1. Can i mix ACV and Coconut oil

Just wanted to check in and made sure i was doing the right thing before i end up instead of helping Dymus my pit to hurting him by mixing the content into his food mix. Would it be ok to mix apple cider with coconut oil in his food mix ? as of right now i am feeding him 2 1/2 cups of California Natural chicken meal and rice with at least 2 tbls of California canned, any suggestion would be helpful. Thanks :)

Do you know what the purpose of those two ingredients are? I've never heard of any reason to feed that to a dog.

3. I read about acv here and did a extensive research threw google about acv and what the purpose does, it has multiple purposes... im not sure if i can link this here but here goes nothing, http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/acvfordogs.html
    http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...ht=apple+cider here http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthre...ht=apple+cider

you can do a search on both google them or just search here on this website, coconut oil is suppose to be good for the coat and skin and acv is suppose to be good for allergys and other thing such as ses for ACV are the prevention of muscle weakness, cramps, feeling the cold, calluses on elbows and hock joints, constipation, bruising too easily, pimples on skin surfaces, twitching of facial muscles, sore joints, arthritis and pus in the urine. There are also reports that it is useful in the prevention of bladder and kidney stones. Fleas, flies, ticks and bacteria, external parasites, ring worm, fungus, staphylococcus, streptococcus, pneumococcus, mange, etc., are unlikely to inhabit a dog whose system is acidic inside and out, Read from earth clinic if you search the web their is nothing but good reviews on both products. I just wanted to know if mixing these 2 can be harmful for my pooch anyone know? Has anyone tried to mix both?

My suggestion would be to consult with a holistic veterinarian, or at least check veterinary reference guides (I like Dr. Pitcairn's and Dr. Pasternak's).

5. Thanks i'll check those out.

6. I think through evolution,,,,dogs can get what they need to eat,,,,
    I am not sure that coconut anything counts!!!!!!!!!!

We are talking about dogs here,,,,,aren't we?

Be real and look back,,,,,

Kellie

7. So what if they are dogs... by reading and doing research i found that many vets and trainers use coconut oil to feed or use as a topical for dogs to treat skin problems and for shinny coats i am not asking for opinions with people that do not have knowledge on this subject, But thanks for your advice. I was just asking if you can mix both in the food and has anyone tried it that is all. As of now i am not mixing both i am just using the acv for his allergies and the other advantages it comes with.
    Last edited by Dymus Maximus; 11-15-2008 at 12:13 PM.

8. when using acv make sure its the organic raw unfiltered kind rather than the grocery store kind. you can read up on the differences between the two. i heard that the raw form is the one that works best.

9. Dymus,
    Both ingredients are fine to feed your dog. To much oil and you may end up with the squirts. The most important thing to understand when using these two supplements or any supplements is understanding what they are used for and what type to use. For example using filetered pasturized ACV and hydrogenated Coconut oil would be useless and a waste of your money. What is the reason you want to add these supplements?
    Info links for ACV, I also recommend the bragg brand. You can take the acv for yourself as well or use it in a dressing.
    http://www.bragg.com/products/vinegarPets.html
    http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/acvfordogs.html

Not all coconut oils are the same and quality can vary greatly even between "organic" and cold-pressed virgin oils.
    http://nutiva.com/products/10_coconut.php

Cold pressed virgin coconut oil is about 50 percent lauric acid, a rare medium-chain fatty acid found in mother's milk that supports healthy metabolism and is now being studied for its anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial health-protecting properties. Overall, coconut oil contains 92% saturated fats, and only 1% Omega-6, the fat Americans get way too much of.

One of the “good fats” that makes up about 50% of coconut oil, is lauric acid. Lauric acid is a rare medium-chain fatty acid found in mother's milk. It is now being shown to have anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial health-protecting properties. Some researchers predict that lauric acid will one day become as well known in health circles as Omega-3 is today.
    As studies reveal the downsides of consuming too many Omega-6 vegetable oils with their saturated fatty acids, coconut oil is making a comeback. We suggest consuming 3 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil a day.
    Last edited by lunadogge; 11-18-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: link

10. Coconut oil for pitbulls? Absolutely! And that goes the same for other animals as well. What coconut oil can do for humans, it can and it will for our beloved pitbulls, etc.

Coconut oil is unique because it's predominantly medium chain fatty acids (MCFA). Almost all other dietary oils or fats are mostly long chain fatty acids (LCFA). MCFA-rich coconut go straight to the liver to help power metabolism. Coconut oil is PRO-Energy, NOT PRO-Fat.

Cheers,
    CoconutOilGuy
    www.coconut-oil-central.com
    Your Drugstore in a Bottle