Innova vs. Innova Evo...huge difference?

Hey I was just wondering if there was a huge difference between these two. Right now I have Apollo on Innova Large Breed puppy (Purple bag).

Evo has way too much protein in it for a puppy.

Oh alright. So I should keep him on Innova then switch him to Evo as he gets older?

How is your pup and how much does he weigh? I think just regular Innova should be fine not large breed. APBT are not consider to be a large breed. If you want to switch to EVO, then switch him at a year.

Apollo is doing well. I'm guessing he weighs around 30 pounds now at 4 months. Full of energy and loves to eat EVERYTHING. He has a vet appointment on Thursday because I think he has Demodex :(.

Boogieman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by roca04 View Post
    Apollo is doing well. I'm guessing he weighs around 30 pounds now at 4 months. Full of energy and loves to eat EVERYTHING. He has a vet appointment on Thursday because I think he has Demodex :(.
    Holy smokes! :eek: 4 months old and 30 pounds!!!!!!!!

7. I am going to switch my puppy over to innova from canidae. He is 7 months and around 50-55 lbs. Think evo is to much for him still?

I would not feed EVO to any dog under one year of age. Innova Puppy formula and Innova EVO are two entirely different formulations, with different ingredients.

I tried to post all the ingredients, but the post was too long. Follow this link to the Natura site and can view the ingredients for both products.

http://www.evopet.com/products/default.asp?id=1488

Boogie, that would just be my estimate. He was 18 pounds 4 weeks ago and he has gotten a lot bigger since his last visit. I will know for sure tomorrow though. I had him on Purina Pro Plan since that was what the breeder was feeding the pups, but I did some research and I switched him to Innova and he loves it. My roommate has an 11 week Doberman and he was very picky about food. He wanted nothing to do with Solid Gold so now they are both on Innova.

Dooley is 5 months and weighted 40# yesterday :)

Gaud... I've had horrible luck with Innova and Evo. They just cause a liquid poop fest here. Well, actually the Healthwise by Innova has been ok.