1. Help me... Dog won't eat or go to the bathroom

I just got an adorable puppy... She's at 11 weeks and doesn't appear to be eating what so ever but she does crap, and will eat a very tiny bit maybe late at night. Plus when I sit her outside to use the restroom, she just doesn't go... I'm lucky if I close the door, let her whine a bit then she goes, and will come back to whine she is done.

I'm feeding her Purina Puppy Chow Large Breed Formula, and keeping both the water and food topped off.... and out all the time for her to eat whenever she feels like it. Please tell me what I need to do to work on both these issues!

She is being crate trained, during the day while we are all gone she is left in her crate, and as soon as one person comes home she's let out to use the bathroom and play.

What am i doing wrong? Please help.:(

Please take your puppy to the vet asap. What you are describing can be symptomatic of any number of serious issues, and with a pup that young I wouldn't take any chances.

3. Couldn't it just be she's nervous?
    I just got her two days ago, and when she was at her other house she was eating all the time...

Images
    is it just not eating? is she drinking?

maybe she doesnt like the food?

to be safe if she still isnt eating i would take her to the vet

She might not like her feed. I have a dog that turns her nose at Purina. Maybe try getting the brand she was on before?

6. As suggested I would take her to the vet. Puppies that age are prone to a number of things. I would also suggest you change her to a better feed. IMHO Purina Puppy Chow is one of the worse foods you could feed. Here is a link to look for a better food.
    http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/

Here is how your feed is rated, it is a star 1
    http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_f...t=1841&cat=all

Also is she up to date on her shots and has she been de-wormed? I would also suggest that to aid in house training that food not be left down for her at night. I made the mistake of free feeding Rocky, now he is somewhat over weight.

I feed my pup Wellness puppy food, she gets fed in the morning before I go to work. I then leave her with just a handful of kibble for her to have while I am at work then she gets fed again in the afternoon when I get home. But I really would take your puppy to the vet and have her checked out and get her updated on her shots if not already,......

Images
    when my puppy was real young i fed him nutro he would never eat the food in 1 sitting i thought that was his normal until i changed his food to a better one and he ate the same amount in minutes....sometimes dogs just dont like their feed but she may need to see the doctor there might be something else

I would take a new pup to the vet for a check up. Does she have her shots?
    It is possible she doesnt like the food. I'd go with something better like wellness. or one of the others that are talked about on this forum alot.
    But first things first, get her to the vet. No ifs ands or buts! ;)

I agree that a vet visit is in order here. There are so many variables, that it's best to explain everything to your vet (when you got her, where you got her, from whom you got her, her vaccination history..if the breeder could not produce proof of vaccinations, your dog was NOT vaccinated, fecal check history, etc.).

see the vet for sure, but once this first thing is figured out change her food! first off she does not need ot be on a large breed formula secondly purina blows, pure and simple.

Images
    Ok I said this in another thread...this is what I call the Predator rule.
    After she has been with you 48 to 72 hours depending on each indivdual pup she will eat and go potty fine. That seems to be how long it takes a puppy to feel safe and decide you are not going to eat them.
    At least that is what has happened with the 46 puppies I have fostered in the last year and a half. My numbers keep going up I just got a couple more pups. This rule does not apply if the puppy comes to my house with litter mates. Only lone pups act this way.
    There is something terribly wrong with me I have not slept alnight in the last year and a half. I also do at least 2 loads of washing a day for the puppies but still can't seem to get cured of the need for puppy breath. God puppies are wonderful!!!

Images
    I agree. You should always take a new pup to the vet ASAP to make sure they are as healthy as they possibly could be at this point (no physical defects, heart and lungs sound clear....). Also get her started on a vaccine series. The not eating could be a nervous thing but you should get her in for an exam no matter what. She could have more serious issues.

13. U should go to the vet just to be safe. Then if all is well u could try a diffrent food or just see what she was eating and try that.

Images
    I'm with everyone else about the vet visit. She could be in the beginning stages of Parvo if she hasn't had her first round of puppy shots. Once that kicks in, she will go downhill fast. Please keep us posted, and good luck! :)

Images
    Any updates on the condition of the pup? Have you started switching over the Purina to a higher quality kibble? You can get Wellness at PetCo, or even Dick Van Patten kibble would be a better choice than Purina, in my opinion. Please update us.:o