Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1

    Dog Fighting Ring Busted In Enfield

    Dog-fighting ring busted in Enfield
    By Mike Hixenbaugh
    Rocky Mount Telegram

    Tuesday, December 02, 2008


    More than 20 spectators fled from authorities when deputies stumbled across a big-money dog fight near the Nash County line in Enfield this weekend.

    Nine men — two from Whitakers, the rest from out of town — were arrested and charged with dogfighting after members of the Halifax County Sheriff’s Department raided a gathering Sunday off Bellamy’s Mill Road and found dozens of people betting on a fight between two pit bulls.

    The dogs had been fighting for about 15 minutes when police arrived and one was mauled so badly it could barely stand, officials said. The injured dog was carried from the scene and eventually euthanized.

    Three other dogs were confiscated by animal control officers — one badly injured and bleeding, the others emaciated and in shock. Pit bulls often are starved by dogfight enthusiasts to make the animals more aggressive, Halifax County Animal Control Officer Robert Richardson said.

    “It’s a disgusting activity, and I’m very disturbed by it,” Richardson said. “Especially in our county. Our county seems to be a magnet for this type of thing.”

    Each of the dogs likely will be euthanized in the coming weeks, Richardson said, because they are too aggressive for adoption.

    Evidence at the scene indicates this wasn’t the first dog fight at the location. Authorities found two other enclosed fighting pits on the property. Investigators discovered the skeletal remains of two dogs near the ring and it appeared others had been buried in the woods, Richardson said.

    Dried blood was splattered on the walls of the rings and authorities recovered dogfighting paraphernalia at the scene — including a thick wooden stick used to separate the dogs.

    Deputies also seized nine vehicles, three handguns, drug scales and marijuana during the raid. Several spectators successfully escaped authorities after running on foot into the woods.

    The nine people arrested face charges of felony dogfighting, and some face possession of marijuana and possession of a firearm by a felon charges. Many of the men were intoxicated and a number of liquor bottles were found at the scene, authorities said.

    Arrested were Charles McClain Rives of Whitakers; Corey Sledge of Whitakers; and seven other men from as far away as Elizabeth City and Richmond, Va.

    “These guys came a long way for this fight,” Richardson said. “They probably weren’t here just to bet a couple hundred dollars. This is a bigger network than we imagined.”

    http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/ne...ld-271866.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,397
    Images
    5
    Glad they got caught!

  3. #3
    Have a sneaky suspicion that they didn't "stumble" across the scene. I think someone snitched or there was an informant. Just proves that people aren't being as careful as they ought to.... keep their circle close.

  4. #4
    If they were fighting their dogs then why were they starving them?

  5. I will never understand why humans who think themselves intellectually superior to animals use said animals for amusement. You would think people who do this could find a better form of entertainment. I also believe that dog fighting and animal cruelty should carry a heftier prison term. Numerous studies have shown the link between animal cruelty and the sociopath (particularly serial killers). It amazes me that a good deal of people view pits as aggressors because of dog fighting, etc, and can never see the abusive human behind it as the true villain.

  6. #6
    Megs they were most likely conditioned and not starved... see in the animal rights freaks eyes.. if you see any trace of a rib at all you are starving your dog. If your dog has a nice tuck... you're starving him... if you control the amount of food you feed.. you are starving him.

    Quote Originally Posted by megschristina View Post
    If they were fighting their dogs then why were they starving them?

    Marnutian.... I'd love for you to see my dogs or any of the MANY dogs that grace the show ring at the ADBA and AADR shows... these animals ARE NATURALLY ANIMAL AGGRESSIVE. So are you saying that everyone that owns a dog aggressive pit bull is abusive? These dogs have been bred for centuries to do combat... and the best combatants were bred... making combative puppies.. and so on.. its the nature of the beast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marnutian View Post
    It amazes me that a good deal of people view pits as aggressors because of dog fighting, etc, and can never see the abusive human behind it as the true villain.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    17,528
    Images
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    Megs they were most likely conditioned and not starved... see in the animal rights freaks eyes.. if you see any trace of a rib at all you are starving your dog. If your dog has a nice tuck... you're starving him...

    If what I have in bold above is true, then Thank God, I never have to worry about them showing up at my house and think I am running a dog fighting ring, or own a dog fighting dog, and I will never be accused by anyone of starving Mollie. :D
    Last edited by Mollie's Nana; 12-02-2008 at 08:16 PM.

  8. #8
    i have to say i agree with NC prison guard the dogs more than likely weren't starved even though I don't particulary like the game side, that is what these dogs were bred to do look at what the standard is based on A GAME or Pit dog even for show. And let's not forget it used to be legal in this country. Hell some of the most well known dogmen in the bizz hold conformation shows. Those guys that got busted deserved it because for not keeping their circle tight. That's what makes conformation fun for me i can work or condition my dog like we're going to the box but instead we are going to conformation and pull shows KICKING $#@!

  9. #9
    Exactly.. :D


    Quote Originally Posted by Quillez View Post
    i have to say i agree with NC prison guard the dogs more than likely weren't starved even though I don't particulary like the game side, that is what these dogs were bred to do look at what the standard is based on A GAME or Pit dog even for show. And let's not forget it used to be legal in this country. Hell some of the most well known dogmen in the bizz hold conformation shows. Those guys that got busted deserved it because for not keeping their circle tight. That's what makes conformation fun for me i can work or condition my dog like we're going to the box but instead we are going to conformation and pull shows KICKING $#@!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    Megs they were most likely conditioned and not starved... see in the animal rights freaks eyes.. if you see any trace of a rib at all you are starving your dog. If your dog has a nice tuck... you're starving him... if you control the amount of food you feed.. you are starving him.




    Marnutian.... I'd love for you to see my dogs or any of the MANY dogs that grace the show ring at the ADBA and AADR shows... these animals ARE NATURALLY ANIMAL AGGRESSIVE. So are you saying that everyone that owns a dog aggressive pit bull is abusive? These dogs have been bred for centuries to do combat... and the best combatants were bred... making combative puppies.. and so on.. its the nature of the beast.
    oh ya, I totally forgot about that. I just $#@!umed they knew the difference between conditioned and starved, lol. duh.

  11. #11
    Personally I hope the $#@!s fry. They were caught in the act so I don't want to hear any B.S excuses. I dont care if it was once legal. It was once legal to own a black man now we have one as the President. (whom I did not vote for by the way) Times change and you either change with them or get left behind or in these losers case go to jail:D. As for the stupid (close the circle) comment, there is no HONOR among thieves. If you are hanging out with lowlifes that will watch thier dog die for entertainment, they will certainly throw you under the bus when the heat is on. I am not trying to start a fight with you NC but I think you are living in the past. I do agree with you about the weight issue though. Hope I didn't ruffle you feathers to much.:)

  12. #12
    You didn't bother me at all.. Anyone that gets caught fighting dogs should go to jail. Its the ones that are accused of fighting... dogs are killed.. charges are dismissed.. that bothers me. You get caught with a bulldog between your legs... do your time. Its illegal..


    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDog View Post
    Personally I hope the $#@!s fry. They were caught in the act so I don't want to hear any B.S excuses. I dont care if it was once legal. It was once legal to own a black man now we have one as the President. (whom I did not vote for by the way) Times change and you either change with them or get left behind or in these losers case go to jail:D. As for the stupid (close the circle) comment, there is no HONOR among thieves. If you are hanging out with lowlifes that will watch thier dog die for entertainment, they will certainly throw you under the bus when the heat is on. I am not trying to start a fight with you NC but I think you are living in the past. I do agree with you about the weight issue though. Hope I didn't ruffle you feathers to much.:)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    near Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    45
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    Have a sneaky suspicion that they didn't "stumble" across the scene. I think someone snitched or there was an informant. Just proves that people aren't being as careful as they ought to.... keep their circle close.
    You regret they were caught? Sure sounds that way.

  14. #14
    Eppfaff... see its obvious you are trying to bait me into an argument. But you can't... because I've never once made any bones about it. I DO BELIEVE DOG MATCHING SHOULD BE LEGAL. I've said it many many times... I respect the dogmen of the old school that gave me that breed that I love so much, and I respect the dogmen of today that are staying true to the breed. Because I believe once the gameness is bred out it will cease to be the breed that I love. I've stated this many many many times and I understand that my opinion and my views on dog matching aren't with the mainstream. But I've always held true to my belief in these dogs.



    Quote Originally Posted by eppfaff View Post
    You regret they were caught? Sure sounds that way.

  15. #15
    i like this guy ^

    and there is a right way and a wrong way to do things.

    yes if you get caught you should go to jail. if you are abusing animals worse should happen.

    but abuse and use are two different things.

  16. #16
    Explain how they can legalize it and it not be cruel? If the dogs are fighting because they are in the wild & need to eat( live) etc...that's one thing.... because they have to fight( only the strong survive) but why do it for amusment, money ....?
    I only want to understand your reasoning? No Judgment.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,164
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    Have a sneaky suspicion that they didn't "stumble" across the scene. I think someone snitched or there was an informant. Just proves that people aren't being as careful as they ought to.... keep their circle close.
    LOL are you trying to give tips??

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hillsborough, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    1,164
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    If what I have in bold above is true, then Thank God, I never have to worry about them showing up at my house and think I am running a dog fighting ring, or own a dog fighting dog, and I will never be accused by anyone of starving Mollie. :D
    I always appreciate your Mollie fat jokes LOL

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    Eppfaff... see its obvious you are trying to bait me into an argument. But you can't... because I've never once made any bones about it. I DO BELIEVE DOG MATCHING SHOULD BE LEGAL. I've said it many many times... I respect the dogmen of the old school that gave me that breed that I love so much, and I respect the dogmen of today that are staying true to the breed. Because I believe once the gameness is bred out it will cease to be the breed that I love. I've stated this many many many times and I understand that my opinion and my views on dog matching aren't with the mainstream. But I've always held true to my belief in these dogs.
    That is an excellent response....I tend to agree that they rarely stumble across anything it was most likely reported and a rat involved.

  20. #20
    Personally I feel doing it for large sums of money and amusement are horrible and one of the reasons why its has become illegal. I do feel doing it for the betterment of the breed is not only a good thing but I feel its something that needs to be done. I've explained this many many times before.... but I'll knock out something short and sweet.

    American Pit Bull Terriers were created as a breed for one reason and one reason only... to do combat with other dogs. In man's attempt to come out with the ultimate dog combatant we developed the American pit Bull Terrier... thus why you see no fighting poodles or labs or what have you.. there were all tried and found lacking. I myself do not find it cruel to allow an animal to do what nature/instinct tell it to do. These animals are not taught to fight... they are not trained to fight. They are conditioned like any athlete would condition themselves before a contest.

    They could legalize it simply by coming up with a set of rules... (my choice would be Cajun Rules) But they come up with a set of rules to follow... you have medical staff on site (just like they did in the old days..some of them old guys know more than vets!) You set a limit on the amount of money placed on the fight... my personal favorite would be feed for a year. If it cost $500.00 to feed my dog and my dog whips yours.. you feed my dog for a year. And vice versa.. Now accidents will happen... animals will die during matches and at the end of matches.. but that is the chance that is taken with any athlete in any sport.

    Now is it cruel? I guess if you consider letting a dog do what its was created to do. In that case its cruel for a hunting dog to hunt. You'll never please everyone. One's man trash is another man's treasure... and just because one person views a dog as livestock/property.. doesn't make them wrong. Just like if someone views their dog a little furry four legged person. Just do you... don't worry about what goes on in someone's backyard and I won't worry what goes on in yours.


    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Explain how they can legalize it and it not be cruel? If the dogs are fighting because they are in the wild & need to eat( live) etc...that's one thing.... because they have to fight( only the strong survive) but why do it for amusment, money ....?
    I only want to understand your reasoning? No Judgment.

Similar Threads

  1. MS: Monroe County Dog Fighting Ring Busted Up
    By Vicki in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 09:22 PM
  2. MI: Dog-Fighting Ring Busted
    By Vicki in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-19-2010, 02:29 PM
  3. MD: Dog Fighting Ring Busted
    By Alma in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-31-2010, 10:10 PM
  4. Suspected dog-fighting ring busted
    By fearlessknight in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2008, 12:21 PM
  5. fighting ring busted in my state
    By amerptbull in forum General Dog Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 01:09 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

wilson nc pitbulls

who got busted in enfield n.c.

peoples in enfield north carolina who got busted their picture

Www.pitbull fight.com

Charles rives dog fighting rocky mount nc

www.pitbull fights.com

xxx pitbul fight.com

busted newspaper rocky mount nc

pit ring bust

men caught at dogfight in enfeild nc

best breed northcarolina game dog pitt bull

north carolina pitbull fights

dog fighting ring bust

www.pitbull dog fight.com

www.pitpull.fight.com

old school pitbull fights

pictures of pitbulls fighting ring

enfield nc drug bust

old school fighting dogs

drug bust in enfield n.c.

rives pits.com

Www.pitbul fihgt dog com

www.pitbullfights.com

www pitbull com fight

arrest in big pitbull fighting

pitbull fight got busted

www.pit bull fight.com

pitbull fighting rings in nc

Pitbull dog fighting bust in Halifax County VA

WWW.PITBULL DOG FIGHTING.COM

game old skhool pit bull dogdog fighting in rocky mountgalerie image pitbull fihtingdog fighting in rocky mount ncbig a busted on dog fighting

Bookmarks