Man Videos 10 year Old Girl Abusing a Pit Bull

On the heels of Atlanta Falcons' star quarterback Michael Vick filing a guilty plea for funding a dogfighting and gambling operation called Bad Newz Kennels in Virginia, an Atlanta man decided to videotape his neighbor's 10-year-old daughter abusing her pitbull and its four puppies in her backyard.

The dog, who was cornered against a chain-link fence, cowered on one side of a crate as the girl repeatedly smacked the top of it with a stick. Then the girl picked up one of the puppies and threw it to the ground beside its mother.

The clip was named, "Young female Michael Vick abusing pitbull puppies," and posted on YouTube, a popular website. Animal lovers downloading the video were horrified, prompting an animal cruelty complaint.

Fulton County Animal Services, run by the Southern Hope Humane Society in Atlanta, took the dogs after the little girl's mother, Emily Gibbs, bowed to media pressure and agreed to put the animals up for adoption. Then hundreds of animal rescue groups offering to find new homes for the dogs came forward.

Southern Hope chose to place them in the care of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animal of Connecticut (SPCA), run by Fred Acker in Monroe.

"We have a relationship. They trust us," Acker said of Southern Hope. "Southern Hope's president, Stacey Hall, said we are the only animal rescue group she will send her foster animals to."

In a telephone interview Friday, Hall said her group has been working with SPCA for about four-and-a-half years.

"They've been a tremendous help," Hall said. "It's amazing the number of dogs he can find homes for."

Gibbs gave one of the puppies to a friend. The mother pitbull and her three remaining puppies boarded a Southern Hope Humane Society bus on Thursday, along with 74 other dogs for a 1,100-mile trek to 359 Spring Hill Road, the second of three stops. On Friday morning, SPCA staff members and volunteers were accompanied by TV news crews and reporters at their Monroe headquarters, as they awaited the bus's arrival.

Hearts melted after the driver, Lorie Comfort, and Marla Farrell, a Southern Hope employee, opened the double doors in back of the bus, and the caged pitbull and her litter of puppies came into view. The puppies wagged their tails and licked the faces of the women who picked them up and cuddled them in their arms, and an SPCA staffer gave the mother dog a walk.

"It's not the worst thing I've ever seen," SPCA Staff Manager Audra Smith said of the YouTube video. "But to see a young girl treat animals like that was very disturbing. You don't see that every day. Now, because of the Michael Vick thing, it's becoming more known to the general public. People are starting to care more.

"It makes you feel really good," Smith said of being able to provide care and new homes for the pitbulls. "It's something you enjoy doing. I like to hear the happy endings - that the dogs are doing well in their new homes, and that the people are grateful."

Smith noted that pitbulls, who are often labeled as fighting dogs, have a negative stigma. But she said pitbulls are an intelligent breed and one of the best family dogs. "It's all about how you raise them," she said.

By Sunday afternoon, all three of the puppies were adopted, leaving their mother behind. It is harder to find homes for older dogs, according to Acker.

The mother pitbull immediately warmed to the Southern Hope employees who rescued her. Hall said, "She's really a sweet dog. She couldn't wait to get out of there."

SPCA hosts adoptions on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 3 p.m.

'Par for the course'

Hall said an acceptance of animal cruelty seems to be the mentality among some Atlanta-area residents. "As bad as the video was, it was pretty much par for the course down here," she said.

"We get regular transports of animals from Fulton County," Acker said.

In addition to the pitbull and her three puppies, SPCA also took in a pitbull-mix who was a victim of a new gang initiations going on in the Atlanta area, in which dogs are being set on fire. During the ritual, a flammable chemical is poured down the animal's back and lit, apparently in retaliation for Michael Vick's conviction, according to news reports.

The pitbull-mix, which was playing with a stuffed animal at SPCA on Sunday, has already been adopted.

Prior to the Southern Hope Humane Society taking over the Fulton County Animal Services, Hall said dogs were only kept for three days before being euthanized, with about 1,300 dogs being put to sleep per year. But since her group won the contract to run the animal shelter, the kill-rate of dogs who are brought there dropped from 95 percent to 40 percent.

"If it wasn't for our transport program, we couldn't bring the kill rate down," Hall said. "We spay and neuter the dogs and drive them in an air- conditioned shuttle bus."

Acker's 359 Spring Hill Road location is one of the prime stops. Friday's bus also went to Westchester and Saratoga.

Even when there are complaints of animal cruelty, Hall said Fulton County Animal Services' hands are often tied, because legally, a pet owner only has to provide food, shelter and water to their animal.

This causes courts to force Animal Services' employees who seize an abused animal to return it as long as those basic requirements are met. Had Emily Gibbs decided she did not want to part with her pitbulls, Hall said there would have been little her group could legally do about it.

When abused animals are seized, Hall said the District Attorney's Office must be involved, and the animal shelter must shoulder the expense of housing and feeding the dogs until court proceedings are completed.

The number of animal cruelty complaints may increase across the nation, where home videos have been used to catch criminals and other disreputable people in the act. But to date, Hall said the YouTube video marks the first time Fulton County Animal Services responded to an animal cruelty incident that was caught on tape.

"It will probably spur more people [to film incidents of animal cruelty]," Hall said. "But it could be dangerous."
    Acker is more optimistic about the potential new trend.

