Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What should my pit bull look like at 4 months

what do people think of my 4 month old female pit bull pup, what should i do to get her to settle down? she likes to ruff house with my 2 yr. old boxer

2. You initiate play time and you also end play time. If the pup gets too rough, stop the play. If the pup is getting too rough with the boxer, redirect the pup. Give the pup a toy. Do you have pictures?

What should she look like? Healthy. :D

Do to how many breeds are considered to be "pit bulls", there is a wide variety of looks among the dogs. As long as your dog is healthy on the inside and depicts that on the outside, then all is well. ;)

As for rough-housing with the Boxer, playtime is definitely all right. Just make sure, however, that you are ALWAYS supervising and break them up anytime it starts to get too rough and/or out-of-hand. And limit the play sessions to a certain length of time. All it takes is it to go on for 30 seconds too long and your pup could get seriously injured. And as your pup gets older, either of the dogs could get injured. And NEVER ever ever ever ever leave them alone in a room together and even worse, leave them together while you are gone. At least one of the dogs should be kenneled when you are not there (although I'm a HUGE fan of kennels as it gives your dog it's own home within your home ;) )

how do you up load pics. lol

Quote Originally Posted by lerssen View Post
    how do you up load pics. lol
    You can do it as an "attachment" by clicking on "advanced" when you reply to or start a new thread.

But I found that the easiest was to set up a photobucket account (www.photobucket.com) and upload your pics there. Then you can plaster your pics anywhere you please. :D

we do use a kennel for her when we are not home for the simple fact she is a pup and likes to chew on things a little bit with teething and all. Some people say her nose might be a little to long, but i don't think so, but if it is don't they usualy grow into that a bit. most pups look the same at 4 months don't they?

we do use a kennel for her when we are not home for the simple fact she is a pup and likes to chew on things a little bit with teething and all. Some people say her nose might be a little to long, but i don't think so, but if it is don't they usualy grow into that a bit. most pups look the same at 4 months don't they?
    Not necessarily. Thanks to such a wide variety in the dogs that are being bred, it depends all upon the genetics to determine what the dog will look like.

For example, my dogs were in the teen pound range at 4 months, but I know of a few people on here who's dogs were in the 30 lb range at that point. It really depends on what type of "pit bull" your dog is and what the parents looked like.

As for a long nose, these dogs should NOT have short noses. A snubbed-nosed dog could not work as the breed was intended.

[attach]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogs 002.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	1252

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogs 001.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	443.1 KB 
ID:	1253[/attach]

9. Quote Originally Posted by lerssen View Post
    [attach]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogs 002.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	407.8 KB 
ID:	1252

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dogs 001.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	443.1 KB 
ID:	1253[/attach]

I love the ears:D

she is about 4 months old and is about 25 lbs.

i thought about getting them cut, but living in a small town and all iI don't want all the town people thinking she is a mean dog. there r about 12 kids in the nieghbor hood and i have for of my own 4 and under and they all play with her when they come over. and if i crop them i'm afraid the the parents might look at her diffrent and not let there kids come over. she plays very well with other kids and the kids love her.

12. She is so pretty, my Rocky is also 4 months and they start their bratty stage about now...lol We also have a 6 week old rescue and Rocky really wants to play rough. I am only allowing them to play through the fence at the moment until Karam gets a little bigger.

Pups at 4 months love to play and they can be quit rough, I agree if the pup starts getting too rough then remove it from the situation. I use the words "easy" and "play nice" with my two, Rocky is slowly getting the hint...Here is Rocky at 4 months

This is what he looks like being a brat...lol he is tied to his training lead, and this moring he did not want to train he wanted to bark at me. So I left him there until he calmed down....lol only takes me walking away for about 15 mins

they say both parents were red nose pits and were put down when the pups were only 2 days old cause they were aggresive so they say. they human society bottle feed the pups. and the owners were upset about the dogs geting put down they wont give me any papers on my pup so i can't be for sure if she is pure breed. i think she isby the pics i seen of the parents. what do you think?

14. Aggressive in what way? Toward people or other dogs? Human aggression is something to be concerned about since it tends to be genetic. Being as she came from the HS, it won't be proven with her being purebred or not, but love her for what she is and make sure she's spayed and taken care of.

And being about 25# at 4 months means she'll finish about 50-ish pounds.

And definately seconding the brat stage...

15. they say both parents were red nose pits and were put down when the pups were only 2 days old cause they were aggresive so they say. they human society bottle feed the pups. and the owners were upset about the dogs geting put down they wont give me any papers on my pup so i can't be for sure if she is pure breed. i think she isby the pics i seen of the parents. what do you think?
    That kind of worries me. I really hope she does not have aggression problems when she gets older.

There is no way of telling if your pup is "full blooded" I really do not like that term, I am sure both of my dogs and yours are full of blood:D I like the term pure breed a little better.

Some pictures of Dooley
    14 weeks at 23#
    16 weeks at 27.5 #
    to me Dooley looks smaller that the others here :)

2 nights ago he was playing with a six months old English Bulldog (60#) and it started a little rough but they settle down and kept playing OK. Supervised 100% of the time. I pulled them apart a few times within the first 15 minutes, after that a simple nah-aah or calling Dooley, would do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dooley14weeks02.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	1254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DooleyCollar02.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	1255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DooleyCollar01.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	1256  

i don't think she will have any aggression seems how she was bottle feed from day 2 of her life, so she nows that the human hand is a good hand, and being well socalized with kids and other dog all over this neiborhood. all strangers and kids walk by and pet her . at what age can you take a puppy to obediance cl$#@!? does she look like a good beed? if not its o.k. i was just hapy to help the little girl out, shes alot of fun. lol

i also have a boxer and a 200+ english mastiff and they both are the most gental dogs ever they just lay there and let her climb all over them, so hopefuly she picks up on that just as wonderful if not better then them

19. HA is genetic so it does not matter how well you raise them, and it really worries me that not one but both parents were put down for aggression. She is a beautiful pup no doubt but so was Dexter you can read his story it is heart breaking to say the least. http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=1894

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
    What should she look like? Healthy. :D

Do to how many breeds are considered to be "pit bulls", there is a wide variety of looks among the dogs. As long as your dog is healthy on the inside and depicts that on the outside, then all is well. ;)

As for rough-housing with the Boxer, playtime is definitely all right. Just make sure, however, that you are ALWAYS supervising and break them up anytime it starts to get too rough and/or out-of-hand. And limit the play sessions to a certain length of time. All it takes is it to go on for 30 seconds too long and your pup could get seriously injured. And as your pup gets older, either of the dogs could get injured. And NEVER ever ever ever ever leave them alone in a room together and even worse, leave them together while you are gone. At least one of the dogs should be kenneled when you are not there (although I'm a HUGE fan of kennels as it gives your dog it's own home within your home ;) )
    Great advice! (as always) ;)

they say both parents were red nose pits and were put down when the pups were only 2 days old cause they were aggresive so they say. they human society bottle feed the pups. and the owners were upset about the dogs geting put down they wont give me any papers on my pup so i can't be for sure if she is pure breed. i think she isby the pics i seen of the parents. what do you think?
    Ummmm....what exactly do you mean by this? In what EXACT way were aggressive? This is a lot more important than you realize....

i don't think she will have any aggression seems how she was bottle feed from day 2 of her life, so she nows that the human hand is a good hand, and being well socalized with kids and other dog all over this neiborhood. all strangers and kids walk by and pet her . at what age can you take a puppy to obediance cl$#@!? does she look like a good beed? if not its o.k. i was just hapy to help the little girl out, shes alot of fun. lol
    It does not matter that she is showing nothing now....
    Let me explain something....

There are 2 common types of "aggression" There is
    DA = Dog aggression (which, in this breed, you can EXPECT YOUR DOG TO HAVE...it is normal and natural)

HA = Human aggression....this is BAD...and it is NOT accepted in this breed at all.....this breed or the mix of should NEVER show ANY form of aggression to a human......

If your dog came from HA parents then it is more than likely that YOUR PUP will be also. It does not matter that it does not show that right now...it is too young, really, to show any type of agreession....I sugggest you find out and necessary precaution....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast