Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

whats the best home remedy to stop a puppy from eating his own $#@!

just got a pup 7 weeks old thought there was something wrong with him because he wasn't $#@!ting turns out hes been eating it all along.lol his breath is horrible brushed his teeth but it doesn't help.i watch him during the day,but when i wake up i never see any $#@!.lol

Pick up the sh*t after he sh*ts...

Adolph's Meat Tenderizer sprinkled on his food.

Scoop the yard each time after he poops.

Add pineapple chunks to its feed is what I heard, I'm going to try that next ;)

cage train him. Dogs do not like to poo where they sleep, if that doesnt work u can even feed in his cage. Dogs dont like to poo where they eat either.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
    Scoop the yard each time after he poops.
    Yes, I agree that is the #1 and cheapest way to stop it.

Images
    Either scoop after he poops, or add the meat tenderizer. The vet can give you something to sprinkle on his food to deter him from eating his poop, but I'd try one of the other two remedies first. :)

I just noticed that this is a very young puppy. Have you had this pup seen by a vet yet? Has the pup had a fecal check done to check for intestinal parasites and/or worms? Is he vaccinated yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
    I just noticed that this is a very young puppy. Have you had this pup seen by a vet yet? Has the pup had a fecal check done to check for intestinal parasites and/or worms? Is he vaccinated yet?
    i just picked him up saturday he had his first set of shots and was wormed hes set to get his booster on the 24th.

11. Pick up once he is done with his business. Coprophagia (eating $#@!) can be a learned behavior from the mother (keeping the "den" clean), or the pup is eating his crap to redigest it to get the most nutrients out of there food. Some animals will eat their parents feces to get needed enzymes and bacteria needed for proper digestion.

There are products you can add like the meat tenderizer that was mentioned or Distaste,or similiar product, that are made for dogs. Probiotics will help if it is a digestive, nutrient issue.

Pineapple. Or one of the commercial products for coprophagy.

13. The funny thing about pineapple is it will work because of the digestive enzyme Bromelain. With out getting to complex bromelain is a digestive enzyme that $#@!ists in the breakdown and digestion of protein. You can also get Bromelain in a pill or powder and it can be found in general probiotic formulas.

I'm trying the pineapple gave him his first serving this morning ill let you know how it works out.

Images
    Did your pup eat the pineapple willingly?? I don't think I could get Mollie to eat it, but I've never tried, so who knows. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post
    Did your pup eat the pineapple willingly?? I don't think I could get Mollie to eat it, but I've never tried, so who knows. :p
    yeah he ate it right up.

Solid Gold has a product called S.E.P {Stop Eating Poop} Seriously. lol

lol Indy loves any type of fruit. She begs for it, even pineapple.

Also, I'd heard that pineapple works really well for poo eating dogs. Another thing to think about is what type of food your feeding your dog. If it's a cheaper lower quality food, you pup may not be getting all the nutrition from it because it gets digested quickly, which means your dog will one poop more than have larger poop, and two the poop will smell more like the food.

You might find this site helpful http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_f...ndex.php/cat/1

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie's Nana View Post

Quote Originally Posted by firedrake13 View Post
    lol Indy loves any type of fruit. She begs for it, even pineapple.

Also, I'd heard that pineapple works really well for poo eating dogs. Another thing to think about is what type of food your feeding your dog. If it's a cheaper lower quality food, you pup may not be getting all the nutrition from it because it gets digested quickly, which means your dog will one poop more than have larger poop, and two the poop will smell more like the food.

You might find this site helpful http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_f...ndex.php/cat/1
    he was given puppy chow by the breeder which i know is a $#@!ty food I'm slowly switching him to nutra-max.my other dog has been on it for a while now and i cant be happier with it.i think if I'm not mistaken it got like a b- on that review but its a good food for the money and a hell of a lot better then the $#@! that i eat lol.

Just curious, is the pineapple working? Are you using canned or fresh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast