Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Pit Bulls

1. Jeep Pit Bulls

Can someone tell me about this bloodline? I have just been told that this bloodline exist. So I am looking for information about the traits of this line of Pits and where it originated from. Anything anyone can tell me would be great.

:o missygirl

Jeep is one of the most common bloodlines. The dog Jeep was a successful fighting dog in the late 1970s and 1980s, who also had very successful offspring. Here's his pedigree:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...igree&dog_id=2

No offsense Running with Bulls, but that Classic Pit Bulls site is a bunch of hogwash. They might have some good info on Jeep; I haven't looked so I don't know. But overall, some kid playing con artist with pics of other peoples' dogs. Good Jeep info can probably be found on this very forum. I know we've got a history section that's always having new stuff put in it.

You can find info on Jeep and James Crenshaw (his owner) on this forum as well as alot of his offspring. You can also find info on HIs dam Honeybunch (she was a eli/carver/loposay dog and info on Maurice Carver, Floyd Boudreaux). His sire is Finley's BO and you can read about his ancestor's and history in the forums APBT forum as well.

5. the game bred sometime looks neglected

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

cool
    Last edited by CoolHandJean; 02-14-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Neglected? In what way?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandJean View Post
    Neglected? In what way?
    I suppose since most game bred dogs aren't fat couch potatoes, and are lean and in what we see as good shape, chain weight or otherwise, he or she probably thinks that is neglect... Most pet owners call it cruelty to see a dog with some rib showing, or on a chain.

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Heck, the dead bitch in my signature? I had someone tell me that she was far too skinny. And I think she could have lost a few.

But they often have pretty average coats and they look like they have lived under the elements. I've seen poorly cared for dogs which haven't looked too dissimilar to actively sporting dogs.

game dogs have a perfect build in every way they are low maintenace and have the least health problems when kept outside, as soon as you raise them inside theyll devlope food allergy, weight issues, and even dander problems

I agree, most people think a dog is neglected if ribs are visible, but these are often people uneducated in the world of working dogs. Pet dogs are typically heavier, with more fat pad than a conditioned working dog. A conditioned APBT should show ribs (not to an extreme), but no hipbones. Many APBTs have a "chainweight" as well as a "conditioned weight", they are often within 5lbs of each other, with the conditioned weight being the lower value.
    Most working dogs (of any breed) are kept in such atheletic condition, because it takes a lot of work from both the handler and the dog to achieve such results.
    The difference is like that of an olympic runner (or a pro boxer, lol), and your average, healthy human of the same sex.

Most game-bred APBTs have Jeep in their pedigree, many have him multiple times, since he was a very popular producer. MJ, for example, has Jeep 7 times in her 7gen pedigree.
    Last edited by 4PawsK9Svcs; 03-11-2010 at 01:49 AM.

11. so where did jeep originate from & how did he die?

Quote Originally Posted by kerryevans2008 View Post
    so where did jeep originate from & how did he die?
    jeep died @ 13 from old age....originated from http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...igree&dog_id=2

aww jeep died one year before i was born

TRIM YOUR DOGS NAILS BEFORE I BRING IT UP Land, right next to MD
    Images
    Why would you want to keep your pittie outside on a chain?? I would LOVE to see how you would feel outside o n a chain... BRING THEM INSIDE AND THEY HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS?? Ill hafta do some research for i am not sayin thats not true... but just seems a bit much to keep a dog outside ALL THE TIME ON A CHAIN...

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    Why would you want to keep your pittie outside on a chain?? I would LOVE to see how you would feel outside o n a chain... BRING THEM INSIDE AND THEY HAVE HEALTH PROBLEMS?? Ill hafta do some research for i am not sayin thats not true... but just seems a bit much to keep a dog outside ALL THE TIME ON A CHAIN...
    excuse me but ALL of my outside dogs PREFER being on a chain. they arent humans, im so SICK of people thinking dogs are humans.

never had a dog more than 50% jeep....that bloods been crossed with almost, if not everything. have had some good jeep/rb dogs
    Last edited by Lee D; 04-02-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    I don't own a pittie, I own an American Pit Bull Terrier and they need to be safely contained on chains. If I were to let my dogs run loose they would kill each other or worse, kill the neighbors dogs. I don't own cuddly little fuzz muppets.I own real dogs and its $#@! buts like you that are so dead set against chaining that help to $#@! things up for everyone else.
    So do us a favor and open $#@!,,insert head.

18. Quote Originally Posted by brindlexpitt View Post
    excuse me but ALL of my outside dogs PREFER being on a chain. they arent humans, im so SICK of people thinking dogs are humans.
    I have one that given the choice where she wants to be, will run to her chain spot,and sit and wait to be hooked up.

Oh wait, that's just so cruel...she should be laying on the couch watching Oprah and eating bon bons. :D

19. Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    Dig up a 3 year old thread just to show your trollness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast