Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. I haven't got the hang of this forum it's the first time I've ever joined one of these at all & I'm on my phone so excuse my stupidity! LoL

2. Okay I switched from my phone to my PC so I can check this sight out fully as soon as my vision clears up from the tears of guilt...poor Picasso is licking his paws trying to get the adhesive off but I do really appreciate the speedy response because I couldnt have handled seeing much more of his paws being taped!

I really have no clue why a vet would wrap their paws.. that is just bizarre.

4. how about I check out the site instead of the sight...oops ya his paws were taped and I didn't notice him scratching his ears at all & as soon as I read it wasn't common I cut it off, he's way less agitated now and is sleeping on the couch with a pillow it's adorable

Like Kady said, that is so weird to tape his paws. Guinness had a cone of shame (elizabethan collar). I'm glad he is less irritable now. Please follow the care instructions from your vet.

Images

Ear Cropping Aftercare Questions

What did your vet say when you asked why his paws were taped?

7. Well his office was closed today but he's doing great after I took off his feet tape, actually he's more calm and isn't completely fixated on his paws he hasn't tried even once to scratch his ears so I'm lucky there
    Last edited by Krystaraye; 08-19-2012 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Sent on accident, wasnt finished typing

8. Hi I had my 9 week old blue pit cropped an its only been three days an now it look infected. went back to vet an he's out of town so they gave me anitiboitc and re-taped the but i was home an hour an the tape is coming off, His ear do not look good what should i do ant home to help my baby.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by superthicktia View Post
    Hi I had my 9 week old blue pit cropped an its only been three days an now it look infected. went back to vet an he's out of town so they gave me anitiboitc and re-taped the but i was home an hour an the tape is coming off, His ear do not look good what should i do ant home to help my baby.
    Call a different vet.

10. This is a gorgeous ear crop on this dog. (Guiness). I absolutely love it. They're standing perfectly and there clean cut. May I ask, what all did you do exactly to help them turn out that way? Also, what did the vet do?

I'm asking because I got my baby's ears cropped about 4 days ago, and I'm so very upset. I will never take him back to that vet again. When I picked him up, he was a bloody mess. And he was in so much pain, because they did not give him any kind of pain killer after the anesthetic. They're now infected and smelly and look just terrible. I called the vet that I originally took him to and they said that he's fine and basically yelled at me DO NOT TOUCH IT. So I called a couple other vets to see what advice I could get from them. They said that sounds terrible and he needs to be seen immediately. They said they need to be cleaned, wrapped, and he should be on an antibiotic. They said that the vet I took him to obviously has no clue what they're talking about.

So, I was wondering, from anyone that would like to share, is there anyway to make them a smooth cut like this dog posted? Because right now they look very rigid and bumpy. I'm sooo mad and worried about my little guy!!! Please help!!

Are the ridges and bumps from scabs and fur?

My pup had her ears cropped this past Tuesday. Hers look kind of bumpy, but it's clearly from the scabs and fur. When I look at the actual cut, its clean and smooth.

12. Also, is there any kind of meds I can purchase to help with his pain and discomfort? My baby is hurting... :(

Only what the vet prescribed. If he didn't prescribe any, I'd suggest taking your pup in to see a diff vet.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ~Missy~ View Post
    Are the ridges and bumps from scabs and fur?

My pup had her ears cropped this past Tuesday. Hers look kind of bumpy, but it's clearly from the scabs and fur. When I look at the actual cut, its clean and smooth.
    His actual cut is rigid. Not a smooth cut at all. The very top is a smooth cut, but the further down it goes, the worse the cut is.

15. I have called like 3 different vets today for advice. But everyone closed at noon, so I didn't have time to actually take him somewhere by the time I got done with work. :/
    The vet I took him to didn't give him squat, just keeps lecturing me "DO NOT TOUCH IT"

If they are smelly and infected, sorry somehow I missed that, take her to another vet ASAP. This is something you don't want to let go...your pup could end up losing her ears. Trust me, I know from experience.

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...d-up-Royally-(

17. How much of the ear? Do you have a picture?
    I'm so scared something bad is going to happen to my poor baby.
    I won't be able to get him into a vet until Monday because all of the vets are closed. :'(

18. How do I post a picture?
    If, in fact, you'd be interested to see my baby's ears.

This was the last pic I took of her before having to rehome her.

Why don't you start a new thread? :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast