1. My Dog is chewing up my wall!!! Help!

I adopted a Pitbull about 3 months ago and keep him in a room (12 x 12) while I'm at work as I have 2 cats. He's been chewing holes in the wall, more like trench about 2 feet long now. I've been told that I need to crate him, but I really don't want to. I guess he's bored with his rope and Nylabone. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

What an $#@!hole!

Quote Originally Posted by beco3838 View Post
    I adopted a Pitbull about 3 months ago and keep him in a room (12 x 12) while I'm at work as I have 2 cats. He's been chewing holes in the wall, more like trench about 2 feet long now. I've been told that I need to crate him, but I really don't want to. I guess he's bored with his rope and Nylabone. Any advice appreciated. Thanks
    do you exercise him before you lock him in the room?how long is he in there for?how old is he?

Images
    I know you don't want to crate him but it is the best thing for your dog and for your home.
    Some more information would be helpful in giving better advice.

Images
    You should listen and crate him. Please work him out before you decide to just lock him up. Crating is better as he can't destroy anything but what's inside the crate. Get hima Kong stuffed with treats. Find something new to keep him busy on a daily basis so he doesn't get bored.

Images
    Oh I agree crating is terrible it is much better to let him destroy your home, chew through the wall and kill your cats. How much more humane to have all this happen and when you can no longer take the things he does you then take him to the shelter and he is PTS.
    GRRRR!!! Great plan and it has worked so well for thousands of people.

Images
    crate him! my girl chewed my shoes. my chouch, and the bathroom. crates are not all bad. It keeps him and everyone else safe.(everyone as in cats.)

Images
    i think your dog needs more exsersize all dogs tend to start chewing on things when they have not been able to let out there energy he is most likely frustrated i would get up erly and walk him and then after you get home walk him (long walks not 10 min) make sher he allso has something to ocupy his time wile he is locked up but in the mean time intell you have it under control kennel him if you work long days have some one come in to walk at least one time a day allso this is just my opinion from the info you gave and i have hurd the same story over and over

melania/kiwi
    sorry about spelling