Images

Unhappy My 4 month old female pit is lossing weight Heelllppp

Hey Guys
    i just bought this female pit 3 weeks ago from a friend, upon buying her i had to leave her at my moms house in order for me to get her kannel ready for her, finally last weekend i brought her home but she seem to not be eating her normal serving honsetly she isnt eating half the amount she normally does, I had her ears clipped when she was at my moms house could that also be a reason why ?

The kannel is made off new lumber and she got her parvo shout already

Ok here the thing do you guys think me having her ears done and moving her around in such a short time is having a effect on her eating habbits?

Also i have a 3 month old male pupp (parvo treated) that my new female meet when she arrived at my house could this also be adding to her not eating as usual

Any opinion or suggestion will be highly appreciated am desperate guys she lossing weight.:confused:

2. did you make sure you bleached everything when the dog had parvo?

3. I'm not an expert but there seems to be alot this puppy has had to adjust to in a short time. I would have her seen by a vet and maybe keep the pups environmkent consistent for a while.

Images
    I would make an appmt to get her to the vet for a recheck asap.

That dog needs to see a vet asap. One vaccination does not prevent your dog from getting parvo. 2 vaccinations may not prevent your pup from getting parvo.

And unless you bleached every single blade of gr$#@! and every single surface and corner in and around your house, then parvo is still found in your yard and in your house.

The reasons are numerous as to what is wrong with your pup. It could be anything from stress to intestinal parasites (which can also kill the dog) to a deadly virus (parvo, distemper, corona, etc.)

None of us can tell you what is wrong and none of us can tell you how to treat the dog. The dog needs to see a vet pronto.

Images
    i even bought PURINA BENIFUL DOG chow for her because the guy i bought her from said that was what she was eating when he had her.

7. Mia gave the best advice...see a vet PRONTO. The kid of dog food is irrelevant

8. I'd definately see a vet, as well. In an attempt to perk her appetite (AFTER the vet visit) you can try satin balls. Here's the recipe I use...

http://www.njboxers.com/satin-balls-recipe.htm

Images
    Hey thanks guys

Oh i really want to try the recipe but could i substitue Unsulferd Mol$#@! and the unflavored gelatin for anything, see those ingredients are not availabe here in Belize what could i do?

10. Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GHOST View Post
    Hey thanks guys

Oh i really want to try the recipe but could i substitue Unsulferd Mol$#@! and the unflavored gelatin for anything, see those ingredients are not availabe here in Belize what could i do?
    There's no jello or anything there? Moll$#@! should be available world-wide. Check your local markets for that stuff. They say unflavored, but in a pinch you can use the flavored if you dog isn't picky. Please, get the pup to a vet as well.

Images
    Ok i am taking her to the vet in the morning i already made an appointment. I also found the mol$#@! i dont know if its unsulfered all i know is that it is use in sugar processing here in Belize, the jello i can find
    what flavor should i use perferably:)

Quote Originally Posted by SPACE GHOST View Post
    Ok i am taking her to the vet in the morning i already made an appointment. I also found the mol$#@! i dont know if its unsulfered all i know is that it is use in sugar processing here in Belize, the jello i can find
    what flavor should i use perferably:)
    Ooh yeah it is hard to find some stuff in Belize...and it costs an arm and a leg as I remember. :) Good luck finding the Jello.

Images
    I visited the vet she is eating now guys thanks

Thanks for the update.

Images

Question Can anyone School me on Lixotinic

Hey Guys
    My cousin came in from United States yesterday and his wife breeds dogs he saw my dogs and suggested that i get a gallon of Lixotinic, i explained to him my dogs already seen the vet and they are healthy he said Lixotinic well help bulk them up i told him there just 5 months old but he still insisted i just want to know your opinions and if its ok to give puppies this supplement i never herd off it before Whats the Deal??????:confused:

Images
    If the vet says the pup is OK and is now eating properly I wouldn't use it. JMO

this was the info I found on it through a quick search:
    http://www.calvetsupply.com/browsepr...---16-oz..HTML

http://www.pfizerah.com/product_over...=EN&species=EQ
    Last edited by Patch O' Pits; 08-14-2008 at 07:18 PM.

To be quite honest just because he's a breeder does't mean he knows jack. If your dogs are eating fine and the vet says they are fine I would recomend not worrying about the supplement. If your vet recomends it I would look into it.

Images
    [quote=SPACE GHOST;126852]Hey Guys
    i just bought this female pit 3 weeks ago from a friend, upon buying her i had to leave her at my moms house in order for me to get her kannel ready for her, finally last weekend i brought her home but she seem to not be eating her normal serving honsetly she isnt eating half the amount she normally does, I had her ears clipped when she was at my moms house could that also be a reason why ?

The kannel is made off new lumber and she got her parvo shout already

Ok here the thing do you guys think me having her ears done and moving her around in such a short time is having a effect on her eating habbits?

Also i have a 3 month old male pupp (parvo treated) that my new female meet when she arrived at my house could this also be adding to her not eating as usual

Any opinion or suggestion will be highly appreciated am desperate guys she lossing weight.:confused:[/quote
    There ear cropping and moving around, with out a doubt has an influence to her eating. How much does she weigh? Poppas ears are cropped and His eating fluctuates (i don't think i spelled that right). He'll eat alot one day and will barely eat the next. I think its normal in pups. Once she settles down and feels more comfortable, she should eat more routinely. '
    Good Luck