Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Pit Bull Breed ID Experts Clash over Motauk Monster

Further to the news this morning that a prominent UK breed ID expert officially ruled out the Montauk monster being a Pit Bull type dog, another leading Pit Bull spotter has stepped forward to sensationally claim that the animal could and indeed probably IS a Pit Bull!

The new breed ID expert claims to be more experienced and didn’t obtain her qualification on a four hour course.

The latest expert to comment is an experienced Dangerous Dogs Act breed ID expert who holds no four hour ID course qualification, she holds no qualification at all. But she does have many years experience which she says helps her to ‘know a pit bull when she sees one’.

She told us:

“You really should be less naive than to take the word of a breed Id’r who achieved their status on a four hour training course. I have been identifying these dogs for many years and I’m afraid to say that that animal is no turtle. It’s not even got a turtle’s head. The fact is, there is no such thing as a turtle without a shell, a turtle’s shell is a fundamental fixture of the animal.”

She went on:

“Whilst I agree it is not a perfect pit bull, but it is one.”

We quizzed her on what she meant by ‘perfect pit bull’ given the fact that they are, to all intents and purposes a cross breed by definition - certainly here in the UK.

“What I mean by perfect pit bull is that this particular one lacks some key pit characteristics. It doesn’t have a red nose for a start. In fact, it doesn’t seem to have a nose at all. Which makes it somewhat less than perfect. Also, if you look closely at the animal’s rump and chest you will see no evidence of where the animal would have been pulling 18 tonne weighted carriages. Most pit bulls tend to do this on a semi regular basis. Certainly the perfect pit bulls do. I believe that the animal we are looking at is in fact a pit bull. Just not a perfect one.”

So, there we have it. Breed ID experts are falling out with each other over what the Monster actually is. DNA swabs may confirm the animal to be a pit bull but when we spoke to the UK’s third most prominent breed ID expert she said:

“I’ve never seen this dog, but I think it probably is a pit bull. I’d recommend it be put down.”

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...otauk-monster/

Official! The Montauk Monster is NOT a Pit Bull

Finally, it’s been confirmed. The animal that washed up on a New York beach is NOT, as was speculated, a Pit Bull dog.

Speaking to one of the UK’s most prominent breed ID experts - who completed a four hour course to achieve this status - they confirmed to us that the animal dubbed ‘The Montauk Monster’ was “no way a Pit Bull”.

The breed ID expert, who wished to remain nameless for fear of being stalked by the vengeful ghosts of Pit Bulls put to death under the UK’s Dangerous Dogs Act, told us:

“I’m an expert in this field. I’ve identified a lot of Pit Bulls, mainly from seeing pictures of them and reading about them in the newspaper and stuff. I saw a film with a Pit Bull in it too. I am a fully qualified Pit Bull spotter, I did a course and I sat through the whole four hours of it So I know what I’m talking about, yeah.”

The expert went onto explain:

“I know Pit Bulls and this is no Pit Bull. A few clues that some of these web speculators have missed. For one, it’s not really got any fur on it. Pit Bulls have a special fur that can’t be torn off, it was bred into them. You know, because they fight and stuff. Secondly, its mouth is agape. No Pit Bull would have an open mouth, they have locking jaws which mean they clamp down and can’t be prized open by humans. Most importantly, it’s just like, lying there. All placid and stuff. No way is that a Pit. All the (pictures) of Pit Bulls that I’ve seen tend to suggest that Pit Bulls don’t just lie down to have their picture taken like this. No way. They are fearsome animals and legend has it, they can even kill children who they haven’t even met yet just by thinking about them and clicking their back legs together. This is no Pit Bull, no way. If you want my expert opinion, it’s pretty obvious what this is. It’s a Turtle. One of those teenage mutant ninja ones. It’s not a Pit. No way. I know what I’m talking about.”

So there you have it. The Montauk Monster is “No way” a Pit Bull.

Thanks to the UK’s leading breed ID experts for clearing up the confusion for us. Much appreciated.

Apropos of nothing in particular…….

(END BSL)

http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...ot-a-pit-bull/

Images
    Honestly...WFT is that thing? And how in the hell could ANYONE look at it and mistake for a "pit bull"?? :confused:

Dude...I'm pretty sure this is satire.

Its a total joke, it has to be.

looks tasty though

*grabs apple*

Is that thing even real or just an internet hoax?

Images
    Those explaintions are so ridiculous, it is almost comical. Even some stuff (myths) I haven't heard before...The fur that is special and can't be torn off!

Yea, I could see where people would think it's a pit bull....those rare ones with beaks, webbed feet, and the skin of a cooked chicken.....LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by MercedesMama View Post
    Yea, I could see where people would think it's a pit bull....those rare ones with beaks, webbed feet, and the skin of a cooked chicken.....LMAO!
    Thats a beak-nose turtle pit..they are "bread" like that:p

This all has to be a hoax, I had not heard about the pit bull comment until now and that is so uncalled for....
    I think its a hoax because how come only this one picture, it doesn't show people near it, or nothing..Not even when they transfer this so called thing to a truck to the lab or anything..
    But calling it a pit bull, geez they really need to get a life.....

One thing for sure. It's dead.

12. That's gross, I just saw that picture while I was eating.

Images
    “What I mean by perfect pit bull is that this particular one lacks some key pit characteristics. It doesn’t have a red nose for a start."

Yeah, cause we all know real pit bulls all gots red noses!!

Images
    one more thing.... that thing looks like chicken I've pulled out of the oven..... ok, well, my chicken looks better... that thing bout made me barf!

15. Me too, It looks like a goose!

Images
    Looks to me like it came out of "Tales from the Crypt" or Stephen King....

17. Quote Originally Posted by fearlessknight View Post
    Looks to me like it came out of "Tales from the Crypt" or Stephen King....

or Night of the Living Dead:D

here is another link with a different picture.

http://gaysocialites.com/2008/08/is_...r_mystery.html

here's another where it kind of does look like a racoon.
    http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...ally-revealed/

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ewwies View Post
    here is another link with a different picture.

http://gaysocialites.com/2008/08/is_...r_mystery.html

here's another where it kind of does look like a racoon.
    http://www.dogmagazine.net/archives/...ally-revealed/

gross!! warning.... pic will make you hurl!!:D .... looked like a giant pig-thing to me

Its a boy!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast