Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 102
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,171
    Images
    74
    The best thing for the dog you can do is just to act in good spirits. Hes never going to learn trust if you are in a bad mood around him because hes not what you wanted. Just work with him. I bet he could be turned around with the proper help. You got any pics of the dog?

  2. it's not the dog I'm mad at, I go out in the yard about 4-6times a day working with him and I have no pix yet but it's been 3months since I've had him and he looks alot better but the attitude is hardly coming around...I've own plenty of dogs about 95% being bulldogs and not once in my 13yrs of owning dogs have I ever had or seen someone's dog act the way he does...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by latinox3 View Post
    this dog is really just a bad, bad dog...i dont know anyone that would be satisfied with this dog...i wouldnt keep this dog is somebody gave it to me for free, put it that way...


    $#@!, man, where do you live and I'll come pick up the dog if you want.

    Sad that you think he's $#@! because he doesn't live up to your expectations. I certainly understand where you're coming from as far as being a customer is concerned, but damn...

    I guess it's just a bad situation over all.

  4. #24
    If he's not going to honor his end of the deal.... that sucks man and thats one of the things wrong with the dog game today..... sad to say but at the end of the day you're probably not going to get what you want out of the deal... so you got two choices the way I see it.

    1. Live and learn and make the best of the dog you got.

    2. Cull it, chalk it up as a loss and go from there.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Pipbull View Post


    $#@!, man, where do you live and I'll come pick up the dog if you want.

    Sad that you think he's $#@! because he doesn't live up to your expectations. I certainly understand where you're coming from as far as being a customer is concerned, but damn...

    I guess it's just a bad situation over all.
    I agree.

    ---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mandreweav View Post
    The best thing for the dog you can do is just to act in good spirits. Hes never going to learn trust if you are in a bad mood around him because hes not what you wanted. Just work with him. I bet he could be turned around with the proper help. You got any pics of the dog?
    I agree.

    Can we see some pictures?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Catonsville, Maryland
    Posts
    5,655
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by latinox3 View Post
    it's not the dog I'm mad at, I go out in the yard about 4-6times a day working with him and I have no pix yet but it's been 3months since I've had him and he looks alot better but the attitude is hardly coming around...I've own plenty of dogs about 95% being bulldogs and not once in my 13yrs of owning dogs have I ever had or seen someone's dog act the way he does...
    Im just curious about what you mean here?? What does this guy do thats so bad exactly?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    672
    Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    Im just curious about what you mean here?? What does this guy do thats so bad exactly?
    I think he said that it's a really shy dog.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Pipbull View Post
    I think he said that it's a really shy dog.
    well in all my years of owning dogs not 1 dog has been this shy! I think the longest a dog took to "open up" was around 3weeks...now u take into consideration that I've had this dog sleep with me in bed, I rub him down every day, give him a bath every week, just barely threw him on the chain about 3weeks ago and this dog wont walk up to me and if I go to pet him he bows his head and lays on the ground....I feed him once a day at night and I feed him reeal good, certain days out of the week I'll throw in raw chicken or steak or a raw egg ontop of the blue buffalo I feed him and when I go out at night with his food I get no response! just maybe a sit up from laying down...but no energy and no tails wagging no jumping no nothing... and yes NC I'm choosing number1 since CGD told me to cull him out and he'll send me another one...Like I'm going to believe that!! but yeah it does suck because I just wanted a good dog

    ---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    Im just curious about what you mean here?? What does this guy do thats so bad exactly?
    basically he's a pitbull that fears everything especially people and in my book that's one characteristic that makes a pit bull stand out more than other breeds is there willingness to please humans and their love of humans... this dog has neither:confused:

  9. #29
    How does he act around other dominate dogs???
    Many a shy dogs were also Damn fine bulldogs.
    If you arnt happy with the dog, you need not to explain youreself beyond that. Sending you a dog that is 6months insted of 11 weeks with a Broken hanger and scared up is reason enuf to be dissatisfied with youre purchase. I can not stand a dishonest dogman! I have a friend that was considering getting a dog from him. Thanks for shareing youre bad experiance. I would send him this link, so he knows youre putting this info out there and has a chance to respond.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    672
    How was he when you had him in the house?

