!!!! I battled happy tail for years until I got it. Only nustock gives the fast healing necessary to take care if it before it gets really bad. Plus you can use it on any cut or skin irritation. I ordered mine online at nustock.com because the nearest store was an hour away.

Don't take happy tail too lightly though, it can get worse very quickly. One of mine got so bad you could see the tail bone :eek: and infection is not uncommon.

ok the cut on his tail healed. he hit it again it healed. hit it again its healing. but now its all ugly and hard and weird looking. it doesnt look infected or puss-e (lol if id put a y itd look like the wrong word) but its hard. roughish like his paw pads are almost. and from him licking it so much hes lost hair on the tip. (the part thats white) but it seems to be growing back. what do you recomand now? or should i just make the vet appointment?

i have pics on my cell but im on a laptop that isnt owned by me and idk if shell allow me to upload them on here

Images
    I'd probably want my vet to look at it, if for no other reason than to put my mind at ease. Man, that stinks having such a happy dog... :p

lol doesnt it

Hey luckily I have the exact problem with my new dog...lol He keeps popping it open in his crate when... i have been using the liquid band-aid and have been keeping him out doors so it will heal up.... Let me know if you figure something new to do..lol