Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Caesar Millan methods illegal in Austria

According to Google translate, an abstract:

Starting this year, Cesar Millan's training methods prohibited in Austria. The Government stated that his training methods go against the Austrian law on animal protection.

The public is now required by law to call if they see that dog owners use Cesar Millan's methods in dogs the police. For those who violate the law can be fined between 7,700 and 15,000 euros.

Anyone speak Dutch? Here's the full newspaper article:

That is German, not Dutch

Stupid Google... Anywho... German speakers?

4. Pretty sure Celeste does. I can pick out a couple words-verboten is forbidden. So that quote on the bottom left area says strangulation- is not only ~something~ but also clearly forbidden.

5. This is what I've worked out so far lol
    As a verterinary surgeon specializing in, animal rights activists and of the examination board for Miltglied the test/audit commission for animal protection qualified. Dog trainer on duty Messerli Institute feel is Erick Schmid, a clear warning to the animal welfare. Methods of mr Millan to enter, “I am reimbursing in the state owned Berzirks managing authority display, to this unhalt bears practices at least on the administrative review to stop.”

So this guy Erik who is qualified by that institute thinks animal welfare is in danger. And CM is saying something about keeping the crazy dog calm and reinforcing that state until he stops...

maybe, I don't know.

Haha it's a good start, thanks Jamie!... And now I'm really curious to know what the whole article says!

I took German for two years in high school. Unfortunately, I didn't learn much at all. lol

Wait... hold on.... An ex of mine is fluent, emailing it... now!

Got a link ?? ... could probably us Google translation or something

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBingo View Post
    Got a link ?? ... could probably us Google translation or something
    Nope, can't find a text version anywhere!

Maybe someone else can?

I found this translation on Facebook..

"Cruel training methods" by Verena thumb-Kuzmanovic animal rights vor. Schwarzach go against the well-known TV "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan.

As a veterinarian, animal rights activists and members of the
    examination committee for animal welfare qualified dog trainer on Messerli Institute Erik Schmid feels obligated to give a clear warning to the adverse animal welfare methods of Mr. Millan. "I will refund the competent district administrative screen to stop these unsustainable practices at least on the administrative halt." Strangulation is not only technically wrong, but also clearly verboten.Erik Schmid, TierarztDer so-called TV "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan uses in his shows According to the "American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior" animal torturing of methods whereby dog owners completely misguided werden.Aigner: Cesar Millan advertises to make it through his training "dangerous" dogs calm again. In reality, he achieved the opposite: His methodology consists of coercion and punitive measures. The dogs are strangled by thin collars and made compliant with kicks to the kidney area. Millan also used - in very painful for the dog sting and electric shock collars - banned in Austria. His sibilance of punishment frighten the animals so much that they dare nothing more. This represents Millan then as relaxation represents in fact the dogs in the so-called "learned helplessness" (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlernte_Hilflosigkeit) are crowded and falling out of fear of punishment in a lethargic, depressed Zustand.Wissen about the needs of the dog guarantee animal welfare and Sicherheit.Ursula Aigner, behavioral biologist schmid: But quite apart from these animal cruelty, there is the danger that begin the dogs to fight sometime from this fear out, they are ticking time bombs: violence breeds violence, and begins already at the leash jerk. There are countless videos on the internet to see where Millan himself is bitten. Bad Dog? No, in fact, pure self-defense. Sich.Hier exacerbates the problem behavior, the dog is strangled and from choking on is what is misinterpreted by Millan as "relaxation". Photo: Youtube Here the dog is strangled and from choking on is what is misinterpreted by Millan as "relaxation". Photo: Youtube Mr Millan is advertising for the company Merial. It's about drugs for pets. The "European Society of Veterinary Clinical Ethology" condemns TV channels propagieren.Aigner this cruelty: Millan Dog breaks through fear. A dog forcibly to "subdue" is obviously TV-compatible, to reinforce the desired behavior, for example, positively with treats. Only reward-oriented training changed the $#@!ociations of dog in a positive way. But that requires more knowledge about the expression and learning behavior of dogs, as in this transmission format has its place. Unfortunately imitate dog owners Millan's methods after a frightening development, as they are potentially a danger for the environment! This is the only training with motivation and reward, the use of dog-friendly equipment such as harness instead of collar and knowledge of the needs of our dogs guarantee animal welfare AND Sicherheit.Schmid: Even the BHV (Professional $#@!ociation of Dogs teachers and behavior consultants eV) and the IBH (international professional $#@!ociation of dog trainers) reject his approach from unanimous against animal protection and public danger. The pharmaceutical industry is naturally interested in as many psychotropic drugs for dogs for sale. Millan's methods guarantee that the holder engage in their desperation to sedatives for yourself and the dog, for many dogs, it ultimately means the Todesspritze.Wie you can put an end to these goings Schmid: According to 5 para 2 item 3.a? . is the use of tools aimed at the behavior of an animal by by hardness or criminal stimuli influencing prohibited. What Mr. Millan here presented publicly and proudly - like with "endless Strangler" / strangulation - is not only technically dead wrong, but clearly prohibited. The infliction of pain is also completely unnecessary, as there are enough non-violent alternatives to reward basis. Those who apply Millan's methods violate the Animal Welfare Act and must be displayed at police official veterinarian or bra. The penalty is 7500-15000 euros. In case of damage liability insurance can get out because the damage event, the bite wound, was challenged by improper handling of the dog. This can be life threatening at about the injury of a child with permanent damage in addition to psychological effects. Therefore the public about the dangers of using these methods must be elucidated.

12. Got it ... sorry for the format

"Cruel training methods"

by Verena thumb-Kuzmanovic
    Animal rights activists go against the well-known TV "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan before.

SCHWARZACH. As a veterinarian, animal rights activists and members of the examination committee for animal welfare qualified dog trainer on Messerli Institute Erik Schmid feels obligated to give a clear warning to the adverse animal welfare methods of Mr. Millan. "I will refund the competent district administrative screen to stop these unsustainable practices at least on the administrative halt."

Strangulation is not only technically wrong, but also clearly prohibited.

ERIK SCHMID,
    VETERINARIAN

The so-called TV "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan uses in his shows, according to the "American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior" on animal torturing methods, which dog owners are completely misguided.

AIGNER: Cesar Millan advertises to make it through his training "dangerous" dogs calm again. In reality, he achieved the opposite: His methodology consists of coercion and punitive measures. The dogs are strangled by thin collars and made ​​compliant with kicks to the kidney area. Millan also used - in very painful for the dog sting and electric shock collars - banned in Austria. His sibilance of punishment frighten the animals so much that they dare nothing more. This represents Millan then as relaxation represents in fact the dogs in the so-called "learned helplessness" (Erlernte Hilflosigkeit * Wikipedia) are crowded and falling out of fear of punishment in a depressive-lethargic state.

Knowledge about the needs of the dog guarantee animal welfare and safety.

URSULA AIGNER, BEHAVIORAL BIOLOGIST

SCHMID: Away from this animal cruelty but there is a risk that the dogs begin to fight sometime out of this fear, they are ticking time bombs: violence breeds violence, and that starts with the leash jerk. There are countless videos on the internet to see where Millan himself is bitten. Bad Dog? No, in fact, pure self-defense. The problem behavior worse.
    Here the dog is strangled and from choking on is what is misinterpreted by Millan as "relaxation."
    PHOTO: YOUTUBE
    Mr. Millan is advertising for the Group Merial. It's about drugs for pets. The "European Society of Veterinary Clinical Ethology" condemns TV channels that propagate this cruelty.

AIGNER: Millan Dog breaks through fear. A dog forcibly to "subdue" is obviously TV-compatible, to reinforce the desired behavior, for example, positively with treats. Only reward-oriented training changed the $#@!ociations of dog in a positive way. But that requires more knowledge about the expression and learning behavior of dogs, as in this transmission format has its place. Unfortunately imitate dog owners Millan's methods after a frightening development, as they are potentially a danger for the environment! This is the only training with motivation and reward, the use of dog-friendly equipment such as harness instead of collar and knowledge of the needs of our dogs guarantee animal welfare AND safety.
    SCHMID: Even the BHV (professional $#@!ociation of teachers and behavior consultants dogs eV) and the IBH (International $#@!ociation of Professional Dog Trainers) reject his approach from unanimous against animal protection and public danger. The pharmaceutical industry is naturally interested in as many psychotropic drugs for dogs for sale. Millan's methods guarantee that the holder engage in their desperation to sedatives for yourself and the dog, for many dogs it means ultimately lethal injection.
    How can you put an end to this bustle?

SCHMID: According to 5 para 2 item 3.a. is the use of tools aimed at the behavior of an animal by by hardness or criminal stimuli influencing prohibited. What Mr. Millan here presented publicly and proudly - like with "endless Strangler" / strangulation - is not only technically dead wrong, but clearly prohibited. The infliction of pain is also completely unnecessary, as there are enough non-violent alternatives to reward basis.Those who apply Millan's methods violate the Animal Welfare Act and must be displayed at police official veterinarian or bra. The penalty is 7500-15000 euros. In case of damage liability insurance can get out because the damage event, the bite wound, was challenged by improper handling of the dog. This can be life threatening at about the injury of a child with permanent damage in addition to psychological effects.Therefore the public about the dangers of using these methods must be elucidated.

The person

Mag Ursula Aigner behavioral biologist and dog trainer, sworn and judicially certified for dogs and cats; Mail: info@canis-sapiens.at; web: http://www.canis-sapiens.at; Canis sapiens - gewaltfreies Hundetraining

http://www.vorarlbergernachrichten.a...ngsmethoden.vn

Awesome, Joe!

@Joe, yours is much neater than what I found. lol

15. Same thing, we just posted about the same time Missy LOL ... I was working on the quote and missed your post by two minutes HA

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBingo View Post
    Same thing, we just posted about the same time Missy LOL ... I was working on the quote and missed your post by two minutes HA
    lol, I know! I like your post better!

17. Caesar's methods should be illegal here too. His methods are outdated and dangerous.

Images
    It's actually really surprising to hear a government be so concerned over something such as punish based training for companion animals. Hope their welfare act extends to livestock as well!

Images
    I love this line:
    Here the dog is strangled and from choking on is what is misinterpreted by Millan as "relaxation."

Images
    I don't believe in every aspect of his methods but I do not see at all how his methods are abusive. I take a little from traditional methods and a little from the new positive reinforcment and combining the two together works great! But touching your dog to "snap him out of it" the way he does isn't abuse... and all of his dogs at the center sure look stable and happy! Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast