Thread: Big nipples

Big nipples

Well woot is out of heat but her nippple have gotten swollen, does that have normally after a heat?

It could be a false pregnancy. That is what happened with Tess at the end of all of hers, and to Locus after her first one.

Images
    Mine to It'll go away mine did it after the first heat.

Images
    Sophie's swelled a lot after her heat expessially the first one. Her nipples never went back to normal.

well its not her actual nipple her nipples are small but its swollen around them does that make since?

Images
    Yep, totally normal to be larger. If they get a lot bigger than normal it could be a false pregnancy and she may get milk.

7. hokey dokey, this seems to be the right place for my question. The pit in question is 6 years old and has never been bred. Her nipples are swollen and she is also getting milk. She has positively never been bred. I am fairly sure it is a false pregnancy. That being said I was told that it was caused by a diet deficiency. I have no idea how to proceed and am researching anything I can find. Your forum really has the best info around in my opinion. Any help for my poor non-gravid milker?

8. No dietary connection that I'm aware of. It was my understanding that females who false have a greater risk of pyometra, a very nasty uterine infection that can be fatal if untreated.
    Not that it's my business, but if she's 6, and has never been bred, she probably shouldn't be. She's entered the age of higher risk pregnancies.

No correlation between diet and psuedopregnancy.

Psuedopregnancy is most common in dogs due to the continued elevation of progesterone in dogs even when not bred.

Human menstrual cycle and $#@!ociated hormonal changes:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/menstruation.htm

Canine cycle and hormones:

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotus...mal_canine.htm

Genevieve

How many days have passed since she 'finished' her heat?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlynsrose View Post
    hokey dokey, this seems to be the right place for my question. The pit in question is 6 years old and has never been bred. Her nipples are swollen and she is also getting milk. She has positively never been bred. I am fairly sure it is a false pregnancy. That being said I was told that it was caused by a diet deficiency. I have no idea how to proceed and am researching anything I can find. Your forum really has the best info around in my opinion. Any help for my poor non-gravid milker?
    Dogs often display all the signs of pregnancy after a heat, getting milk locating a suitable den. This is very normal even if the belly swells up. It all goes away in a few weeks.
    I had a boxer who did this after every season until she was eight and she was never bred.

old thread woots nipples are fine now :)