"I think this is the wave of the future," he said. "If people spot animal cruelty, they can document it"

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...d=432860&rfi=6

Images
    This is a a little old news here. But the mother and pups were rescued.

Here is the link to the video of her abusing the pups
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAsWu2F7ooQ"]YouTube - Young female Michael Vick abusing Pit Bull Puppies[/ame]

And here is the link for AC rescuing them
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir4bI_8jmyU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir4bI_8jmyU[/ame]
    Last edited by Cynthia; 09-28-2007 at 11:14 PM.

3. That little girl should be slapped upside the head.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    That little girl should be slapped upside the head.
    LMAo..I was thinking more along the lines picking her up and slamming her into the ground..I would do it a heart beat...Forgive me if I am wrong, but I will never feel any different than that. I cannot stand kids hitting/hurting dogs, even though the parents dont agree, I have seen them many times do it behind their back and the parent never knows about it, then the damn dog bites them one day, well I wonder why? Gee! I would too. Kids are very deceitful and manipulative these days and not ALWAYS do the parents see and know about certain things....of course I still put the blame on the parents..because as far as I am concerned, they should stay up their kids' $#@! like white on rice, to teach and catch right and wrong, and they are not!
    Sorry..went a little futher than the OP...just makes me mad!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fearlessknight View Post
    LMAo..I was thinking more along the lines picking her up and slamming her into the ground..I would do it a heart beat...Forgive me if I am wrong, but I will never feel any different than that. I cannot stand kids hitting/hurting dogs, even though the parents dont agree, I have seen them many times do it behind their back and the parent never knows about it, then the damn dog bites them one day, well I wonder why? Gee! I would too. Kids are very deceitful and manipulative these days and not ALWAYS do the parents see and know about certain things....of course I still put the blame on the parents..because as far as I am concerned, they should stay up their kids' $#@! like white on rice, to teach and catch right and wrong, and they are not!
    Sorry..went a little futher than the OP...just makes me mad!
    LOL we agree. The best thing I ever saw was at work. A little boy about 4 or 5 started crying that the dog bit him. The mother asked him well what did you do. He told her that he pulled his tail. The mother told the boy well you deserved it and you will live. You hurt the dog he will hurt you back. I was like finally! LOL

I gotta tell ya...I just wish i could've jumped thru my laptop to kick that little girls a$$!! After i finish mopping the floor w/ her mother, that is. U know people always act surprised when their kids do cruel things like this...but guess what, she learned it from somewhere, or DIDN'T learn to respect animals somewhere.
    My daughter Naeemah is 8, my son Elijah is 6...i'm not just saying this cuz their my kids...but they are the kindest gentlest souls. When i see them w/ my 2 dogs...and my foster dog, I just wanna cry sometimes. All they do is hug n kiss em & tell em how much they love em...every day. The first thing they do when they wake up in the morning is hug & kiss the dogs...and before they go to bed at night.
    I even overhear them talking to their friends outside while they're playing...and they almost lecture their friends about animals & how to treat them.
    There were some kids outside in the woods one day torturing a frog...them & all their friends ran to come get me so we could go save the frog! U should've seen them, they were so scared for the poor frog.
    So seeing this just made me ill. Especially becuz it's a girl! Where is her sensitivity chip??? If she's lacking that now at the age of 10...one can only imagine what her future has in store...and God forbid she ends up having children!
    I'm curious to know if she even received any punishment for this. Or how many other times she's done this and it wasn't videotaped. I'm sure this wasn't the first.
    She is obviously a disturbed child...and if her "mother" didn't drive her immediately to a therapist after this incident..then SHE needs to be punished...or better yet...beat w/ a stick!

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaATL View Post
    LOL we agree. The best thing I ever saw was at work. A little boy about 4 or 5 started crying that the dog bit him. The mother asked him well what did you do. He told her that he pulled his tail. The mother told the boy well you deserved it and you will live. You hurt the dog he will hurt you back. I was like finally! LOL
    right on! That's what i woulda said!
    I can't even imagine one of my kids being mean to an animal...but if that ever did happen, it would be THE A$$WHOOPIN THEY NEVER FORGET! They'll be telling their grandkids about that a$$whoopin! I'm not even kidding.
    Kids can be so cruel to animals. just read some of the cases on pet-abuse.com..involving children & animals.
    But thanx to our biased media...by the time we hear about it...the headline reads "Child mauled by PitBull"or "PitBull turns on child"...funny how they never tell u what led up to it...of course the parents don't want to face any charges so they don't say what their little heathen did to the poor dog to make him bite. The animal gets put down...and they get their kid another dog to abuse. Makes me so damn mad!
    :mad:

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaATL View Post
    LMAO..you damned straight...thats always what I told my neices....you hurt some one/thing, you can surely expect the same in return and I dont want to hear it when it happens......

Images
    I shudder to think that this girl ever gets hold of another dog, or has children one day herself ...

I'd like to beat her over the head with a big stick! Stupid little bitch! $#@! like this pisses me off more than seeing adults doing things like this. She has obviously seen this behavior somewhere before. Sounds like Momma and Daddy need their $#@!es whooped too.

I like the way y'all think. If I had ever done anything like that my mom and dad would have whipped my cute little butt! And I probabaly would have had a few marks to prove it.