  11. I had a crate set up for him next to my bed and he stayed in it all day and night... he would come out to drink water than go right back in....he knew he wasnt supposed to have accidents in the house so instead of walking across the room to the door that led outside, he'd just hold it in and cry until my girlfriend would pick him up and take him out... and as far as shy dogs being great bulldogs, it's not that this dog is just shy...he's scared of everyone including his owner...I can't even play with this dog or walk him to get him to do any type of exercise.... that's the thing that gets me most

  12. #32
    Id offer the man the dog back one more time......then I'd have the dog pts w/vet documentation. Then I would be letting him know if he wanted to avoid legal trouble he would be sending me a new pup. I dont play this kinda sh#t. And he would pay One way or another.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,171
    Images
    74
    put a leash on him and make him follow you around. if he wont come around with you carry some small treats and put a treat in front of his nose and make him follow it around and when he takes a few steps reward him. I wouldnt pick him up too much to carry him out or hes just going to keep doing it that way and wont learn. try not patting him on top of the head while you give him affection. If you really dont want the dog im sure someone whos worked with shy dogs or is willing to seek help from a behaviorist might take him off your hands. try taking him on walks. Ive found that walking dogs is one of the best ways to form a bond and a trust between human and dog.

  14. thats the thing if I have a treat but I stand too far a way he'll just stay there and cry because he doesnt want to come to me...but I'm still going to work with him...and no I'm not going to give this dog away to anyone... I did pay over $1000 for him...if he turns out to be good than he does and if he stays the same way than oh well, I won't breed him...I'm not an $#@!hole...I'm not going to kill or abuse this dog...I do like him...it's just that the way this whole purchase came about was really messed up and wrong...this is not the dog jeff smith at CGD promised me AT ALL and that's the bottomline and that's what I'm mad about because he won't let me send this dog back because he knows noone would ever willingly purchase this dog if they seen it in person especially for how much I paid for...but like I said this dog is my dog no matter what...

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,171
    Images
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by latinox3 View Post
    thats the thing if I have a treat but I stand too far a way he'll just stay there and cry because he doesnt want to come to me...but I'm still going to work with him...and no I'm not going to give this dog away to anyone... I did pay over $1000 for him...if he turns out to be good than he does and if he stays the same way than oh well, I won't breed him...I'm not an $#@!hole...I'm not going to kill or abuse this dog...I do like him...it's just that the way this whole purchase came about was really messed up and wrong...this is not the dog jeff smith at CGD promised me AT ALL and that's the bottomline and that's what I'm mad about because he won't let me send this dog back because he knows noone would ever willingly purchase this dog if they seen it in person especially for how much I paid for...but like I said this dog is my dog no matter what...
    Well its good that you want to stick it out. try letting the dog get a good wiff of the treat and slowly move it away to get him moving forward and then give it to him without even taking a step first. slowly start gaining his trust like that and then eventually he should follow the treat a little more and more each time. maybe even give him a small poke in the rear to get him moving a little bit.

  16. What has your vet said about him? Just wondering. I have a dog that was beaten, but she never cried when it was time to move. She did yip when I put a leash around her neck, but not cry.
    It just makes me wonder if there might be something else wrong. Do you know if she/he walks around in the yard a lot when you arent out there?
    Just wonderin'

  17. Quote Originally Posted by running with bulls View Post
    What has your vet said about him? Just wondering. I have a dog that was beaten, but she never cried when it was time to move. She did yip when I put a leash around her neck, but not cry.
    It just makes me wonder if there might be something else wrong. Do you know if she/he walks around in the yard a lot when you arent out there?
    Just wonderin'
    no I haven't taken him to the vet...it'll cost about $60 just for a vet to take a look at him and I really can't afford that....he walks around very rarely and its only late at night after he eats for about 10-15mins I hear his chains moving around but no he doesn't move around like that daily....

  18. Wait, you paid 1,000 dollars or so for a puppy, but don't have 60 dollars to go to the Vet?

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    17,593
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    Wait, you paid 1,000 dollars or so for a puppy, but don't have 60 dollars to go to the Vet?

    x2.... If I paid $1000.00 for a dog, I would dang sure have $60 for a vet visit...

  20. #40
    I was kind of curious about that too, that is a lot of money for a dog, and then not to be able to afford a $60 vet bill does not make sense to me....
    good luck anyway....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. gamedogs
    By roughcur in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 02:30 PM
  2. Gamedogs of Present vs. Gamedogs of Past?
    By pitbullfathead in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
  3. Patterson Gamedogs
    By pattersongamedogs in forum Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 10:01 AM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

dog breeding games

carolina gamedogs jethro

carolina game dog

cgd kennels

game dog breeders

gamedog keep

north carolina game dogs

carolina game dogs kennelscarolina game dogs jethronorth carolina gamedogscarolina gamedog jethrotom garner kennelsjeff smith carolina game dogswww.carolinagamedogs.comgame dogs kennelsnc game dogsgamedog breederssc game dogscgd kennelonline pedigrees carolina game dogtop game dog breederscarolina gamedog kennelscarolina gamedogs jethro pedigreecarolina gamedogcgdkennelcarolina game dogs kennelgamedogscarolina gamedogsCarolina gamedogs pit bull forumssouth carolina game dogssouth carolina game dog kennelsgame dog breeders in nccarolina game dogs 2012carolina game kennelgame dogs north carolina

Bookmarks