Thread: Hair Loss

Images

Unhappy Hair Loss

Now I know why China has been scratching her back so much. I have been brushing her twice a day for two weeks and the hair just keeps on coming. Could she just be still losing winter hair or could it be harmonal from losing her pups. Is their a suplement of some kind to give her along with her feed to help stop it, or, is a good thing to loose all your hair?

Question

try some omega 3 fish oil pills. found at walmart or meijers and cvs walgreesn type place.. my dog stopped shedding after that.. 2 a day for the first week . then one there after

NuStock. :)

Images
    Is she on a Flea prevenive? Is the hairloss in a specific area. Brushing to frequently can cause irratation as well. What kind of brush are you using? Is her skin red or dry and flaky? Is there a rash anywhere. Does her skin have an oder? How often are you bathing her?

Could even be a flea allergy. Even if you haven't seen any, it only takes one of the little buggers to cause a reaction.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
    Could even be a flea allergy. Even if you haven't seen any, it only takes one of the little buggers to cause a reaction.
    Thats why I asked if she was on a flea preventative.:)

Scratching and hairloss can be from so many different things. From Diet to hormones to parasitic to allergies to............. the list goes on.

Ah, sorry Cynthia. I thought you were referring to bad reactions to the chemical itself. Didn't mean to repeat you =)

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel View Post
    Ah, sorry Cynthia. I thought you were referring to bad reactions to the chemical itself. Didn't mean to repeat you =)
    LOL naw your good. :) But I have also seen that as well.

It is hard to tell without seing the dog. But when in doubt get a Vet to look at it.

Images
    No bathing, some scratching, no redness or swelling. Is on Frontline Plus.
    Am giving her Brewers yeast with omega 3. She is just shedding. I have one of those two sided brushes with the wire and bristles. It comes out twice a day when I brush her and it's about 1/2 cup full. :confused:

10. You could also try Missing Link

Images
    My seven month old Pit Bull(Lucy) has been going through some hair loss problems too. I know she doesn't have fleas, No dry scaling skin at all. No red spots either. I'm just getting an increased amount of shedding right now and want to stop problem before it gets any worse.

Because Lucy is healthy for the most part, I think I will try the Omega 3 Fish oil pills and hope for the best!

I would use a rubber brush like a Zoom Groom or a rubber curry brush.

Give salmon oil, or cod liver oil, or vitamin E supplements. Missing Link, etc.

Take a look at the food you are feeding. May be a food/flea/environmental allergy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DulcethePitBull View Post
    I would use a rubber brush like a Zoom Groom or a rubber curry brush.

Give salmon oil, or cod liver oil, or vitamin E supplements. Missing Link, etc.

Take a look at the food you are feeding. May be a food/flea/environmental allergy.
    the amazing thing here is my dog is absolutely free if any fleas whatsoever. So is my property come to think of it. I think it's a stress related problem that can be easily remedied, or at least I hope so?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Puna Pit Bull View Post
    My seven month old Pit Bull(Lucy) has been going through some hair loss problems too. I know she doesn't have fleas, No dry scaling skin at all. No red spots either. I'm just getting an increased amount of shedding right now and want to stop problem before it gets any worse.

Because Lucy is healthy for the most part, I think I will try the Omega 3 Fish oil pills and hope for the best!
    Your pup is probably "blowing" her puppy coat and her adult coat is growing in. That usually happens around her age. :)