Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what kind of female to breed my boy with gotti/razors edge?

Hi everyone, i have a five month old blue boy gotti/razors edge bloodline ukc reg. I want to eventually breed him so im wondering what breed female i should look for? Should i stay with gotti/razors edge?? He just turned 5 months and hes already almost 50 pounds. thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000 009.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	1359  

2. If you are not breeding to better/preserve this breed, you should not be breeding. If you have to come on a forum and ask what you should breed your dog with, please don't breed. JMHO

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    What reasons do you have for breeding your dog?

Same question here.

Man another troll.. what is up with this place lately? Can we put up an anti gotti/RE/ more bully crap filter on this site? We're all going to get a bad name with these people hanging around. None of them come to learn anything about APBTs.. they are all happy with their bullybred mutts... why aren't they checking out ABKC websites and leave this place alone? Sorry if I'm out of line but damn.. its everyday now with these people.

Images
    Hello and welcome. Like Michele posted check out the breeder's code of ethics. And we all have high expectations fro our dogs. And at 5 months it is way to early to know if he will be breeding material. Just because a dog has papers does not mean it is worth breeding. I would get involved in your local UKC club. Talk to people. Get a mentor. And have a judge look over your dog and see what they say. His faults and his good points.

As far as bloodlines. Do some research. It takes a LONG time to learn what works best. And it is not something you do all willy nilly.

Quote Originally Posted by pantera View Post
    Hi everyone, i have a five month old blue boy gotti/razors edge bloodline ukc reg. I want to eventually breed him so im wondering what breed female i should look for? Should i stay with gotti/razors edge?? He just turned 5 months and hes already almost 50 pounds. thanks

Is your dog breeding quality? Is your dog a purebred?

If not, get him or her neutered. If he is purebred -- ask yourself these questions: Where did you get him; from a pet store, an animal shelter or you found it, get it neutered.

If you got it from a breeder, did you get a three- to five-generation pedigree with your dog? If not, get it neutered. Are there at least four titled dogs, (conformation, tracking, obedience, etc.) in the last three generations, and if not, get him neutered.

If you have these titles, does he have a stable temperament, does he fit the breed standard and is he healthy and certified (OFA, CERF) free of genetic diseases. If he/she meets all the requirements, there is one more consideration.

You may have a dog of breeding quality. "However, if you are not active in showing or working your dog, think very carefully about your reason for breeding. Breeding should be done to improve the breed, not so the kids can see puppies being born or because you want a puppy from this dog. And never breed to make money selling puppies. Don't breed out of greed."

You should breed him to SPCA Kennel's Snip. I here that's one hell of a bitch to breed to, especially for Gotti/RE dogs. Anybody that has a Gotti/RE dog should breed to Snip. It just makes sense.

Images

9. Quote Originally Posted by NcPrisonGuard View Post
    Man another troll.. what is up with this place lately? Can we put up an anti gotti/RE/ more bully crap filter on this site? We're all going to get a bad name with these people hanging around. None of them come to learn anything about APBTs.. they are all happy with their bullybred mutts... why aren't they checking out ABKC websites and leave this place alone? Sorry if I'm out of line but damn.. its everyday now with these people.
    Haters......not all gotti/re come from hung papers. Obviously if the guy is asking questions, he wants to learn. How bout enlightening people, so we can actually make the breed better, rather than hating and ridiculing, making generalized comments. Seems like your the one who needs to learn about APBT's.

Not everyone who asks questions is truly open to the answers.

My answer is that after your dog is a show GRCH, after he's obtained one or two working titles, after he's passed his OFA health screenings, then try to find a similarly-bred female who has the same accomplishments. And call the puppies American Bullies.

11. Yep, Most, not all RE dogs, are American Bullies. So far from what I have seen all Gotti dogs are American Bullies. If they plan to breed them, they should register with the ABKC, and get involved with shows or weight pulls or whatever the ABKC does, and get some titles. Also, make sure the temperament is sound. And as Baha has said, get health screenings, because American Bullies tend to have a lot of health problems. So, if he did that, he can possibly one of the first Responsible American Bully owners/breeders. But also, as Baha, called the dog the breed it is, not an APBT, but an AmBully.

12. NO DISCRIMINATION PLEASE! NOT fair-uncalled for! Besides, isnt this a fairly old post?

13. Where is the discrimination?

14. Against Gotti/RE, some people like these lines, or own these lines.

Images
    You will have to get used to these questions because any good owner of a proven DAM should ask you the same questions and require the same conditions to breed no matter what bloodline your pup (the key word for now) is.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWiz3721 View Post
    Haters......not all gotti/re come from hung papers. Obviously if the guy is asking questions, he wants to learn. How bout enlightening people, so we can actually make the breed better, rather than hating and ridiculing, making generalized comments. Seems like your the one who needs to learn about APBT's.
    Regardless what people's opinions are, you cannot make the APBT breed better by breeding these lines, and as was said, if you have to come to a chat forum to ask what to breed with what, then it is, or should be, a clear indicator that you need not be breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by pitchik View Post
    NO DISCRIMINATION PLEASE! NOT fair-uncalled for! Besides, isnt this a fairly old post?
    Excuse me please.....but are you mental?

17. Are you?

Can we put up an anti gotti/RE/ more bully crap filter on this site

That is not discriminating ???

I have an RE dog, and Inaturally that phrase is discriminating to me and anyone who owns one.

Anyways-old post. I realized it after I asked that people PLEASE not discriminate-

I just asked-it is not too much to ask that ones dogs not get constantly bashed because of someones beliefs or views on the bloodline. One's views is not everyones views. That's all-no need for name calling either.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pitchik View Post
    Are you?

Can we put up an anti gotti/RE/ more bully crap filter on this site

That is not discriminating ???

I have an RE dog, and Inaturally that phrase is discriminating to me and anyone who owns one.

Anyways-old post. I realized it after I asked that people PLEASE not discriminate-

I just asked-it is not too much to ask that ones dogs not get constantly bashed because of someones beliefs or views on the bloodline. One's views is not everyones views. That's all-no need for name calling either.
    I agree......completely! But breeding "these" dogs will never help the APBT breed....yes this is an old post! :)

19. Oh I thought you meant one of the recent post were discriminatory.

Calling them crap, okay, I see your problem.

But they aren't APBT, it's not a dig at them. It's just the truth. They are American Bullies. Some RE are the exception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast