1. Tatonka and very excited!!

Hi, everyone I am new here on this forum but no stranger to APBT. I raised a few red nose dogs (no notable bloodline to speak of) and it has been 12 years since I owned a dog due to my service in the US Navy. I wanted to own one during my service but I was not ready since I deployed several times. I have about 8 months left on my enlistment and I am excited to start planning for the arrival of my new Tatonka pup in early 2014. Do any of you own Tatonka/ Sorrell dogs? If so what can I expect as I know these dogs are balls of fire. Love the Tri-color dogs and I am hoping to get a pup sired by Tatonkas XXX. Thoughts anyone?

2. There are thousands of dogs looking for homes in shelters.

Images
    First, thanks so much for serving!

I have no experience with them but good luck with your new addition. You'll have to keep us posted.

I don't have experience with Tatonka. Regardless, if that's what you like, go for it.

I waited 20 years to get another dog. I know about deployments.

From a retired Navy Chief :SALUTE:

Images
    Welcome!

Hope you find the perfect pup for your likes!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by abland007 View Post
    There are thousands of dogs looking for homes in shelters.
    shut up not everyone ones to adopt

Quote Originally Posted by abland007 View Post
    And there's one inappropriately nosey mofo in this thread. Wanna guess who that is?

8. Quote Originally Posted by abland007 View Post
    STFU with your $#@!. People are free to choose where they want to get a dog from.

While I really like their dogs, I dislike some of their breedings.

They currently have a breeding up with a female well under 2 years old. I do not believe they actively health test either (only 2 "Tatonka" APBTs show up on the OFA's database. Not sure about Pennhip though).

I'm not into that stuff, those are red flags for me. But that's me. I love sorrells stuff, and Tatonka's dogs are very good looking, I've heard good things about their temperament. My issue's more in the ethics area

10. Quote Originally Posted by abland007 View Post
    Every pit bull I have ever had he joy of owning has come from a shelter. While I am not against shelter dogs at all in any way I want to have the complete experience planning, finding a breeder, waiting for the litter, choosing my next family member and raising from puppyhood in a responsible fashion. Thanks for sharing.

11. Quote Originally Posted by _unoriginal View Post
    First, thanks so much for serving!

I have no experience with them but good luck with your new addition. You'll have to keep us posted.
    I will keep you posted and I am proud of my service and proud of my country.

12. Hooyah!!!! Thanks for your service chief and thanks for the advice.

Best breed it the world.

13. Good luck with the new pup! :) I hope your new family member is everything you wanted.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ReneeRM View Post
    Good luck with the new pup! :) I hope your new family member is everything you wanted.
    Thanks, I am sure he will be.

15. Quote Originally Posted by Celestial88 View Post

They currently have a breeding up with a female well under 2 years old. I do not believe they actively health test either (only 2 "Tatonka" APBTs show up on the OFA's database. Not sure about Pennhip though).

I'm not into that stuff, those are red flags for me. But that's me. I love sorrells stuff, and Tatonka's dogs are very good looking, I've heard good things about their temperament. My issue's more in the ethics area
    Oh she is a for sure peddler. Will sell to anybody with money.

16. Quote Originally Posted by Celestial88 View Post

I hear you on the subject of health testing. I must say that some doubt has entered my mind as to whether this is the right choice in kennels. I have read soo many different opinions about Tatonka and honestly I will visit the kennel with an open mind and I will ask the right questions before settling with a pup from there. Beautiful dogs though.