Thread: White dog nails

Question White dog nails

My bully has some black & some white nails. The white nails seam to get damaged a lot. Doest anyone have suggestions to strengthen the nail?

George Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie's mom View Post
    My bully has some black & some white nails. The white nails seam to get damaged a lot. Doest anyone have suggestions to strengthen the nail?
    How old is the dog?
    The reason I ask is when my Oreo was a pup he had some white nails they grew out to be black as he got older.

I would just keep them trimmed.

In my experience, white nails are the softest. When you say damaged, what exactly do you mean?

Her nails split, crack or break. I think it is because of the deck but I can't fence in my yard. She mostly is in a fenced in area that is on or around my deck. She doesn't walk on pavement much. She is not crazy about her nails being clipped either. I might try one of the dremel grinders to keep them short. She never breaks a black nail.

White nails tend to be softer then black nails. You could try keeping them trimmed down, but also if shes younger puppyish her nails may be softer aswell.

Images
    that's cause the black nails are made of concrete....lol... at least it seems that way when I try to trim Mollie's.....lol

Try putting a paving slab where her water bowl is or a few if you can. This should help keep her nails down naturally without cutting them. How long are they?