Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Land of Giants

1. Land of Giants

My name is Matthew. I am a founding member of Land of Giants Kennel, based in Massachusetts. I have joined this community to dispell some of the myths and rumors that some very ignorant people have posted here. I am 32 years old. I have been breeding and raising ADBA REGISTERED American Pitbull Terriers with my father, stepmom, and brother, for over 24 years. Our dogs are not mutts. They are true, purebred Pits. The haters will undoubtedly say, "well, of course he's going to say that...", but I invite any of you to "the farm" to have a look for yourself.

2. LOL, a quick google of your kennel produced more than enough for me.

125lb APBTs? Wow! OK! School us, please.

3. Talking Land of Giants

My name is Matthew. I am one of Ken Buzzell's sons. I've recently stumbled across this site and am displeased with all the negativity regarding our dogs. Sounds like a bunch of haters. Anyway, anytime any of you actually want to come see the dogs and judge for yourself, and maybe make some accusations face to face, let me know. This is what actually brings the breed down...ignorant people slandering others with baseless myths and rumors. Ya'll ought to focus on some positive stuff in life rather than trying to bring someone else's lifes work down. Fact is, we stand behind our dogs, and have satisfied customers. My guess is that most of these folks talking trash are upset because they couldn't buy a pup for breeding, or were flat out declared unfit to own one of our dogs.

God Bless you all...yes, even the haters. I really hope you grow a set and actually come see the dogs.

603-540-1979

Hi Matthew, and to PBC!

Why not stck around and answer some questions, maybe you could help clear up some perceived misconceptions!:)

5. I have not had a chance to look are your site yet, but look forward to it. I hope you and your dogs do well. So far I have looked at two post and on both I noticed negative comments toward the poster. I hope this is not indicative of the membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Boisblanc View Post
    I have not had a chance to look are your site yet, but look forward to it. I hope you and your dogs do well. So far I have looked at two post and on both I noticed negative comments toward the poster. I hope this is not indicative of the membership.
    I "apologize" for being negative. But if I must apologize, then I feel he owes the entire APBT breed an apology and all of us APBT owners an apology for passing off mixed-breed HA dogs as "APBTs".

I give props to only the professional breeders not the backyard breeders. What I think Matthew is trying to say is not all breeders are bad. Not all breeders breed pits or bully breeds to fight. Not all breeders are irresponsible. I haven't seen your website Matthew but I hope we are on the same page. I am not one to hate all breeders. But I do not support back yard breeding and those who breed dogs to fight.
    You have to remember that pit bulls are not bred to just fight and sale to any one or ignorant people.
    There are responsible breeders that breed for dog shows and actually have a screening process for potential owners before they buy the puppy. Just like they do in some rescues.

Its those irresponsible breeders that only seek profit who are ignorant and some times can be abusive to dogs that we should be concerned about. Those kind of breeders unfortunately give Matthew a bad name.

Because of this I wish we had stricter laws and more prove for certification to decrease the number of idiotic breeders and breeding. Leaving the professionals to do the job.
    Last edited by adopt-a-bull; 12-22-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Hello and Welcome

-People have a problem with LOG, adopt-a-bull, because they breed 125# APBTs, and well, that just isn't possible without mixing other breeds in.

Images
    i tried to check out the website, but i think i almost had a seizure.

i, too, would like to hear more. I have a rescued pitt. don't know if she's purebred, don't care. is the issue here selling a "purebred" that isn't? or the possibility of being a byb? i'm confused and don't have much info or history on what is going on here. i just got a negative vibe from the very get-go.

I am sure purebred isnt the real issue here. I know pit bulls are not purebreds. Dont they come from a history of terriers and bulldogs? I think matt is tired of hearing that all breeders are bad. I think he is trying to explain that he is a professional not an irresponsible greedy breeder. Because of those irresponsible breeders I support rescue 100% more. However I do wish breeding was left to the pros.
    Last edited by adopt-a-bull; 12-22-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Images
    Just the name "Land of Giants" is telling. A good breeder of APBTs would not even think about using the term Giant and APBT in the same breath.

What breed are you "EXACTLY" saying that you are breeding to standard? Please tell me the standards you are breeding for? Then post some pics of the dogs (only your best) that are bred to that standard.

Quote Originally Posted by DieselDawg View Post
    Just the name "Land of Giants" is telling. A good breeder of APBTs would not even think about using the term Giant and APBT in the same breath.

What breed are you "EXACTLY" saying that you are breeding to standard? Please tell me the standards you are breeding for? Then post some pics of the dogs (only your best) that are bred to that standard.
    Where is matts website. I havent been able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by adopt-a-bull View Post
    I am sure purebred isnt the real issue here. I know pit bulls are not purebreds. Dont they come from a history of terriers and bulldogs? I think matt is tired of hearing that all breeders are bad. I think he is trying to explain that he is a professional not an irresponsible greedy breeder. Because of those irresponsible breeders I support rescue 100% more. However I do wish breeding was left to the pros.

Breeding for size only is hardly responsible. And I don't know why you seem to think that there are no well breed, purebred APBT.. but I $#@!ure you they are out there.

14. Quote Originally Posted by adopt-a-bull View Post
    Well if you look at it like that the only purebred would be the wolf. APBTs have been a breed and not a mix for a long long time now.

apbt are pit bulls but not all american pit bull terriers are pit bulls. Pit bull is a term to call am staffs, bulldogs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew101376 View Post
    My name is Matthew. I am a founding member of Land of Giants Kennel, based in Massachusetts. I have joined this community to dispell some of the myths and rumors that some very ignorant people have posted here. I am 32 years old. I have been breeding and raising ADBA REGISTERED American Pitbull Terriers with my father, stepmom, and brother, for over 24 years. Our dogs are not mutts. They are true, purebred Pits. The haters will undoubtedly say, "well, of course he's going to say that...", but I invite any of you to "the farm" to have a look for yourself.
    1) Selectively breeding for size makes you an irresponsible breeder.
    2) Registering your dogs as APBTs does not make them APBTs.
    3) Why is the excuse for people not agreeing with piss poor breeding ethics and practices "you must be haters."?

So you are saying its okay to breed just random "pitbulls" that may or may not be purebred something or other? I definately have a problem with breeding mutts.

-to clarify, I am speaking to adopt-a-bull. :)

Images
    Once a breed has been established and standards inked...it is a breed. Just because all dogs originated from Wolves, would you call your Poodle a Wolf? As stated earlier, breeding for size as in "Land of Giants" is not breeding to standards.

It would be the same if you were a BYB and bred pure APBTs that were not good examples of the breed...they can still be pure APBTs but that does not mean they should be bred.

No I am talking about the pit types. My dog is a american pit bull terrier mix. What I am understanding is that matthew breeds a certain pit type I am guessing.

I hate getting into this kind of argument. Perhaps matthew just wanted to piss people off too.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast