Images

protien powder for pitbull

hey hows it going everybody...i was just wondering if i were to sprinkle some protien powder in their food, would it be bad for them? would it harm them in any way or would it help them put on muscle m$#@!? please give some feedbacks as soon as possible thanks.
    max

boloo.... I would not do this. Your dogs digestive track is not designed for the protein you will find in powders. (mainly Whey and milk c$#@!.) MUCH better to choose a high meat protein food.

Images
    Good post Dragonshade :) welcome to the forum by the way Boloo65 your my neighbor :) i am also from anaheim. if you want your dog to have more protein in its diet (which i personally dont see a probelm with much to the disagreement of many people) you need to get a food with a higher protein content such as Blue Buffalo Wilderness (my favorite) or Innova Evo. You need to look at the bag of dog food most have 20-27% Protein the Blue buffalo wilderness and Innova evo have a protein content of 42% Wilderness is sold at Petsmart and you can get Evo at Anaheim Feed. Also once you get your dog on a higher protein food and you want to get muscle you need to conditon your dog with excercise depeneding on your dogs age...if your dog is a puppy I would just let him play that is good enough but if he is a little bit older you can work him with a springpole or a flirt pole or i would even say take him running or use a treadmill and you can still let him do regular play also. Do you havea picture of your dog?

Images

baloo

yea ill put some pics up...the pic i have on my profile is when i just got him...but is much bigger know

Images
    I would just read the labels of the food you buy, and go with the one that has a higher protein content, if I were you. I look for lower protein for Mollie, and reading labels, I found some that were really high. It's harder to find kibble with a lower protein content. Good luck, and lets see some pics!! :)

Images
    actually low protein and high carbs is more common :(