1. Different "types" of bull terrier?

I was confused when i saw this picture?

Shouldn't they look more terrier type considering what the breed originally looked like?
    I have never heard of these "types" before have any of you?

I don't want to open up a can of worms here again, but yes, they used to look more of the terrier type originally, but as we know, the breed has changed quite a bit to what it is now.

Here's some good old time shots....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20habcz.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	52138Click image for larger version. 

Name:	72zok7.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	52139Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqJ,!qIE-0pIVrOFBPvf4iPtDQ~~60_57.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	52137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chbrendonberyl.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	52140Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chnumskull.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	52141

Now I still embrace the breed today for what it is. Their personality is like non other. My EBT is my best buddy, as well as hunting companion. But if I were asked my preference, it would be the original type.

3. What's up with the dalmation types? I really just don't understand the picture, are there people breeding all different kinds of bull terriers?

Not that I am aware of. I think most focus is on the head and the front ends from what I understand. Not sure though. I've seen that pic too and never paid much mind to it. I'm sure if there's any breeders on here they might be able to clarify better.

I much prefer the old type, there are people that still breed them that way and if I were to get one I would for sure choose them, they not only breed the "correct" type imo they also work their dogs.

^^ LOL at your avatar pic! :)

Lol its pretty awesome huh :P

In all dog breeds you have your different "types". In Chihuahuas, the breed standered is short and cobby with a well rounded head. Then the BYB's come along and now there's "Deer type" "teacup" etc...
    Where did the BT info come from?

Actually i know plenty of breeders who breed the dalmation type, not many breed for bully type, but i think over-all most strive for an in between typey dog.

Thats the awsome thing about BTs- there are several differant types acepted by the standard-NOT just created by BYBs.

That photo posted by the OP, comes from the BTCA illistrated standard.

My personal favorite of types is the Bull type, thick, short and muscular.

10. Quote Originally Posted by xchairity_casex View Post
    Actually i know plenty of breeders who breed the dalmation type, not many breed for bully type, but i think over-all most strive for an in between typey dog.

Thats the awsome thing about BTs- there are several differant types acepted by the standard-NOT just created by BYBs.

That photo posted by the OP, comes from the BTCA illistrated standard.

My personal favorite of types is the Bull type, thick, short and muscular.
    t
    The dalmation type ? pls explain .
    I love it when people stateside pretend they know what the f*ck they are talking about when it comes to the BTs

11. well some people think that James Hinks used dalmations in his breeding program . true or not i dont know....

I highly recommend the book "The New Bull Terrier" by John Remer, or "Made In Birmingham" by Dr David Harris in explaining why each type is vital to preserve this breed. (I am a believer in health, construction & type, as opposed to the misshapen head that seems to be the Facebook fad.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    t
    I love it when people stateside pretend they know what the f*ck they are talking about when it comes to the BTs
    You better not start crap with me Garry,

Im not a know-it-all, im not going to pretend to know it all-all i know is what i learn from others.
    Last edited by xchairity_casex; 04-23-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpedigree View Post
    t
    And I love it when people who act like THEY know it all, when it comes to BT's, get on a thread and just leave sarcastic comments rather than contributing some sort of productive or helpful information.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingBullTerrier View Post
    And I love it when people who act like THEY know it all, when it comes to BT's, get on a thread and just leave sarcastic comments rather than contributing some sort of productive or helpful information.
    EXACTLY! why not instead of being an $#@!-you CORRECT ME where i am wrong?
    I welcome recieveing the correct information.

@AmberABCg-
    Its great to see you here! nice to see some older members back, will DEFF try getting my hands on that book!
    Ive been trying to build up my collection of BT books- i was supposed to be getting the book "the new Bull Terrier" i orderd it off ebay, never came but they did send me a refund-though i would have rather had the book!
    Last edited by xchairity_casex; 04-23-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingBullTerrier View Post