• OFRN

12 36.36%
  • Termite

2 6.06%
  • Nigerino

3 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colby/Old Family Red Nose

:confused:what experiences have you guys had from these two lines of the APBT and what information do you have about respectful breeders who breed these dogs. Also any info on Some Termite and Nigerino dogs would be great.

Also what are the famous dogs you know about from these lines. Post a ped if possible

3. Good Lord you have a lot of questions.

Noah didn't build the Ark in one day . . . Just saying.

oh.well any one who doesnt mind answering my questions opinions are appreciated. I'm trying to learn what others may already know...

5. Quote Originally Posted by CLKENNELS View Post
    oh.well any one who doesnt mind answering my questions opinions are appreciated. I'm trying to learn what others may already know...
    It's not that I disagree with learning, I just disagree with trying to learn it all before Friday Morning.

It's just impossible, it won't happen. It takes years, even with some of the great breed minds on this forum.

I've been in the breed my entire life, parents bred, all that jazz, and I still occasionally get taken to school by SE, NCP, Boogie, Etc...

No matter what, you'll never know it all.

Images
    Big Ant has a valid point. We do have a history section which it sounds like you have not gone thru. That section will give you a good start...

I know you are trying to get all the info you can and that is good...but some stuff you need to dig thru...discover...experience yourself. You need to go to a dog show, visit a breeders yard or two or three, ect.

In another thread you are asking about linebreeding ect. Then in this thread you are asking about certain bloodlines. Either subject should take you quite a bit of time to cover...It sounds like you are picking up Key Words...Linebreeding, OFRN,ect. and then making a thread and wanting all the answers handed to you. We wish it worked that way but it is not that easy. Just slow down a bit, relax, soak it all in, let it perkulate a bit.

Some yards won't tell you anything...you would have to get in the mix and shovel $#@! before you would learn anything! The first thing you would learn is How to Shovel $#@!! ;-)
    Last edited by DieselDawg; 01-07-2009 at 04:26 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DieselDawg View Post
    ... let it perkulate a bit.

... The first thing you would learn is How to Shovel $#@!! ;-)
    Two Great Quotes in the History of PBC

Now I understand what you guys are sayin and I haven't gone through the historical section in its entirety the threads i'm posting/starting I am looking forward to people more experienced than me to point me in the right direction whether it be information provided on this site or somewhere else or a book/movie etc.etc.... I just ordered a few book by mr. stratton and so when i get them i'm sure my questions will die down.If anyone has an answer to my questions great ,but i would also like to be pointed in the right direction so i can study on my own. i come from baltimore where the most that most folks know about this breed is to organize and partcipate in fights.I am looking for a mentor right now and and i sure as hell wont take one from here(baltimore)I'm just looking for pointers and i KNOW that i wont learn everything overnight and the way things change, I wont learn it all in my lifetime.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ant View Post
    Two Great Quotes in the History of PBC
    I have been unduly influenced by Jucking Ferk...you read too many of his posts and the next thing you know is you are telling your girlfriend that you think you saw one of her eggs hit the street while on a 100 mile bike ride:eek:

10. DD already pointed you in the right direction.

The history section here, and i believe there is a bloodlines section as well, but don't quote me on that because I never look at the forum index.

The search feature works very well with keywords such as Colby, OFRN, etc., then read, read more, read more, then read more, then ask questions, then go back and read.

- Anthony

i come from baltimore where the most that most folks know about this breed is to organize and partcipate in fights.I am looking for a mentor right now and and i sure as hell wont take one from here(baltimore
    If you're in Baltimore, check out the B-More Dogs group. Super folks, knowledgeable pit bull owners and they are active in breed education and outreach. http://www.bmoredog.org/

I appreciate the pointers and thanks dogged for your link.Like I said Have met very few respectable "breeders and dog owners where i am from. I will continue to post when i have a problem finding some info or if i get confused about something i've read .again thanks to diesel dog bcuz you've been helping me out since i joined

Thanks diva.and the others who are helping out

16. Quote Originally Posted by CLKENNELS View Post
    :confused:what experiences have you guys had from these two lines of the APBT and what information do you have about respectful breeders who breed these dogs. Also any info on Some Termite and Nigerino dogs would be great.
    a friend of mine has termite dogs. he is pleased with his dogs.

Again...OFRN is not a bloodline. It is a family of related bloodlines. Some of the lines were Wallace, Hemphill, Wilder, Lightner, etc.

Since you mentioned Nigerino I'll put it into perspective. The question would be like asking if someone likes Boudreaux lines. More applicable you'd be asking about Maverick, Eli jr, Nigerino, Skull, etc. Family vs. bloodline.

Thanks Screamin Eagle. I just learned that while looking around...

Nice thread on Nigerino Big ant

20. Quote Originally Posted by CLKENNELS View Post
    Nice thread on Nigerino Big ant
    It's definitely a nice thread, but that was not my thread, that was posted by NCPrisonGuard. But yes, I agree, definitely a good posting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast